State champs late entry, Rachuig - the story...

Your right, maybe I have been a little harsh, I will not attack anyone personally.

I know Lyn, Bob and some others genuinely are nice people, however I am a strong believer in communication and things should be done the right way. Past people have been too blunt and too personnel in making decisions and especially too black and white when it comes to decision making.

It still comes back to who you are and not your ability or performance.

I'm getting too old for this, there will be a day when I'll cease comments and all can rejoice.

Cheers

Tony

i dont know why ur complaining , if u want 2 know what happened why not contact tenpinSA via email and ask them, they will not reply on a forum like this . if scot miles was so interested in bowling , the entry forms were out in feb. and if he was so interested in Rachuig then should it be up to him to make sure he gets the dates and everything right.
my personel opinion only .

Past people have been too blunt and too personnel in making decisions and especially too black and white when it comes to decision making.

I'm getting too old for this, there will be a day when I'll cease comments and all can rejoice.

My two cents worth - there is no other option in this state but to be BLACK AND WHITE, take a look at this situation, some flexibility was aforded (or what ever you want to call it) and it's turned into 3 pages of posts on the forum hence why it can't be any other way than Black and White.

Tony, no better time than the present to cease comments so we can all rejoice! :p

i dont know why ur complaining , if u want 2 know what happened why not contact tenpinSA via email and ask them, they will not reply on a forum like this . if scot miles was so interested in bowling , the entry forms were out in feb. and if he was so interested in Rachuig then should it be up to him to make sure he gets the dates and everything right.
my personel opinion only .

Gee, look at the post below your own. This person posted regularly while State Manager.
With the amount of people that use this site Im sure there could be a lot more constructive infromation passed on to the bowlers than has been in the past.

My two cents worth - there is no other option in this state but to be BLACK AND WHITE, take a look at this situation, some flexibility was aforded (or what ever you want to call it) and it's turned into 3 pages of posts on the forum hence why it can't be any other way than Black and White.
Tony, no better time than the present to cease comments so we can all rejoice! :p

Me thinks some people are colour blind.

Zulu & Jo.

As Rachuig trials have finished there seems little reason to keep stirring the pot in relation to this post.

Zulu, Have no comment for, out of your depth, and as for you Jo well some of us already have been rejoicing for awhile. It's hard to hold back isn't it jo. Like I said before good luck in your new career, didn't think much of your last one.

I agree with you robby some people are colour blind.

cheers

Tony

Jo,

You keep saying you have a new career. Do us all a favour, concerntrate on that.
Tenpin bowling in general in S.A. is the big winner & can only benefit & move forward with your retirement.
Hopefuully you will have more success at that. Unfortunately you wont be able to walk away from this one if it gets to hard & you get out of your depth. You actually have responibility now.

:eek:fftopic2:

Come on Guys…I know none of you are each others Christmas Card lists or plan on having a BBQ together, but this is all becoming very Tonx /George like and that’s very boring…

I don’t want to have to close threads nor remove them but when you guys keep getting personal you leave me no choice…Lets leave the topic as the weekend has passed or take it back to the topic at hand…
:please:

No problems jase, will do, unfortuneatly some of us get bored with reading about either george or belmo. It seems thats all there is these days, and no offence to them, they both great bowlers.

cheers

Tony

P.S. some people like boring, only you would know this by the amount of hits each posts would have.

sorry everyone for keeping this thread going, i dont know who you are ZULU61 and to be honest i dont give a rats arse. i thought i made it perfectly clear in my 2nd paragraph why i didn't know state champs were on. i also took full responsibility and excepted TBASA's decision. UNTIL i found out that what they were saying to me was not what was actually being said to other people and by other people. it was at that stage i decided to do something about it and with the advice from some people i did. NOW, JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS. AT NO STAGE IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS DID I EVEN CONSIDER ROLLING OFF TO BOWL RACHUIG, AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME I AM NOT CURRENTLY WORKING AND I KNEW THAT I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO MAKE THE TEAM. I ROLLED OFF JUST ON PRINCIPAL. I DID HOWEVER WANT TO MAKE THE TEAM SO THAT I COULD TELL THEM TO SHOVE IT!!! unfortunately i bowled like crap and it didn't come to that. anyway i'm over it now... 1 last thing though i would like to say thank you to the people that offeded advice and their support. THANK YOU...

