Warrnambool Cup 2003

The Warrnambool Cup entry form will be available in the next 24 hours - stay tuned

The dates for this event is Saturday 29th November and Sunday 30th November

Four squads

A Squad 8:30am
B Squad 11:00am
C Squad 2:15pm
D Squad 6:45pm

The major sponsor is Neville Vagg - Neville has sponosred this event and it is predecessor the Colac Cup for 21 years

The entry fee is $120

Last year 70 bowlers

Top 15 for Matchplay

1st Place $1500- 15th $420

Based on 60 entries paying down to 25th

Of course if more than 60 the payout will be increased

Please email [email protected] for further info or see me at the South Pacific Classic next week

(Deposit $25 requested)

Ian Nicholls ( Tournament Scorer)

Ian,

Neville Vagg is one of the great supporters of bowling in this country....close to hero status I would say. His involvement never wavers, he is truely a quiet achiever who [luckily for the sport] has a passion for the game. The late Nick Venuto of Geelong was a similar person to Neville - I also know of others in a number of states who simply put private money into events in a quiet way - just because they love/loved the sport.

Many are no longer with us sadly - Neville is however very much alive and kicking - bowlers could do him no better service than to enter the tournament he sponsors.

Is it a "classic" event.....well no.

Is it going to draw the focus of many of the best players across the country - well no...it's probably not that viable economically.

It is a good, solid, well supported event - that truely deserves to be of higher profile, simply for Neville, if for no other reason. I have no idea Ian what a full field number is - please let me know.

The tournament derves a waiting list frankly - just because Neville deserves to see one.

Keep plugging away Ian, the work you and others do to keep these tournaments going is simply spectacular.

Good luck,

Steve Jones

Thanks Steve

The Warrnambool Cup is the most enjoyable event each year

This year I will be present and help with the scoring at about 15 plus events including 9 interstate trips.( 60 days)

But the Warrnambool Cup is the highlight.

Steve, the centre is only a 12 lane centre, the max number of bowlers is 78

Warrnambool is about 3 hours from Melbourne, any interstate bowlers are welcome and I am sure travel can be arranged from Melbourne (if necessary by train).

Accommodation is cheap and special rates can be arranged

Ian Nicholls

Iann i cant seem to be able to download the entry form of the warrnambool cup off the tenpin.org website. is anyone else having the same problem? or is it just me??

There appears to be a problem with the supplied pdf when downloading.

I have created a web page of this file as a compromise until I can get a replacement pdf from the authors.

how maney so far?????????

hi ian just write to see if you are going to be put a squld listing on here? you should get my entry monday how maney people do you have bowling so far and is there still room in c squld? :D 8)

Back
Top Bottom