Goldpin Seniors Cup Jan 2007

E

edfleminglanes

Okay guys time to fire up for the oldies. For those who are not in the loop Goldpin Victoria will be holding the 1st "Goldpin Seniors Cup" last weekend Jan 2007 at Bendigo Bowl. This should be a great weekend and would be really interested what centres are bowling.

I would like to congratulate the Following team from EFL.

Ed Fleming Lanes
Ken Coomber
Neville Squire
Chris Niquet
Marg Newton
Sue Cade
Joe Tomasinski

We look forward to a great weekend of bowling at Bendigo. Hopefully those that are also bowling will let us know on this post. Dont let all the youngsters have all the fun.:rolleyes: :cool:

MENTONE SENIOR SHIELD TEAM
Greg Carter
Bruce Mitchell
Charlie Nagle
Gwen Arundell
Betty Carter
Noelene Davies

I'll be bowling for Bendigo (that is, if I can make it through qualifying)

Bendigo Bowl might have to sell tickets to see the old "has been" competing again.

Will be good to see you make the team:cool:
When are you guys having your roll offs:confused:
I am told that there will be 8 centres bowling against each other and playing 2 rounds, which would make it 14 games over the weekend.:cool:

8 centres -- do we know who the 8 will be?

Obviously Bendigo, Ed Fleming, Mentone --- who else?

(I know it has been spoken about in Colac but i don't actually know if there will be a team or not)

I was told today that there might actually be 10 still waiting to find out the other centres.
Also possible change of dates as the long weekend in Bendigo is booked out for a huge basketball event and no accomodation available at all.:cool:

ITS OFFICIAL WAYNE CHESTER IS BOWLING IN THE SENIOR CUP FOR BENDIGO. WELL DONE WAYNE YOU WILL BE IN THE BENDIGO TEAM AFTER TONIGHT'S GAMES.... YOU HAPPY NOW WAYNE????? LOL

Congratulations to the following bowlers who made the team after a good turn out for the trials. The team for Geelong Tenpin Bowl-A-Rama is as follows:

Geelong Tenpin Bowl-A-Rama

MEN:

Peter Carmichael
Alan Robinson
Ron Merchant

WOMEN:

Sue Jobling
Janette Carmichael
Helen O'Keefe

COACH:

David Carmichael

MANAGER:

Carol Hogan

Best of luck to the team going away to represent us in January 2007.

Our Shepp bowlers also had a roll off and congratulations go to the following bowlers for the first Goldpin Seniors Cup

Terry Rowe
Doug Neff
Eddie Petersen

Marilyn Behncke
Moya Dahlstrom
Pat Shields

Good luck to you all competing in Bendigo in January 2007.

Congratulations to the following bowlers who made the team after a good turn out for the trials. The team for Geelong Tenpin Bowl-A-Rama is as follows:
Geelong Tenpin Bowl-A-Rama
MEN:

Peter Carmichael
Alan Robinson
Ron Merchant
WOMEN:
Sue Jobling
Janette Carmichael
Helen O'Keefe
COACH:
David Carmichael
MANAGER:
Carol Hogan
Best of luck to the team going away to represent us in January 2007.
So - am i correct to assume that Geelong will have two teams represented in the Goldpin Seniors Cup??

Does anybody have any real facts as to this competition. The only entry form I have seen says 4 games a day for 2 days, lists eight teams as playing, at a cost of $70 (plus shirt) per bowler.

For interested bowlers, it would be great to know exactly what this competition is about, before nominating to play.

Can anybody help??

This is to be a mixed 4s competition with two men and two women bowling each game. Six bowlers to a team and each one will be required to bowl at least ½ of the total games that are to be bowled. May the best "TEAM" win!

My reason for bowling is twofold:

1) To represent Bendigo's Dragon City Lanes

2) To send all the other 'senior' men running back home wagging their tails between their legs in utter embarassment, shock and awe.
:p

Does anybody have any real facts as to this competition. The only entry form I have seen says 4 games a day for 2 days, lists eight teams as playing, at a cost of $70 (plus shirt) per bowler.
For interested bowlers, it would be great to know exactly what this competition is about, before nominating to play.
Can anybody help??

I have to pay money ???????
Nobody say anything to me about paying. :eek:

Mate you will need to pay double........seeing you are trying to scare all the oldies. It will be great bowling against you and hopefully everyone will enjoy this new comp on the Victorian Goldpin Calendar. By the way I heard that there maybe 12 teams playing now and could change the format again. There is a Goldpin Meeting this tHursday and would assume that Ray Hodge will have final details for all to see. Hopefully we can post everything on here so that we all have the same and correct info. But if anyone has any problems they should make contact with Ray at Melton Bowl.:cool:

I heard that there maybe 12 teams playing now and could change the format again. There is a Goldpin Meeting this tHursday and would assume that Ray Hodge will have final details for all to see. Hopefully we can post everything on here so that we all have the same and correct info.

Any news yet?
Competition is only 6 weeks away.

Back
Top Bottom