Sad news

sunshine

I would like to inform everyone of the passing today of John Laver.
Over the years John has made considerable contributions to tenpin bowling and I am sure he will be sadly missed.
On behalf of the NSW Holt bowlers I would like to express our sincere condolances to his family at this very sad time.
Dallas Archer
Chairperson
NSW Holt

I am very sad to hear this news, everyone involved with the NSW team and many others new of Johns ailing health over the last year and even knowing this does not stop the shock of finding out this news.

He was a good man who had the best interests of bowling for restricted class bowlers always at the forefront of he's mind and he will be sadly missed, i just wish i had met john years ago to really understand what a great person he was, at time he was tough but he was always trying to get the best out of the bowlers that he was associated with and was always there to lend an ear if you wanted to talk.

Personally he along with Dallas were responcible for getting me on the draft last year in which i was picked up by the eventual winners Northern Territory and without therer help in this matter i would not have had that opportunity.

He spoke of he's beliefs in relation to bowling and at times was very demanding but this was he's way of trying to get the best out of me and everyone else around us.

I pass on my personal condolences to a great man for the darrell holt movement and before that walter deveer and i hope that i can in some small way continue he's legacy for the restricted bowler in Australia and NSW.

To he's family and friends my condolences go out to you at this time of grieving.

Michael Mclaren

May you rest in peace John, thanks for the memories.

I respect those who help others in many different ways. I didn't know John, but I have heard of all the hard work he's put in the sport, before and after his illness. That in itself is a legacy. John's work will not be forgotten, therefore his name shouldn't be forgotten either. From Walter der Veer to Darrell Holt, he's left his mark.

To John's family and friends, my condolences go to you in this very difficult time.

Rest in Peace John

Richard Palma

my condolences go out to john's family in this sad time.

john you will be sadly missed by all of the former walter de veer and now darryl holt bowlers of tasmania you were a great man and friend and will be sadly missed by all of us.

Condolences to John's family at this difficult time.
I had the oportunity to match wits with him in Tasmania in 2006 (DeVeer) as a team manager, in fact we swapped shirts that year.
Always had time for a bit of friendly banter even when our teams were fighting it out on the lanes.
A great loss to the bowling community

Condolences to John's family, our thoughts are with you at the sad time.
I first met John when he was a member of ATBSO West Australia. Every time we caught up at a tournament, we had a good old chat. He will be missed by all the bowling fraternity. Rest in Peace John. Bowl some good balls up there mate. Keep stricking.
Brenda and Dan Kirkwood.

My condolences to john's family as well
I first met john at the old parramatta bowl about 15 years ago in a doubles league on friday nights john was one of the toughtest people to play against and was always up to a challenge and when you played against him you new you were in for one tough match.
John was some you ethier like him or you didnt i was in between as i didnt always agree with what he said or did but on or off the lanes we had each others R E S P E C T and thats what bowlings all about. John Rest in peace and keep striking.

Darren Curby

Very Sad news

It is with great sadness that we hear of John's passing. John was an integral part of many tenpin bowling tournaments and will be sadly missed in this area. He was a close friend to the Deveer/Holt bowlers from all zones and will be sadly missed by all.

John always had time for a chat and put forward some great ideas. Few will know that some of these chats evolved into reality and now form part of some Tournament Rules. John will be recognised and remembered in perpetuity by the DeVeer/Holt Challenge bowlers.

On behalf of all DeVeer/Holt Challenge bowlers, officials and supporters, our sincere condolences and deepest heartfelt sympathies to the Laver family.

It is with great sadness that we learn of Johns passing. Having known John, like many others, through De Veer and the formation of Holt we became very good friends. Will miss the chats and emails.

To Marilyn and Johns family our sincere condolences.

Scully and Jools

To Marilyn and John's Family I wish you you my Deepest Condolances.

To a Fellow Shipmate as you Cross the Bar, I wish you a Fair Wind and a Following Sea. Run Silent, Run Deep.........

Michael House

I first met John through Sandors pro shop where we both resurfaced balls and learnt what bowling was all about, that was a good many years ago, the chubby little fellow seemed indestructable, with his signature voice and chuckle, but on anyocassion would try to help and do the best for people, when I met with him again at the ATBSO / holt challenge in Perth this year the personality and will remained unchanged although the body had not, this was John through and through, you knew where you stood whether right or wrong, as he stood for his beliefs, we will miss him for our own reasons.......my sincere condolances to Marilyn and family........Paul Terry

Back
Top Bottom