AMF PRACTICE CARDS

Ice_Magik said:
The theory of only state rep type players being able to buy these means that the best get better, almost like the rich get richer.....
i think leaving these cards to League and higher only would be more of an idea !

Very well said.

I would definately get one, and practise on both AMF synthetics, and Brunswick Synthetics at Oz tenpin. I couldn't make it every day, but at least its better than paying 5bucks a game.

bigkev said:
Why should it be only AMF, maybe all centres could look at this as an option.
I believe if you look at another Post FUTURE of BOWLING in AUSTRALIA you will find that the majority of the privately owned centres are willing to offer very good deals to bowlers
Colin

Chermside in Brissy have a package of 20 games for $66 - $3.30 per game - that they are offering to bowlers at the moment.

I WOULD BUY ONE FOR SURE !, GOD KNOWS I NEED THE PRACTICE :)

Yeah id certainly buy one.

If amf were to do this maybe they should think about having different ones. Like 3games a day, or a 3month card...just offer a variety of cards to better cater for peoples needs and avaliability.

i know they had a 3 month card at xzone when it was available. cost $125 which considering everything else is not a bad deal

In 2004 I purchased a year long practice card from Strikezone myself. 400 dollars was the price. The option was to buy a 3 month, 6 month, or 12 month practice card, with various prizes. I found this to be excellent value, and a lot of fun also. The practice card was very worthwhile to me. It helped me lift my game and all-in-all improve on areas I was struggling with.

The value the people get out of this card made them want to keep buying one.
Not only do the centres that sell them get incentives and bonuses, etc. from this card, but also the bowlers. Without the practice card, I am sure I would have struggled a heck of a lot. The card really helped me improve my game just that bit more.

I'm sure that the bowlers who bought the cards, and also the majority of bowlers who have seen what the card has on offer will agree that it is very worthwhile and worth the money. 7 games max. with the choice of maybe having 3 or 4 games, then coming back later on and bowling the rest, or bowling the full 7. The card is a great opportunity to practice those pesky 7s and 10s, different lines, sparing different pins, or even practicing with anything you may be struggling with...

That is excellent value.

So what is the news on this....sounds like an great idea but ideas are only good when theyre implemented....Dont wanna get my hopes up now.......

stormy said:
I believe if you look at another Post FUTURE of BOWLING in AUSTRALIA you will find that the majority of the privately owned centres are willing to offer very good deals to bowlers
Colin
What do you class as privately owned?

mongoliantreesloth said:
What do you class as privately owned?
Independent centres. Eg: Strikezone before we were AMF.

Ok...maybe my theory on only State/Aust. Rep bowlers being the only ones eligable to get a P.C is hard, but seriously, Ive seen it in 2004 when we dropped that rule and just let some random get one, they took more than advantage of it and used it as a chance to bowl like a moron. I know it was thei rchoice to spend the 400 bucks, but it just seems like such a waste...maybe instead of only allowing rep bowlers to have one, introduce a max. number of people allowed to get one, offering it to the more serious bowlers in the center first.

Leichhardt used to offer 50c practice games when AMF charged $1.35. You had to play in a league at Leichhardt and you had to have a good attendance record. Easy to administer in this age of information. Surprise, surprise... Their leagues were chock-a-block full! It was actually a bit tricky to get a practice lane most nights before 9:30!

Then AMF bought Leichhardt and ended the practice. A couple of years later (is this sounding familiar..?) Leichhardt Olympic Bowl was no more.

For all the AMF marketing gurus out there. It's SALES 101. You provide conditional cheap access to lanes and pinsetters in your low traffic times when you otherwise make nothing while spending on staff overhead. In return, you generate league revenue, tournament revenue, snack bar revenue, video game revenue, pro-shop revenue... When your social bowlers come in, they actually see people playing instead of a ghost town. They are not alone and may return. People in a place attract people to a place. Some of them may even enjoy watching higher level players or even be inspired to join a league!

AMF, you cannot keep taking and taking and taking and expect people to put up with it. This is not the 1980's. Have some bloody decency! This is about maintaining a social contract and a great relationship with your customers. They will do something else without it. Dammit, you could learn this at TAFE!

Lose them at your peril.

I couldnt agree wtih you more...You're right on the mark there....What the hells is wrong with AMF these days?Guess they just wanna deepen their pockets.

My children both bowl and are in two leagues each, we try not to bowl in AMF Centres and patronise the centres that promote their efforts. We moved away from Castle Hill for this reason. Nothing against staff etc but we coach twice a week as well as league, tournament and ranked events.
Cheaper lineage and we would bowl more. We will be life long bowlers, add it up, life long $$$.

Back
Top Bottom