Sport Clinic Feedback

What stopped you from attending Dr. Chris Mesagno’s Sport Series Workshop?

• Cost was too high

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not want to send in a deposit

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • This agenda will not help me or give me a competitive advantage

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Other (please provide comments in post)

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

STEROID

Hi Everyone,

As most of you know, the Sport Series Workshop/Clinic was cancelled last Saturday (lack of deposits sent). The details of Saturday’s clinic were as follows:

August 25, 2007 (check-in at 8:30am; start promptly at 9am) at Oz Tenpin Altona (216-230 Blackshaws Road, Altona North 3025 Victoria)

6-8 hours of on and off lane training (intensive training day) with 15-20 people per clinic (making it as personal as possible).

Cost: $70 per person (Sport psychology experts charge at least $150 PER HOUR for this bowling specific expertise, A SAVINGS OF AT LEAST $50 PER PERSON)

Agenda
9am – 11am
Paint the picture: Reading the oil pattern and adjustments
(2 games of bowling)
11am – 11:30am
“I didn’t get robbed?” Using the pins as your friend
(1 game of bowling and discussion)
11:30am – 12:30pm
Patience is a virtue: Maintaining composure when sport patterns are frustrating (2 games bowling and discussions)
12:30pm – 1pm
Lunch
1pm – 3pm
Good match-up: Scoring effectively with good ball selection and reaction
(This will include a session about understanding your individual equipment and ball roll)
Equipment surface is everything (or at least 70% of reaction): Ball surface adjustments to combat sport series oil patterns. (2 games of bowling and discussion)
(This session will also include one-on-one sessions to optimise equipment surface preparation)
3pm – 3:30pm
Question and Answer
3:30pm – 5pm
Flexible timeslot in which individual coaching or bowling psychology can be discussed

I am passionate about the sport of bowling and would like to share my knowledge with you and I am keen to develop the Sport Series Clinics around your needs. Thus, I am asking the question… What stopped you from attending Dr. Chris Mesagno’s Sport Series Workshop? If your answer is not in the poll above, please provide any reason (or reasons) that you did not attend the workshop.

This evaluation of the Sport Series Clinic will provide me valuable information in the hope that I can develop the next Clinic around and for you (the athlete/ bowler), giving you an extra advantage over your competition and a way to conquer these difficult oil patterns. When replying to this message, posting an anonymous message is encouraged so you can say anything you want.

If you do not want to post a message on this forum but would like to respond, please print off this message and send your response ANONYMOUSLY to the following address:
C/ O Chris Mesagno
Mentone Tenpin Bowl
Corner of Warrigal Road & Nepean Highway
Mentone, Victoria 3195

All responses are welcomed and anonymity will allow you to express your view without worrying about what anyone may think of your comments. I would also encourage you to provide suggestions about what you would need to see added (or excluded) to attend Dr. Chris’ Sport Series Clinics.

In the words of Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire, “Help me, Help you!!!”

I’ll be periodically checking (and possibly responding) to comments on this post, so I can answer any questions that people may have about the clinics.

Thanks so much for your feedback.
Dr. Chris

It sounds like a good clinic and I would have been interested had I not just moved out of Melbourne and started a new job and also just returning from Europe in the midst of all that. When I am settled down I would be very interested in such a clinic and also further participating in future sports series events. I think it is something I could definately learn from.

hi cris how is your famaly going as for your question on sports clinics i don't think ther is much u can change maybe include more on dynamics of the bowling ball drill pattens reactions rg deferrals flair and possibly concentrate on up and coming Juniors

G'day Chris,
Sorry I couldn't go as I was rostered between my two night shifts.
Regards

Hi everyone,

Thanks to those that voted and provided comments. It is much appreciated and I'll take these comments into consideration.

After just over a weeks time (and many people viewing this post), it is interesting to see that there has been only 14 votes and some valuable responses and feedback to this initiative. I am concerned that less than 10% of the people that viewed the post voted on an ANONYMOUS poll. That is, the amount of people that voted would not have even been enough to conduct the sport bowling clinic. Thus, if I can't even get enough bowlers interested in submitting a FREE, ANONYMOUS vote for this feedback, is there enough interest to actually pursue conducting these workshops in Australia? Please feel free to respond!

I am passionate about bowling and sharing my knowledge with bowlers, but if the passion is not mutual from Australian bowlers, then I'll provide this information personally to athletes that I work with.

Again, please take this as an opportunity to provide an FREE, ANONYMOUS vote (at least) or post a reply to these comments.

Dr. Chris

Hi Chris,

Instead of making it sport series based, would it be too difficult to aim it towards league or tournament conditions. (Not sure on the patterns of tournaments any more.) With the information that you would provide, bowlers could adapt this information to suit varying lane conditions. In the poll, I voted other as i paid the deposit thought it was cancelled. Hopefully you get enough numbers to run a class in the future.

Mick

G'day Dr. Chris
I'm out in the sticks and with my job I am away from home to much anyway, but if I get some time I would love to learn more!!

Sampson (aka Jason King)

Yeah I have to agree with mickyd213

The way the clinic was advertised (in my opinion) was for the bowlers
that where going to bowl in the VSS the next day

Because the VSS this time around was a scratch event (no handicap) most
(if not all) of the entrance would have a high average and I assume feel the clinic would be of no use.

I believe if the VSS had a handicap grade or you advertised it as just a clinic (not a VSS clinic) you may have had more interest

Just my 2 cents worth

Back
Top Bottom