• Yes

Votes: 91 85.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters

Jase

Admin
Staff member
We are just getting feed back for now, on running an online Fax League.

You have all week to bowl your scores, whether you bowl them in league or outside of league a (pre-bowl).
In the event of needing a sub that week your scores will be a blind
You can only nominate 1 league.
All scores must be faxed no later than 10 am Saturday.
Any scores must be a print out from your centre and signed. Score corrections will not be accepted unless signed by a league representative.
Results will go up on the site every Sunday or Monday.
We can run a handicap and a scratch division.
The winner in each division will receive a $100 gift voucher. (TBA)
The league will run for ___ weeks (depends how many bowlers we get in each division)

Please give a reason for your vote either in favour or against.

Please let me know if this is something you may be interested in and also because some centers are higher scoring than others could I also get some feed back on the handicap system you may like to run it under.

Jase

would be great to see the compition form every state if people go in it goo reward aswell.

Common this would be fun.
Chris

KnuckleHead said:
would be great to see the compition form every state if people go in it goo reward aswell.
Common this would be fun.
Chris
Just wondering how you ever came up the name "knucklehead"? LOL:lol:

Great work Jase ...

Has been a lot of talk about it ... nice to see someone doing something about it.... I'm in.

100% of 220 ??

Do you need a start spanner well i can handle that hehe what does everyone think of a set handicap so like maximum of 50 or something just a susgestion.
Chris

100% of 200 ......max. hcp for men of 45 and max. hcp for women of 55 .....bowlers over 200 ave. will be on minus hcp....... ?????????????

Fun idea for a change !!!!! Let us ENJOY !!

FLOWER

...and I suppose you want 1 pin for every year over 50 as well Flower?!?! ;-)

KnuckleHead said:
Do you need a start spanner well i can handle that hehe what does everyone think of a set handicap so like maximum of 50 or something just a susgestion.
Chris

I dont need the start, thanks Knucklehead, I'm just thinking of others.

Will 50 be enough for you?

count me in

handicaps i think should cap at 50

100% of 200 sounds good

any chance of getting a prize for the high game or a 300 (if thrown)?

matt

if you are going to use a handicap system (I'm not really a fan, but someitmes it's nessesary) I tend to prefer 80% of 200.

I've gotta say though that I'm not a fan of 200+ ave bowlers having a negative handicap.

I like the idea of an online league.

90% of 220, maximum handicap should be 70 or 80, as not all bowlers on this forum have 180+ average.

I think there should be 7 leagues though, one for each day of the week, and you can enter as many leagues as days of the week that you bowl, also allows for results to appear sooner than if you run scores from the whole week.

Vaughnn

Hell yeah I'm in like flinn. Let me know when we are starting. Hey spanner you told me that a "PHANTOM LEAGUE" (which this sounds like) is not a real league. Changed your mind hey mate.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jase said:
....You can only nominate 1 league....

Question: Since only one league can be nominated, what will happen if the nominated league's season ends during the competition? some leagues have a week in between seasons where no bowling is done.

Also i think a 90% handicap system is a fairer system, 80% is too much towards high averages and 100% is the other way. Since it would be handicap is a maximum handicap necessary?

Hi all you can count me in.. The H/CP should be 90% of 200. I don't think bowlers with averages over 200 should be penalised the HCP system will leave them on scratch...
Graham Smith

Dunno about a max handicap as scuffers like me would always be at the bottom of the table. (Mine is currently 66 I think). Wouldn't it be better to use h/caps from the current league bowled in?

Alternatively is it viable to work out h/caps based on 300 instead of 200 thereby not penalising those who shoot over 200.

Also, how many games per week are we suggesting be submitted? My league only bowl two games per week whereas most leagues are three.

Yes Kyles - 1 pin for each year over 50 yrs. plus 8 pins for being female !!!!!

Back to handicaps - with some high scoring centres, many bowlers are in the 230's aves.....these bowlers get a big advantage if the cut off point is 200 - 30 pins advantage !! and this is an opportunity for the lower average bowlers also to be involved in a league with the BIG BOYS - without the tension of bowling physically against them......great advertising for the game !!!! and by attracting bowlers to look at the league results, may lead to them looking up tournaments etc. on the forum.....

Flower

Im in Jase, handicaps should be based on 100% of 200, with all bowlers over 200 competing in the scratch league.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom