GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
1st event: S.A Cup Jan 26,27,28 - Woodville, SA

2nd event: Australian Open Mar/April 29,30,1 - Highpoint Bowl, Vic *UPDATED*

3rd event: Queensland Cup May 5,6 - Kedron, Qld

4th event: NSW Open Jul 26, 27 - Bankstown, NSW

5th event: South Pacific Sep 20,21,22 - Moorabin, VIC

6th event: Sydney Cup Nov 16,17 - Parramatta, NSW

So much for the events being spaced out, I wonder how many people will take the week off to bowl both events over the April/May weekend. Irrelevant on what happens, I"ll be there.

Interested to hear other peoples views on next years tour.

G
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

The events are spaced out as much as AMF can. I thought two events would clash. You have state events that most people attend and they couldn't have a run-in with those events.

We will have to wait and see with the entries. Air fares have gone threw the roof and people will definately not be able to afford to travel interstate.

I know I will be driving to Melbourne and Brisbane. Glad two events are in Sydney.
icon_smile.gif

icon_cool.gif

Christian

Has AMF moved the Australian Open AWAY from Easter? Cause if not, I dont ever remember easter being anywhere near May, maybe its meant to be late March/early April?

Oh well, I cant be bothered looking at a calendar, but its pretty silly having two major tournaments so close together

Easter is 29th March (Good Friday) through to Easter Monday being 1st April.

I thought at SPC they announced Aust Open would be during Easter as usual???
icon_confused.gif

I am sure Australian Open is at Easter. Which is the dates of March 29-April 1. That means all Super 6 are far enough apart as can be.

AMF has an error on their site, yes Jo the AO is on the 29,30 of March and 1st of April. I just copied the info, whoops!!!!!

G
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif

hey George

There is 31 days in March - so therefore it would be 29th 30th and 31st of March for the Australian Open.

I think that is correct.
icon_biggrin.gif

well that all depends if the tournament is being run on Friday Saturday Sunday or the Saturday Sunday Monday doesnt it ....

My birthday is on the Monday so Sunday night will be party time methinks
icon_smile.gif

George

Super 6 tourns
We are quietly spewing about the loss of the Canberra Super 6 spot. There were no double point, no gimmick to get bowlers in and we still had a 100 odd bowlers.
The condition was fine even if it was a high scoring weekend.
I'd like to know why its been swapped?

Canberra Open has always been a great tournament hopefully it will remain part of the NSW Grand Prix series
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

Back
Top Bottom