How long do bowling balls last?

KeZzA

Hey,
I was just wondering how long are bowling balls supposed to last?
Some pple say 2 yrs, but i wanna find out what others think.
And how often should u buy a bowling ball?

Thanx, heaps.
K~E~Z~Z~A

If you can get your hands on the April 2004 issue of "What's the Score" which is distributed at all AMF centres, the second last page has a quite interesting article on the life span of a reactive bowling ball.

I find it quite informative and gave a lot of information about how to prolong the life of your bowling ball, definitely well worth a read if you can find a copy.

well i always buy the ball after 2 or 3 years, but 3 of my bowling ball it quite old but still new because i have been absent for 6 years since injuries. 3 of the ball rounghly 7 or 8 years old but still good. one of my fave bowling ball gone it got crack it up for some reason i only bowl that ball for 2 years it was perfect ball it really breaking my heart. so i brought new bowling ball it not the same as my fave ball but new ball it ok it very good. the reason ppl always buy new ball after 2 or 3 years i think that because some of bowler want to try it out or having comfortable with ball way it is, when i brought new ball it the way find the trick way with ball u will never know what it feel, some bowlers is different all is different type they bowl at some likes hookers some of straight no matter how they bowl. some ppl try to improve their bowling skill.

Would the life span of a bowling ball differ, with the amount of games u bowl with it each week?

I bowl 6 - 9 games per week, with the same ball, for strikes & spares.

Games, conditions, revs, surfaces, resurfaces, so many variables.

But, what dictates a dead bowling ball? just because you can no longer hook it, doesnt mean someone else cant, it doesnt meant it is dead either. 'Dead' gear is the best gear, there is nothing better than a ball that only reacts if you make it, takes away all the over and under reaction. I still use gear made in the early to mid 90's, and if things dont get better, im going to find my udot and get that redrilled to bowl with.

Personally, i dont like buying new gear, i simply find it is just too aggressive and unpredictible. Id rather wait and see just what happens on the conditions down here before i even think about a new purchase. Even then, i still havent really found a condition that has required the use of a brand new super soaker, IMHO, there just isnt enough oil to warrant it.

I find myself buying new gear and polishing the surface or redrilling it just to get it to go longer, id rather use my old gear and save myself some cash :)

Back
Top Bottom