Orange City's Senior SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Orange, New South Wales, Australia: The honour of the City's Senior SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR Award has been achieved once again by Orange tenpin bowler, Jason Belmonte. It is the third time the 23 year-old has been recognised with this prestigious Award that was announced yesterday in conjunction with the Australia Day celebrations held in Cook Park.

Participation in a busy round of national and international tournaments takes Belmonte away from Orange regularly but the young athlete is always keen to return to his family and friends, and the city he holds dear.

The Central Western Daily newspaper reported him as 'chuffed' with the Award - "If I could, I'd love to win it every year of my life," Belmonte is reported as saying yesterday. He thanked the officials of the Orange Tenpin Bowling Association for nominating him for the Award, noting that while the City of Orange is small in comparison to many cities around the world it produces many great athletes and is a wonderful place to live, and to be chosen for the Award was "very special".

Back
Top Bottom