Sport Series Clinic/ Workshop

STEROID

Hi all,

In light of the Sport Series Tournaments, I am seeking expressions of interest about upcoming SPORT SERIES CLINICS/ WORKSHOPS.

Here are the details:

When is the clinic? Saturday, August 25, 2007 (day before the sport series tournament)
Where is the clinic? Altona Bowl (site of the sport series tournament)
How long (duration) is the clinic? 6-8 hours of on and off lane training (intensive training day)
What is the cost? $70 per person (Sport psychology experts charge at least $150 PER HOUR for this type of workshop, which is a savings of at least $50 per person)
How many people can participate? 15-20 people per clinic (making it as personal as possible).
What will be included in the clinic?

Up to 8 games practice on the PBA Shark pattern (oil pattern used on August 26)
An individual on-lane video taped session (possibly; depend on time and structure of clinic)
Bowling psychology (and technique) training, that include topics such as:

Paint the picture: Reading the oil pattern and adjusting to it (handout for you to keep)
“I didn’t get robbed?” Using the pins as your friend (handout for you to keep)
Good match-up: Scoring effectively in tournaments with good ball selection
Patience is a virtue: Maintaining composure when sport patterns are frustrating
Equipment surface is everything (or at least 70% of ball reaction): Ball surface adjustments to combat sport series oil patterns

Again, this is a preliminary outlook of what will be covered and at this stage, I want to know who would be interested in attending this clinic before I start organising it. If enough interest, I'll provide a flyer next week.

It will take some organising and preparation, so it would require a $40 deposit for those that attend. I can guarantee that those that attend this clinic would have an advantage over those that don't attend, so it would definitely be beneficial.

Also, if you are interested in any mentals skills topics (e.g., concentration, anxiety management, etc) that you would like to learn more about, please let me know that as well. Feel free to contact me on [email protected] also

Cheers,

Dr. Chris

Hi Dr. Chris,

I'm definitely interested.

Sounds like a good opportunity, and great value!

Cheers,

Shane.

Hi all,
Also, if you are interested in any mentals skills topics (e.g., concentration, anxiety management, etc) that you would like to learn more about, please let me know that as well. Feel free to contact me on [email protected] also
Cheers,
Dr. Chris

G'day Dr Chris,

This is a fantastic idea - have you thought of online vignettes with printable handouts on here? Using PayPal to pay to have your video sessions and handout?
Your probably too busy.... just a thought.
I put this forward as I live 3 hours from Melb and its hard to get down that way.

PS - It was great watching you bowl at Emerson too!

Hi everyone,

I have organised a flyer for this clinic, you can find it in the Victorian forum of the totalbowling website.

Hope to share my knowlegde and expertise with you. If not, I look forward to meeting you at the sport series tournament.

Dr. Chris

Hi Everyone,

I have provided a more specific agenda for the Sport Series Clinic in the Victoria forum of the totalbowling website.

Hope to see you at the workshop or sport series tournament.

Dr. Chris

Hi everyone,

Only 2 weeks left to get your deposits in for this very educational event! I've started planning for it already and look forward to sharing my knowledge with you!

For those that are contemplating about this event, feel free to email me directly and I'll answer any questions you may have!

Cheers,

Dr. Chris

Back
Top Bottom