team of the decade

nicola

in 1990 or 1991 a team of the decade was announed by the atbc. from memory the team was 10 men and 10 women who had achieved outstanding results during the 80's. is this a worthwhile award, and will the tba look at doing something similar for the achievers in the 90's? not sure what criteria would be used but it may include ratings finishes, rachuig tournaments, and overall consistencey?

I actually like that idea nic. It would be quite interesting to see who would make it in because a lot of bowlers that were successful in the early 90's have disappeared in the late 90's. And bowlers that have been successful in the late 90's werent around in the early 90's.

The ATBC Mens Team of the Decade
1980-1989
As written on the plaque.
F.Allsopp NSW K.Harding SA
T.Kury QLD R.Powell VIC
S.Prez SA. J.Sullivan VIC.
E.Thompson VIC

Perhaps a female can advise the 7 Ladies.

Well cannot agree more with what was said previously, Re: the 90's having players at the start of the ddecade disappearing and such great talent coming to the forefront near the end of the decade

I would love to see a team posted for the 90's decade.
My top 7 to play the 80's team would be

Ian Bradford
Andrew Frawley
Carl Bottomley
Michael Muir
Frank Ryan
Billy Gardiner
Brenton Davy (gotta have one Slimy Leftie in there)

Can't wait to see other peoples team choice
Would have been great to see them bowl eachother

GIDDY UP!!!!!!!

oh i can just imagine the bitching that would go on after the team waz announced.

i hope they annouce a team hehehehe

i cant remember who was in the ladies team but i know alice roser from sa was in it and i think it also included cheryl munson, ruth guerster, jeanette baker.

What about the womens team:
Cara Honeychurch
Amanda Bradley
Ann-Maree Putney
Maxine Nable
Sharon McLeish
Kelly Warren
Sue Cassel

And Here is a mens team:
Ian Bradford
Andrew Frawley
Carl Bottomley