Jason Belmonte Named WBW Bowler Of The Year

Graham

Staff member
Australia's Jason Belmonte was voted 2004 WBW Male Bowler of the Year by the association's board of directors.

21-year-old Json Belmonte, the renowned Aussie bowler with the unique two-handed action (pictured), had an outstanding year, including being the top seed for the finals of the 40th AMF Bowling World Cup in Singapore, eventually finishing in fifth place. Top tournament wins in 2004 included the South Pacific Classic, Melbourne Cup and Belmonte stood atop the podium in Guam to collect gold medals in singles and all events and silver in masters of the World Youth Championships.

Female winner of the award was Shannon Pluhowsky from the USA.

Story published courtesy of http://www.bowlingdigital.com

Just recognition for an amazing talent and genuine nice guy!
Well done Jase from all at BowlAustralia.

Sincerely,
Roy M.

congrats mate no one deserves it more than your you had a steller year and hope you can do as well this year congrats again and good luck in the SA cup.

Well Done Belmonte. I followed your year rather closely. What a great year!

Jason Belmonte WBW bowler of the year

Congratulations Jason

You make us all pround. Enjoy the accoulades you have worked so hard to get. I was impressed when I watched you in Sydney.

Best wishes
Gail Torrens

couldn't think of a more deserving person than jason belmonte, he, in my view, completely epitmises sportsmanship, on and off the lanes, that's where I was impressed especially with him being so approachable to talk to. nice to see the big guns haven't lost their humbleness.

Back
Top Bottom