Mr John Zoratti has sadly passed away

AngyC

'not so new no more'
It is with great sadness that we are letting you know that our ACT ATBSO team mate and member, John Zoratti passed away at 2.45am this morning at Calvary hospital. John was 78.

Our condolensces and thoughts go to his partner Ursula who is devasted at this time as she herself is not in the best of health and John was her carer.

The ACT ATBSO Committee has offered Ursula their support at this time, should she require any assistance with arrangements.

If you knew John, please take a minute to remember John and his commitment and passion to this sport.

Rest in peace John.

Andrew & Angy Campbell
ATBSO of ACT (Inc)

John was always a thorough gentleman on and off the lanes. He will be sadly missed.

Condolensces to His family and friends

John was always a thorough gentleman on and off the lanes. He will be sadly missed.

A truer word has never been spoken. He was one of the people who encouraged me when I first got into bowling.
My condolences to family and friends

Condolences to all of John's Family and Friends. John was a great man, bowler and mentor to so many people in this world and will be sadly missed.

I still remember going right back to when I first started bowling, John would always offer a lending hand or little piece of information from his many years in the bowling industry. The last time I saw John was only a few months ago while bowling in Brunswick Cup and even then he took the time to come over and help me because he could see I needed help.

RIP John Zoratti.

when i was starting out in rachuig john was was there always with a smile. always remembered, RIP mr zoratti
ash riley

Sad News, John was always willing to offer advice to the younger players he came into contact with via league etc and will be missed by all. Condolences to his family and close friends at this time.

When I first started John was always there in tournaments giving advice.Great guy who will be sadly missed.
Cheers Lovey

I first met John back in 1970 when I first started. He was always there with a word of advice, something he still did. John you will be missed. My sincerest sympathies to John's family at this time.

Cheers
Mike

An absolute gentleman with a remarkable smile. A person not afraid to tell the truth.

A person who put the sport before himself, long before the word "sport" was thought of for this game.

A silent icon. I am glad and honoured to have known him. R.I.P friend.

Geoff Bowness

The funeral service for John will be held at St Michaels Tyrrell Cirt Kaleen ACT ( which is off Maribyrnong Avenue ) this WEDNESDAY the 1st July at 11.30am.

Andrew Campbell
President ATBSO of the ACT

Valé John Zoratti. A good and generous man who was always willing to help. He was as kind to me in recent weeks as he was when I was in juniors.

I'll miss seeing him on Tuesday nights and around the traps. Not to mention his cheeky smile when he pulled off a lucky shot. (The wily old bugger knew how to wind me up!)

Jason Doust

John was one of the real gentlemen of the game and I feel honored to have known him. He gave me some advice many years ago which I still live by - don't have all your investments in one basket and don't trust Superannuation.
He will be sadly missed and my best to his family especially Ursula.

Such sad news.

We all have our favourite story of John. From his words of wisdom to his ability to make us all laugh.

I first met John as a 19yr old when I made my first ACT Rachuig Team. He brought the team together in our Mt Druitt hotel before the days first play and I remember the words as clear as they were said only yesterday...

"The scotch finger biscuits are mine - dont touch them"..!!!

RIP John, you are a huge loss to the both the sport of bowling but the bowling community not only in the ACT but across Australia.

Brett and Karen Smith

A True bowling gentleman - condolences to his family and members of ATBSO ACT. Will sadly be missed.

NSW ATBSO Committee and Members

Back
Top Bottom