Warrnambool Cup 2007 - who's competing?

Finchy

Date: 3rd - 4th November 2007 (Melbourne Cup Weekend)

This is the 25th Anniversary of this wonderful Event and this year Neville Vagg is pumping up the sponsorship to make it extra special!!

First prize $2000 - 1 in 3 payout
Entry fee $150 plus $50 for the 15 matchplay qualifiers - same format as last year, and the bowl has had a name change, it is now called the 'Great Ocean Road Tenpin Bowling Center'

This is just an early heads up, entries will not be taken until the entry form is distributed a bit later down the track.

This is top tournament always well attended and fantastically run!! Won last year by George Frilingos who had nothing but praise for the organisers.. you can read about last year's here:- http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=14892&highlight=warrnambool+cup

We're there again this year - who else is coming??

Jane & Ralph.

PS: For those who enjoy a game of golf and can get there the day before there will be fun and laughs on the fairways as well. A choice of a couple of fine courses... Will 2 revs get the snake again???? Those Jimmys sure went down a treat last time... LOL :D :D :p :p :D :D

Hopefully it will stay first weekend of November. If so, i would like to wander down the road for a bowl. (Last year it got shifted to the weekend before Emerson finals due to a clash with something else.)
Neville Vagg has done a superb job sponsoring this event for many years now (and Colac Cup in the years before that)

Might have to put the forms in to get that weekend off and put my name down for it. Certianly one that i wanna bowl in.

Hopefully it will stay first weekend of November. If so, i would like to wander down the road for a bowl. (Last year it got shifted to the weekend before Emerson finals due to a clash with something else.)
Neville Vagg has done a superb job sponsoring this event for many years now (and Colac Cup in the years before that)

Gary,

It is that weekend for sure. PAtrick has confirmed it, and the event it clashed with last year wasthe Dunn Shield, which this year is the following weekend.

Edi had been trying to get the cup moved to the Melbourne Cup (horse race) weekend for a couple of years, and it has finally happened.

A great chance to take a few extra days of work, and enjoy the location.

The best tournament of the year by far, and l would say the best value as well.

Jane & Ralph, both Tanya and l will be there no matter what. Already got the leave booked in and all....

I am sure this event once again will be a full house..

I'll be about the place, hoping for at least 4 of us showing up from Mt Gambier

Yeah can't let this mad-man out by himself so hopefully me an a couple of others will venture over to keep him company!!
(apart from that I want a better finish than last year!!)

I suspect I'll be back!

cmon George you know you want to.... Afterall you said it yourself last year, it was a great event, and l know you have some unfinished business with lanes 5 and 6

2006 comments by George himself
I had a blast and really had to pull out all the tricks to win this one. It was most memorable and I hope I can drag a few more people down with me next time. As for the 300, give me lanes 5&6 everytime and there would be a perfecto soon enough They are my new favourite pair of lanes in the country!

Hope to c u soon mate.
Lance

cmon George you know you want to.... Afterall you said it yourself last year, it was a great event, and l know you have some unfinished business with lanes 5 and 6
2006 comments by George himself
Hope to c u soon mate.
Lance

Your certainly right, I love that pair! and yes this being my final year I better bowl in as much as I can :D

It will be great and i'm looking forward to bowling with you George, not just watching all the time, so someone else has to do scoring this year. I did it last year. :)

Alan & I will be there again. Wouldn't miss it for anything...

We have already booked our accomodation so that we dont miss out seeing it's the Melbourne Cup long weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Jenny & Alan ;)

Back
Top Bottom