On line League?

On line League

• Yes

Votes: 91 85.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters
Sounds like a good idea Jase. I have one query about averages though. Do you start with a verified yearbook average and then keep that average for the whole season.... or does your average go up and down according to your scores -- like a normal league?

I would also prefer 80 or 90% or 200 as h/cap base

Jase said:
You have all week to bowl your scores, whether you bowl them in league or outside of league a (pre-bowl).

Pardon my ignorance with the rules, but does this mean that if, for example, you bowl in three leagues per week, you are able to nominate the best of the three league scores and fax them in at the end of the week? This would seem unfair.

FLOWER said:
100% of 200 ......max. hcp for men of 45 and max. hcp for women of 55 .....bowlers over 200 ave. will be on minus hcp....... ?????????????
Fun idea for a change !!!!! Let us ENJOY !!
FLOWER

No Minus handicaps - they can kill you !!! :)

Mac Attack said:
...but does this mean that if, for example, you bowl in three leagues per week, you are able to nominate the best of the three league scores and fax them in at the end of the week? This would seem unfair.
You have to nominate one league and stick with it. Presumably those who bowl in more than one have the choice in the first week as to which one to submit.

Mac Attack said:
Jase said:
You have all week to bowl your scores, whether you bowl them in league or outside of league a (pre-bowl).
Pardon my ignorance with the rules, but does this mean that if, for example, you bowl in three leagues per week, you are able to nominate the best of the three league scores and fax them in at the end of the week? This would seem unfair.

No Mac Attack

Just what it means is that the league will run all week long. You have to nominate what league it is you want to use and verify the scores from that night every week. We may run two separate sections as Tonx suggested but i am looking at all options at the moment. Should have some idea by the end of the week.

Please keep the ideas and suggestions flowing in.

tonx said:
Im in Jase, handicaps should be based on 100% of 200, with all bowlers over 200 competing in the scratch league.
Cheers!

Yes Have 2 Leagues for the scratch bowlers or the people that want to bowl scratch and for the people that have handicap can bowl in the there on grade but yes good idea tonx of having 2 leagues Scratch and then Handicap.
Chris

KnuckleHead said:
Yes good idea tonx of having 2 leagues Scratch and then Handicap.
Chris

Yes, great idea Tonx
Tonx said he is comming up with a prize for the second league hey mate.:D :D :D :D

ummmmmmmmm
I may have an old rubber ball sitting around somewhere..... HAHAHA! How about a 20 year old used maxim?:D

I've helped with these sort of things before on other sites, and will do my best to make this one kick ass, but im poor, and like spending my money on alcohol.... mmmm alcohol.

Maybe one of the online proshops might be interested in putting something up?:cool:

As a suggestion for handicap, take the highest average at the start of the season, take it up to the nearest 10, and make whatever percentage of that number. For example, let's say that the highest average for the league is 221,then the handicap system would be some percentage of 230, say 90% or whatever you want the percentage to be.

My two bits worth.

Chris G.

Count me in on this 1 it sounds rather interesting. Nice to see someone is trying to think up new ways of keeping bowling interesting.

Or when a league does not bowl in a given week because of a public holiday (on a Monday for example)

That is why this looks simple, but can be complicated.

To solve the handicap problem it could be run as a scratch graded competition. Two, maybe 3 divisions with promotion/relegation.

how much would it cost???
is the comp through out Australia or jus QLD???

thanks
FoRt MiNoR
richlands pro shop

Back
Top Bottom