Just remember that whoever is doing the job as State Manager is doing it in their own time and for no remuneration. And they say women can be bitches, well let me say this and this will be my last post here because I am over all you guys. I remember how it was before Jo and then Lyn took hold of the reins and again I am not knocking Jan and the people she had on board, they did the best job they knew how to do, but pleeeeeze be realistic. Until the State is willing to pay someone to do the job, then you cannot expect anyone to make it their first priority. They do what they do because they are dedicated to the sport, and again I challenge you, if you can do better then do so.

Construtive criticism is great, makes for a better all round result, but negativity by you blokes is a little bit - well discriminatory towards the women who are trying to do their best for our sport. Please remember; to get a good result we all have to pull together, whether it be a member of a committe, just selling raffle tickets, or plain appreciating what people are trying to do. No-one is perfect, everyone is on a learning curve and will learn as each thing comes up, so please try not to be so negative to Lyn and the people who went before her, as all they are trying to do is make our sport fair in our State. I wish I could do more, but I can't due to personal reasons, but because of that I also can appreciate what those people who are doing stuff for nothing are doing, and that is, they are trying to do something they believe in. If you don't agree with what they say or are doing, don't bad mouth them to the world on here, maybe be there to help them - give them advice and constructive advice as many of you - Strop, Chin and others. I know are seasoned bowlers, go to Lyn and her team, tell them what you want, suggest things to the committees, don't make it an open forum on the www, would you do that to your employer???? I don't think so. You are all very good, in fact excellent bowlers who have been in the sport for years, who have represented our State and maybe our country (not sure on that one) and who our youngsters look up to, so don't put negative things on here, put positive things to encourage the up and coming bowlers of tomorrow to use you as their mentors, so don't make it bad, let's make it good so others may read the posts and see that they belong to a sport with positive people running it and positive people backing those who run it. No-one is perfect, but don't knock those who are trying. That's all I am saying.

I for one would never ever put my hand up to be State Manager, considering
all the negatives I read on these posts. I believe anyone who does put their hand up is a very brave person who is passionate about their sport, so well done Lyn, keep up the good work. You will get some of it wrong, but you are human as well. I believe that Jo made a start on a new reconstruction to the bowling in SA, and Lyn is carrying it on in a constructive manner. Even Politicians don't get it right all the time, so all of you who want to be Political in our bowling world, go ahead, but please put your money where your mouths are when it comes to criticising people who do a job for no monetary reward.

As I said, this is the last post I will be putting on here as I can't be bothered even reading a lot of the negative stuff people post. Enjoy your bowling. Target.

