How do you select a ball

Ive been bowling for a few years now but have had a 2 year break after an illness.
I have had some coaching to learn to bowl fingertip style and have had a ball drilled to suit.
My current league average is around 160
What I want to do is to advance to the next level which I assume is buying Reactive ball and leaning to bowl with it.
So this raises 2 questions.
1/How do you find a suitable ball (All balls have different characteristics and don't suit all bowlers)
Its not as if you can test drive balls
2/Finding a suitable coach
I live around 2 hours east of Melbourne and would have to travel to Melbourne But thats no problem.
Don't get me wrong we have some extremely good coaches here but as I said I think a Professional coach is what I'm seeking.
Any Suggestions???
I Think I will be going with Pat Birtig he seem to be on the ball (no pun intended)
Any thoughts????
Also Is there any clinics the teach general things like caring for shoes and balls or are these thing that you pick up as you go
(Sorry we are a but slow here in the country)
Ive inquired abut the super school that Pat runs and assume these things are covered but these are only held when they get enough numbers
Any comments would be greatly appreciated

There are some questions that need to be answered before I can recommend equipment to anyone:

How much hook do you want from the ball?

What types of gear do you already have?

What lane conditions do you bowl on?

How much do you want to spend on the ball?

Do you have a preferred brand name?

After these are answered, then we can decide which is the best option for you.

Back
Top Bottom