Fax / Online League

Cam S

BEEEEEEEEEAVER
Only been on the forum for a little while but i had a bit of an idea this arvo that might be worth of some thought and some fun.

How about a Total Bowling League Online,

Most of us would practise or bowl atleast 3 games out of league a week maybe.

We could elect a league sec and we bowl our three games get our centre to print the scores and sign that the scores are true and by the bowler and we fax it thru to the league sec with the results and ladder being updated weekly.

What does everyone think could it work or is it a bad idea?

well its surely different! sounds good, i'd do it, but what if you have coaching more then once a week, and in 2 different centres? would it still work the same.

bitchy lil brunette said:
well its surely different! sounds good, i'd do it, but what if you have coaching more then once a week, and in 2 different centres? would it still work the same.

i guess we would have to think out the rules

Maybe we could nominate a centre we would bowl our online league games and to allow for people going on hols or other circumstances we could allow a bowler to bowl to rounds per season in a centre other than the one they nominated.

I once found a website which did this (in America I think) and called it a Fantasy League.

I also had hoped one to set up a web site, which also allowed leagues all over to upload scores, and keep their records/results online.

It's a big job, with lots of complications, but "ONE DAY"!!!

If you would like it to go online, let me know.....

Sounds like something a little different,it would have to be totally legit,but if it goes ahead, let me know , i might throw in a little sponsership deal.

Cheers

Peter Biggs
The 11th Frame

Sounds good i know 2 of my league that i bowl we can check scores any time we want i'll ask him he might do it but i would love to bowl in it who ever runs it and that but thats if it gets approved....
Chris

Sounds very innovative...what fun to play league against people from all over Aus! Then again....only downside you'd all see the odd crap I usually keep secret lol!

Sounds interesting enough! It's something different, I like it.
Be interested to hear more details on it if it sounds like it could be a goer.

its awesome

that so many people are interested

I guess now we need to work out how is going to work.

Do we cound league games or not?

and any other questions and ideas on how it should work?

How about a trial league?? Running from Mon 24th October for 8 weeks.

Handicap 90% of 220?? (this should be dependant the average of the top end bowlers)

Is it going to be a teams event??
Head to head points??
What is the point scoring system???
Is it actually going to be handicapped???
If there is enough interest, maybe there will be multiple leagues running, perhaps each league will be on a specific day, so all results are in almost simultaneously!!! (ie, One league would be Monday, results posted once all scores are in)

The scores being submitted by each bowler must be under the same conditions each week - ie same day, same league.
I believe that bowlers who participate can submit their own scores, as long as they provide the details, of the league, centre, and they have submitted contact details of the centre, and their league secretary (or other league official), and that they are aware that spot checks will be regularly carried out. Trust should be afforded to all the bowlers, until they prove they can't be trusted.

I had hoped that 2006 would allow me the time to put together a multi-league website, something where league secretaries (or bowling centres) could upload results from the leagues. Each league could have there own small area for having news, etc about their league.
A lot of work which is why it is no where yet.

My thoughts - anyway.....

Vaughnn said:
How about a trial league?? Running from Mon 24th October for 8 weeks.
Handicap 90% of 220?? (this should be dependant the average of the top end bowlers)
Is it going to be a teams event??
Head to head points??
What is the point scoring system???
Is it actually going to be handicapped???
If there is enough interest, maybe there will be multiple leagues running, perhaps each league will be on a specific day, so all results are in almost simultaneously!!! (ie, One league would be Monday, results posted once all scores are in)
The scores being submitted by each bowler must be under the same conditions each week - ie same day, same league.
I believe that bowlers who participate can submit their own scores, as long as they provide the details, of the league, centre, and they have submitted contact details of the centre, and their league secretary (or other league official), and that they are aware that spot checks will be regularly carried out. Trust should be afforded to all the bowlers, until they prove they can't be trusted.
I had hoped that 2006 would allow me the time to put together a multi-league website, something where league secretaries (or bowling centres) could upload results from the leagues. Each league could have there own small area for having news, etc about their league.
A lot of work which is why it is no where yet.
My thoughts - anyway.....
awesome mate

you make some good points

One thing i would do to allow some flexabilty is the abilty to use an alternate league twice a season to allow for people who go away for tournaments or have work commitments.

What about a name for the league

i thought for this one the 8 week league

We could call it
The Total Bowling Lightning League

I think Singles for the trial then maybe doubles going forward?

Back
Top Bottom