The Wrestling Thread

Like everyone else, i agree that if anyone is to beat Cena (and i hope to the heavens above he does) it'd be Orton. I think the rivalries he's had with HBK and RVD have really set him up for a good title run. Then again, Cena's probs gonna win cause of the ass kisser he is, if that's the case, let Orton have a run at Cena 1 on 1 without Lashley screwing up a situation with 1 wrestler who stinks the joint out.
Punk and benoit is going to be a huge match and easily the best match the new ECW has and probabily will have (unless they decide to drag the rivalry on and into an extreme rules match)
I hope Edge retains, but i get the feeling we're gonna get the same thing that happened at Survivor Series last year, Batista will win cause it's a last chance match. Hope it doesn't though, cause their are plenty of wrestlers on SD that have the potential to have amazing rivalries with him for the World Title e.g. Hardy, Henry, Kane, Holly and the Undertaker when he returns. But knoin WWE, they'll probably mess up Edge's character by putting him in a title match with Hornswoggle, lol

I just had a look on the SD roster...and why is there the dude out of the movie 300, King Leonidas on there?

is any of you guys going to summer slam tour 29th july i am two rows from the front lol
Yup. 6th row from the front. Directly opposite from the entrance ramp so you get to see the full entrance of all the wrestlers.

Who will D+D face? Seeing its an open challenge match probably London and Kendrick will stick their hand up. I'd really like to see 2 teams challenge for it tho.

Austin is crazy in that ECW promo. He's gold on the mic no matter which company he was in.

Cena is actually a pretty decent champ. He's picked up a few extra moves as of late (evident in the 60min classic he and HBK had on Raw just before Backlash - MOTY so far). He has what Lashley lacks - charisma and great mic skills.

Lashley is the worst champ since David Arquette in WCW back in 1999/2000.

Don't knock the Nature Boy - unlike the other fossils that still try to wrestle *cough* Hogan *cough* - Flair can still put on an entertaining show and isn't afraid to put over an opponent. He still is great with a mic in his hand too - he and Paul Heyman had me in stitches during the Dec 03 tour here at the start of the event.

2 days to go til Vengance. Only 5 weeks to go til Smackdown :D

Sorry but I'll have to disagree on that one. Austin could wrestle. His character was a methodical Redneck that kicked arse but that man could wrestle. Before he became Stone Cold, he was called The Ringmaster for a reason. Then when he was in WCW and ECW, he showed how good he really was. When the time called for him, he pulled out some great 'wrestling' matches.
One in particular that stands out was on an episode of RAW in 2000 when he returned from injury, he got challenged to a match by Benoit with the stipulation that he wasn't allowed to throw a punch. It was a great match with great chain wrestling.
This isn't an attack on you but Stone Cold could wrestle.
You're right I'll have to agree with you. I remember that match with Benoit, it was the night after the Survivor series. People preferred his "open a can of whoop ass" style in the ring. As far as Cena goes, I'll still have to go with Mr Kennedy to turn fan favourate and beat Cena for the title.

Who will D+D face? Seeing its an open challenge match probably London and Kendrick will stick their hand up. I'd really like to see 2 teams challenge for it tho.

sounds about right, there wasn't any teams on smackdown to challenge them, so they've gotta look elsewhere. Would like to see london and kiendrick have another go, but i dont see the point in the 2 titles on RAW. Just a thought out of left field, wouldn't mind seeing Burke and Cor Von have a go at it

As for the rest, i think its time for a new wwe champ, and as much as cena is a decent champ, and as much as i hate to say this, orton would probably be the best one to take it

The Great Khali and Sir Mark Henry aren't doing anything Sunday... they could challenge D+D as well! --- Anyone for squash? :p

That match would be over pretty quick :surrender:

Not that quick. Those two are so slow that it'd take them 5 minutes to catch their opponent, 10 minutes to set up a move after a punch, or in Khali's case a devastating chop, and 10 more minutes to execute the move.

Your winners in a not so epic 25 minute match are The Drongos!!!

PS. I mark out for both The Silverback and The Great Khali :D

Not as quick as if it was Lil Boogeyman and Hornswaggle. They'd take D+D to school - 2 mins later, Lil Boogey delivers "the Inchworm" and Hornswaggle follows up with the "Tadpole Splash" , and we have NEW WWE Tag Champs!! :D

I secretly mark out for Khali and Henry too - both have improved heaps in the last year (especially Henry since coming back from injury)

Mark Henry was on his way to the top before he got injured. D+D will face The New Age Outlaws!!

D+D will face The New Age Outlaws!!

In the words of Royal T "Tell me you did not just say that!!"

I really hope the open challenge/ mystery opponent thing is a good one and not just some glorified jobber team thrown together.

Last time I remember a mystery opponent stipulation being done well was at WMXI (1995) with the Smoking Gunns against Owen Hart (RIP) and a partner of his choosing. His partner was none other than the great Yokozuna (RIP) - completely shocked the Gunns and walked out tag champs :D

How about they make it an open challenge to anyone who has ever held tag team gold in the E?

The Headbangers will be your new champs - they must have been close to the worst tag champs in the past decade - close 2nd goes to The Godwinns and Billy + Chuck, possibly the Bashams too.

D+D will face The New Age Outlaws!!

That may happen, it'd set up well for a DX reunion at Summerslam when HBK and HHH return. Love to see Pac being thrown in there as well, WSX ruined his, in my opinion, was the worst move he could'v made, he shoulda stayed on TNA and waited for E to offer him a contract back again

Kip and BG James (The former Outlaws) are still contracted with TNA - so don't hold your breath.

The Headbangers will be your new champs - they must have been close to the worst tag champs in the past decade - close 2nd goes to The Godwinns and Billy + Chuck, possibly the Bashams too.
Don't forget The Right to Censor and the Spirit Squad. A team of 5 all as Tag team champs. That was rediculas

The Spirit Squad were there for a purpose. Definitely weren't one of the worst teams ever. An eight month reign will tell you that. The Right To Censor were alright, again they served their purpose which was to be hated by the crowd - and they were hated indeed, but also I wouldn't say they were one of the worst champs either.

Back
Top Bottom