Sport Bowling TRAINING WEEKEND

STEROID

The sport bowling league (see Sport Bowling Coming to Mentone in this post for more information about sport bowling) run at Mentone Bowl was a success with a total of 24 bowlers participating. The averages for the league ranged from 144-201, with the overall league average being 168. It was a difficult and challenging 20 weeks and we are planning on running the sport bowling league again at the start of next year. Stay tuned for updates on that league later in the year.

In light of the discussions about oil patterns, prospective bowling tournaments in 2006, and the successful completion of the sport bowling league, I (Chris Mesagno) am seeking expressions of interest in a SPORT BOWLING TRAINING WEEKEND. Here are the details:

When would the sport bowling weekend be? Summer (January or February) 2006 (weekend(s) will be decided later)
Where will it be held? Mentone Bowl (in Mentone)
Who could (should) attend? Any competitive bowlers that plan on bowling in tournaments anytime during 2006.
How much? The weekend will cost $100-$150 per person (lunch may be provided for both days)
How many people can participate per weekend? A maximum of 15-20 people per weekend. My goal is to make it as personal and one-on-one as possible. If there is enough interest, I hope to make 1 weekend for youth/junior and 1 weekend for adults and seniors (can’t forget them).
What will I get for participating?
An intense training bowling weekend (7-8 hours of on and off lane training per day)

20 games of bowling on at least 4 different sport bowling oil patterns (USBC approved)

One on-lane individual video taped session per person (you can keep your video tape)

Sport psychology (mental skills) training
o Concentration skills
o Anxiety management
o Goal setting
o Taking responsibility
o Dealing with adversity

Reading oil patterns training and handout (for you to keep)

Assessment of your personal training techniques and training about how to practice successfully

Possibly a guest speaker (an international competitive bowler who has bowled on numerous sport bowling oil patterns)

Overnight accommodation will NOT be included and is at the expense of the participant.

If you would be interested, please post your name and age here, or names and ages of other people that might be interested (if they can’t do it themselves). If there is enough interest, I will organise this and post another message about specific details regarding the weekend(s) in about 1 month.

Alternatively, you may contact me on [email protected] if you are interested and would like to ask questions. Feel free to post messages about suggestions on what should or could be included for the weekend!
If you have any questions or comments, post them or email me personally and I will get back to you as quickly as possibly.

Chris Mesagno

With all the high scores posted on this website, has bowling gotten too easy? I can almost assure you that if you participate in sport bowling, you will gain respect for the complex and challenging sport we all love so much!

Chris will be completing his Ph.D. in Sport and Exercise Psychology this year. He is a competitive bowler of 20 years, has participated on the University of Florida (U.F.; U.S.A.) collegiate bowling team, was assistant coach of the U.F. bowling team, and is a U.S.A. Bowling Bronze Level Certified Coach. He was also a member of the 2003 and 2004 Victorian State Rachuig Team.

sounds great chris. put me down. i would be very interested in coming over to check this out

jason griggs

Hey Chris
I would be very interested and would love to do this - and getting advice and training as I want to better myself - I have been bowling for a little while and i think I would benefit from some "coaching".

Speak to you soon,
Chantal Grigsby

for got to mention to chris i have some one else from my home centre coming with me. chris oshea. could you please put us two down as interested and wanting to attend

jason griggs

Hey Chris
You already have our email ,thought i better respond on here as well ,Jo and i are interested in this weekend ,
Regards
Scott and Jo Law :D

Back
Top Bottom