Goldpin Seniors Cup Jan 2007

Our Shepp bowlers also had a roll off and congratulations go to the following bowlers for the first Goldpin Seniors Cup
Terry Rowe
Doug Neff
Eddie Petersen
Marilyn Behncke
Moya Dahlstrom
Pat Shields
Good luck to you all competing in Bendigo in January 2007.

I've got the secret to beating Eddie Petersen..
Grab than stinkin' towel outa his back pocket and run like hell, straight to the nearest laundromat. LOL

No news at the moment, 2 centres were trying to finalise their teams, otherwise it will be back to 10 teams. I know Ray is finishing everything off for the competing centres.:cool:

:cry:

Another tourny I can't bowl in...........

Too young, too old, wrong sex, centre doesn't want to field a team, what's a girl to do!!!!!!

I need to find a sport where I am wanted :confused: :confused:

Liz

Colac Team

Merv Billing
Ian Poysor
Mark McCallum
Therese Billing
Gretchen Egan
Jean Connley

These are the teams bowling at Bendigo:
1.Melton
2.Werribee
3.Shepparton
4.Colac
5.Geelong
6.Mentone
7.Morwell
8.Ed Fleming Lanes
9.Bendigo
10.Geelong Bowlarama
11.Warrnambool
12.Bye

4 Metro Centres and 7 Country centres should be a good weekend for all.
Might as well give some odds on the potential winners.

Even Money: Colac always there abouts and have several bowlers with huge experience.
2/1: Shepparton another team with plenty of experience and will be fired up to add a Seniors cup to the other silverware collected over the last few years.
7/2: Geelong this team in the past has always set the standard and they will be hard to beat anytime.
4/1:Bendigo will be the danger team, home ground advantage and will be up for the challenge. This is the danger team and not to be taken too lightly.
6/1: Ed Fleming Lanes, this team could be the surprise packet,however they normally do not travel well.(time will tell) team will arrive early Friday for training session at local hotel.H,mm hope I can cope with the extra training session........
8/1: Mentone, will be the quite achievers and the team having the most fun.
8/1: Geelong Bowlarama, new team on the circuit and have no Idea what they will be like,althou knowing Carmichael he will have them fired up, would guess a lot would have bowled at Geelong so should be very eager to prove how good they are.Match 8 against Geelong will be worth watching.Maybe the whole comp should have a break and watch this fantastic match.Might have to break out the KEG for this one.
9/1:Warrnambool another team with lots of experience and could be the dark horse of the field.
10/1:Melton will give a few teams a run for their money, however don't believe that they have enough depth in their line up to take the Cup. No 1 bowler Ray Hodge did not travel too well at Werribee and Bendigo will not suit this former top Bowler.Great tactician and will have his line ups spot on.
12/1: Werribee not too sure who is bowling and hence have them at these huge odds.Not very often that Werribee is at such big odds. Will be very interested who their bowlers are???
15/1: Morwell another side who at this stage has not named a side. If the likes of Mills, Harrison are in the side then they will and should be at much shorter odds.

Look forward to seeing you all at Bendigo as I said Ed Fleming Lanes bowlers will be there on Friday night and would be great to meet other sides for a quick training session at the LOCAL.:cool:

Just received e-mail from Ray Hodge Tournament Director for Goldpin that Werribee will not be bowling and therefore draw will have to be rearranged for the weekend.
We will now bowl 2 rounds of nine matches. with Nine games bowled each day.And there will be no Positional round.

Check-in and Managers briefing will be 9.00am Saturday 20th Jan.
All Goldpin Centres have been notified and should be advising bowlers of the change in matches as well as starting time on Saturday.

Cheers
Joe:cool:

I thought this was supposed to be a leisurely 1 round over two days?

I see it is now 18 games -- when did that happen?

Gary, see Joe's post a week ago, Ray also sent emails to every centre involved. I know he had a querie back from Mark at your centre as well, so sounds like you got it. Cheers.

Thanks Adam,

I have not been in the bowl since before Christmas so did not know it had been changed.

I was not suggesting people had not been notified just wondered why/when it was changed. It is not a big deal and it does not effect me - but i am the curious type.

I know mate.

The draw was changed as the Werribee team pulled out. Dont know how the decision was made to make it 2x9, if it was solely Rays, or Ray, Terry and co.

Yeah -- good job Greg and company -- almost as good as being there.

Good old Merv -- 214 average over 16 games - LEGEND!

Thanks for the good wishes...

Special Thanks must go to David Farquharson for helping with this tournament..

OR should i say Wheelbarrow....

Greg Brooks

Congratulations to Shepparton on winning the first Goldpin Seniors Cup. They bowled well all weekend. There were a few of us trying to catch you, but we didn't quite make it.
Also, well done to Goldpin and Greg and staff at Bendigo Bowl on a really well run tournament. I didn't hear one negative comment over the weekend. Hope next year is as good!
Noelene

Congrats to Shep on a strong effort over the weekend. Also to our All Stars.
It was a great tournament and as Rowey stated during sheps' acceptance speech, it was really great to bowl with the ladies.
Congratulations must go to Ray H, Greg B, Wheelbarrow and staff for running a very successful inaugural Goldpin Seniors Cup.

Back
Top Bottom