chrisb said:
what about fred allsop
Carmers said:
Rob Zikman?
Matt H said:
l would say eric thompson...
mattr said:
Ian Bradford
To the best of my knowledge all 4 represented Australia in the AMF World Cup.
Allsop - 1998 4th.
Zikman - 1989 17th.
Thompson - 1977 9th.
Bradford - 1982 37th, 1984 6th, 1988 2nd and 1993 27th. Also currently highest ever Australian male finishing 2nd to Mohammed Khalifa AlQubasi in 1988.

Also good idea Jase

Terry Wenban.

Gary...........................................:cool:

PS: Need an update on AUSRALIAN TENPIN BOWLING book it only goes up 1987-88..........................;)

bm2 said:
My guess is Terry Wenban - tho I didn't think he was 51.....not too shabby for an old fella!!!!
Broni
He's still young at heart! (Although he misses his knees a bit these days!)
tonx said:
NFI,
Good topic tho!
on edit- Bradford?
What else would a "Proud Victorian" say? :)

Its Wenban and here's why, Terry won the SPC in 1981, That year a world cup qualifier was held(an experiment duplicated in the 90's too i believe)The mens div of this qualifier was won by Chris Batson.

The ball you shot 860 with will do for a prize thanks Jase!!:cool:

haha!! saw your answer, just thought i'd add the exact reason he ddint go to the world cup as well

For all those that guessed myself well done .... it's been fun. I am a little surprised anyone knew why I didn't go to the world cup though.

Ok for those of you who guessed it right congratulations. I could have listed everything Terry had won or done but that would have narrowed it down even more. I am sure there have been some great bowlers to walk the timber but Terry would have to be one of the greatest ever. His list of achievements is as follows.

Melbourne Cup
Australian / Hawaiian Invitational
Queensland Open, Perth Cup
South Pacific Classic
Pepsi Invitational, NSW Open
Pepsi Invitational
South Australian Open, Sydney Cup
Sydney Cup, Koolfoam Classic, Brisbane Cup
Koolfoam Classic
Australian Open, Australian Masters
Terry also won some 30 plus other events including:
4 x Orange Opens
3 x Liverpool Cups
2 x Newcastle Cups
2 x Rachuig titles
2 x ATBA events
City and NSW Masters
Winfield Classic - New Zealand
Canberra Open
Australian Marathon - Clayfield
Australian Invitational – Mascot
Represented Australia Helsinki – 1987
Brunswick World Open – 1995
Country Challenge – Warrawong

Terry has also won two events in two different states in the one day, how many bowlers out there could also boast about winning at least one title in all of the last four decades. Terry also won his first Junior National Title in 1966, yes that’s correct 1966 and some 40 years later with equipment changes and a different mental approach to the game, he is still more than competitive. Terry can always be found either in a bowling centre or more than likely be found happily enjoying the sunshine on a golf course in Sunny QLD these days. Terry is always willing to share his thoughts or experiences about the game with anyone who stops him in his path, and believe you me he has had some great stories to tell. He has given me some great advice on and off the lanes and I am sure he has with many others also, so don’t be afraid to ask him.

Terry’s bowling career is far from over as he still has set his goals on winning a Major title in this decade to be the only bowler to win Major titles in four decades and then he is done …

On finishing I thank you Terry for giving up your time and allowing me to give the younger generation an insight on what a great bowling career you have. Good luck with you r new goals.

The next “who am I” will be a little tougher.

Adrian the Ball is under lock and Key sorry!!!!!!

Nice one Jase next one bring it on.

Gary............................................................:cool:

It was a dead giveaway anyway to anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes studying the game.. ;)

Well done Terry. Look forward to seeing you on the lanes at K&K.

I can't believe Wenban is younger than me,only joking.What a great bowler Terry is,one of my greatest opponents through the years.It is great to see him coming back to bowling.I remember playing against him in matchplay in the Brunswick Aust Cup,and all we talked about was the good old days of bowling.Terry and I go back a long way, you can tell by our age. looking forward to catching up at the K&K.What memories.
Lovey

Back
Top Bottom