The Bowling Quiz Game... Who/What am I?

And the song is called 'What i am'

OK who am i? I am regarded by many as the one of the most talented players to not win a national PBA title in the modern era. 1st clue i made the stepladder in the 1991 US Open but i'm not Mark Thayer!!

Eddie Brickell and Edie Brickell :D

For those who don't have their head stuck in wickepedia 24/7 like Adrian thought this may be of interest.

Music
Brickell attended high school at the Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Dallas, and then attended Southern Methodist University for a year and a half before, in 1985, she made the decision one night in a bar to get up on stage with a local folk rock group, New Bohemians. She joined the band as lead singer and the group became Edie Brickell & New Bohemians. Their 1988 debut album Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars became a critical and commercial success.

Films and Video
Brickell had a role as a folk singer in the 1989 film, Born on the Fourth of July. Her version of Bob Dylan's "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall" is featured on the film's soundtrack. She also sang a cover version of Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side in the 1990 film Flashback. Her "Good Times" video was included as part of the multimedia samples on the Windows 95 installation CD-ROM.

Family
Her father, Eddie Brickell, "the Fort Worth Southpaw", was posthumously inducted into the Texas State Bowling Association Hall of Fame in 1988.

Brickell married singer-songwriter Paul Simon on May 30, 1992. They live in New Canaan, Connecticut. Brickell was performing "What I Am" on NBC's Saturday Night Live when she noticed Simon standing in front of the cameraman. "He made me mess the song up when I looked at him", she said with a smile. "We can show the kids the tape and say, 'Look, that's when we first laid eyes on each other.'"

Though we hadn't heard of her here we certainly know of her husband.

Waynes turn again, too busy on youtube to read Wiki!!!(Unless its weapons that dont exist but should)

This PBA multiple titlist died from stab wounds suffered while he was serving time in a California jail.

Yo Adrian.....
I might have to go even further into the depths for my next question.

Your turn again..Better make it a hard one for the masses.

Oohh ok where on a theme here, PBA and crime, Alright what 3 time PBA champ was arrested in the early-mid 90's for running a bookie office from his house?

Clue, his 3 national titles all came in 1982

Oohh ok where on a theme here, PBA and crime, Alright what 3 time PBA champ was arrested in the early-mid 90's for running a bookie office from his house?

Clue, his 3 national titles all came in 1982
The only three bowlers to have won 3 PBA National Tour titles in 1982 were:

Earl Anthony - Titles: 43 - Last: 1984 ABC (USBC) Masters.
Guppy Troup - Titles: 8 - Last: 1985 Austin Open.
Art Trask - Titles: 4 - Last: 1983 Fair Lanes Open.

Unless this is a trick question, it can't be any of them.

PS: If you meant 2 - it would be Steve Fehr.
Won two in his career, both in '82, the last was the Brunswick Memorial World Open.
From memory, he used to bowl with a unique 5-finger grip due to wrist problems or the like.

Back
Top Bottom