Thank you for such a enlightened post Lyn, I think you really need to read some of the posts again.
How come it's always everyones last post on here because they cant stand reading the truth. I have always said the truth hurts. Most people sit around keeping there mouths shut because they don't want to rock the boat. Others like to say things out loud, like they did at Norwood roll off for Rachuig whining who the selectors are, only to have to explain themselves to the powers that are, and POSSIBLY be threatened to have there membership revoked. All fairy tales true or not, I don't really care for those games, but if I am ever confronted by those same people I would hesitate in expressing my opinion. They call it "freedom of speech". You may have heard of it. I have always said in many of my posts the people that do the jobs for nothing should get paid and I have said I would gladly increase my membership to cover there costs PROVIDING the job is done by the right people and done right. They deserve it.
Even though this forum is a open forum, the whole point is to get information positive or not back to the community something which is not always done mind you. Most of the comments for this state is done is the South Australian section of total bowling. Thats the whole idea isn't it. The fact anyone can read it well, we dont have anything to hide, do we.
You have been around to see thing's , well so have most of us , and some were involved in a big way when some of the ones around today we just kids or people that were just never around then.
You said.....
Strop, Chin and others. I know are seasoned bowlers, go to Lyn and her team, tell them what you want, suggest things to the committees, don't make it an open forum on the www, would you do that to your employer???? I don't think so.
Tell what you want? If they are new at it, then shouldn't they be asking for a little help themselves? Most people in new positions get trained or a little guidance, is this the case, or are they relying on instinct.
As paying membership customers wouldn't it be nice on the TBASA site to see a little info on who the committee is and a brief info on there Background.???
I am quite happy for anyone to get on here and say Tony you are just wrong in what you say, But I see is just people say dont be negative or stop bitching. Fine no problem, I too can sit back and say nothing and be blind and get on here and give everyone a pat on the back for doing such a good job.
Well which is it?
The truth or the b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t.
The fact is lyn even if i did offer any help, they just would listen anyway because it's just me. I think they would rather work there way around the room with the lights off.
I will tell you now about being personnel was never any intention of that only the position they held. Lyn and Bob from the few words we have spoken are very nice people, they even have a son that shows a lot of promise, as far as Jo goes well I think theres too much history with us to be any different than what it seems. we all have our nice moments and our dark moments , but unfortunately i have seen her in a different light, namely queensland rachuig dinner, a story I wont go into. We all have our done sides even me I have plenty. However my passion for the game not only as a bowler but a tournament organiser for many years still exists and always will because I learn't from the best there ever was.
Anyway I have waffled enough.................
You take care, in what ever you do. Not sure where you fit into all this, Deveer or ???
Cheers
Tony

But I am not Lyn Tony, I am just a plain everyday bowler who happens to know a bit about past history, whether you think I am right or wrong, I have a right to say my piece, lets forget bad mouthing people aye and just do what is best for everyone. Subject closed now and definitely the last post here. As for Qld Rachuig, that was years and years ago, so you obviously hold grudges for many years. Nuff said, don't even want to go there to be honest, have a good night and bowl well in whatever you bowl in because in spite of everything Tony, you are a very good bowsler and SA needs you. I tghinkn you are a good men tor for the uo and coming kids, but you have to show them you are positive, yes find fault if you have to, but also look for the good points in people. Are you perfect???? I don't think so, well no-one else is either.

yes I know I should read my posts before posting them, could be deceiving.

Strop Wrote..
but if I am ever confronted by those same people I would hesitate in expressing my opinion.

Should have been "WOULDN'T" hesitate instead of would hesitate.

Thanks to those who pointed it out to me. Am old you know.

cheers

Tony

Strop, Chin and others. I know are seasoned bowlers, go to Lyn and her team, tell them what you want, suggest things to the committees, don't make it an open forum on the www, would you do that to your employer???? I don't think so. You are all very good, in fact excellent bowlers who have been in the sport for years, who have represented our State and maybe our country (not sure on that one) and who our youngsters look up to, so don't put negative things on here, put positive things to encourage the up and coming bowlers of tomorrow to use you as their mentors, so don't make it bad, let's make it good so others may read the posts and see that they belong to a sport with positive people running it and positive people backing those who run it. No-one is perfect, but don't knock those who are trying. That's all I am saying.

Yes Lyn I agree. Now we have some new blood at the helm this might be possible. In the past before Lyn the people in the positions of power were on there own little power trip.
As Tony said these people can always ask for help. It's a 2 way street. Only they know if there struggling.

Hi everyone, couldn,t resist commenting on this as I have been on this board when it first changed over, and yes those at the higher positions where on power trips, and didn't want to hear from the bowlers how to make things better, or anything else for that matter. I hope the new board can make a difference in the future and as I know Lyn and Bob I think they can make a difference, but listen to the bowlers it might mean the survival of the sport in S.A.

And just for the record, I thought (almost) everything I said was constructive!

And like a lot of bowlers in SA, I think with Lyn at the helm, we could be heading in the right direction as a state.

Back
Top Bottom