No WA Rachuig Team 2013 - is this really in the best interests of the sport?

Guy D –

I was a bowler that nominated this year for the WA team. I also attended the state committee meeting when they decided not to send a team for 2013. Gutted YES :( , happy and supportive of WATBA :) YES.

WATBA committee asked me as a nominee how I felt about not sending a team.

I will be honest, I felt they shouldn’t and fully support WATBA decision.

The committee was very open and honest about their reasons for not sending a team and the people that attended the meeting know all the reasons why.

Unless you where there or you have been privileged to read the minutes, I don’t see why you should have such a strong opinion on the matter or why you would start a forum with this content.

“So I've heard that the TBA committee from WA have announced formally that WA will not send a Rachuig Team to this years event. I post not knowing if this is fact and to ask;
Fact or Fiction?
Best interests of the sport or Personal Agenda?”

I will say using the wording personal agenda is a red flag, that you’re stirring the pot.

The more people that stir, the more credibility the sport looses in the sporting word.

It’s sad to think you would even assume that it’s a personal agenda. In future get your facts right before posting complete trash talk like this again. It’s not in good faith or sportsmanship behavior.

There would have been a lot more professional and smarter channels to seek this information other than on a public forum. Maybe you could complete a State Based training module on Sports and Media. Just an idea!!

No matter how many people comment or point the fingers at others it’s not going to change the fact that there is no team representing WA in 2013.

WA can stand proud and say they are the 2012 Champions.

It's a sad state of affairs really, on many levels. That's all, just saying!

Hope the WA Men can defend their 2012 Racuig win given the chance to do so. That's one of the sad outcomes of the decision in reality.

Back
Top Bottom