BELMO WINS 2007 WORLD BOWLER OF THE YEAR AWARD

elsie

For immediate release - Tuesday, 1 January 2008

BELMONTE CAPS A STELLAR YEAR
WITH 2007 WBW WORLD BOWLER OF THE YEAR AWARD

Australia’s Jason Belmonte is 2007 WBW WORLD BOWLER OF THE YEAR !

His stunning achievements during the past 12 months have been recognised with the announcement of this pinnacle award by the sport’s media. The award is a further milestone for Belmonte who won this prestigious title three years ago when he became youngest ever – and first Australian male bowler -to receive this accolade.

Even before today’s announcement by Bowlers Journal International magazine, Belmonte had more than enough reasons to celebrate following a year of unprecedented success. Supported with product and sponsorship by renowned industry manufacturer, Storm Products, Inc., Belmonte burst out of tenpin’s Youth ranks in January to notch up an outstanding series of local and international titles and awards throughout 2007.

As top-ranked bowler in the sport’s Asian Zone for 2007 and champion of some of this year’s major international events including the High Roller tournament in Las Vegas, USA and the globally televised Matchroom World Masters in England, Belmonte’s award will come as no surprise to his legion of fans.

In addition to numerous national titles, an unequalled fourth win of the Orange “Sports Player of the Year” award and “Outstanding Achievements in Sport” perpetual trophy, Belmonte continued his dazzling form at the 2007 QubicaAMF Bowling World Cup in St Petersburg. After leading the field throughout five days of qualifying, including a perfect game and record-breaking 8-game series, he collected the Sportsmanship Award and also shared ‘Top Country Award” for Australia with female Bowling World Cup champion, Ann-Maree Putney.

A fairytale wedding in November and back-to-back wins of the Brunswick Australian Cup in Canberra in December were the culmination of a perfect year for 24 year-old Belmonte whose distinctive two-handed bowling style and charismatic personality have elevated him into the top echelon of the world’s amateur bowlers.

“I bowl for two reasons” he told reporters – “financial, of course, but I really want to win and at the end of the day money is easily spent but titles last forever – it means a lot to me and makes it all worthwhile…the travelling, the sacrifice….knowing that people are acknowledging and rewarding you with awards like this is just fantastic,” he added.

ends

For further information, please contact Lynne Clay on Mobile 0419 444 280 or via email [email protected]

Congratulations Belmo, what a way to cap off a great year for you!:D

Look out 2008!

I'm surprised I didn't see it on Channel 10! Belmo has had a phenomenal year.

Well deserved mate, a hearty congratulations. You continue to make us proud that we are Australians.

Congratulations Belmo!!!

Glad to see your hard work, effort and dedication has rewarded you well.
Keep up the form in 2008 :)

Well done
Brad and Rachel

Congrates Belmo!!
Your a Champion bowler and a champion bloke, well deserved!!
WELL DONE!!!

Great year Belmo, topped it off very nicely. Congrats again.

Congratulations on a great year Belmo...

Not surprising considering the year he has had. I wonder how he rates this against his first one, no doubt just as good. To win this award once is the mark of a world class bowler, but a second time and so young? Truly the mark of a ledgend of the game.

Once again, great stuff Belmo, keep them coming

its great to see that great bowling for the whole year its payed off... you deserved it belmo

Cheers Matt Hagley

Congratulation Belmo!! Well deserved.

So where too for the young aussie in 2008??

Cheers
Jason

Mate,what can I say.Well deserved, to a great guy and a fantastic bowler.Keep up the good work .
Lovey

Back
Top Bottom