AMF PRACTICE CARDS

concerned

Would you buy a AMF Practice Card if they were introduced in all AMF Centres? Practice cards have existed at Strikezone for several years. AMF when they bought Strikezone continued the practice. Last year they were $500. This allowed a bowler to bowl 7 games a day 7 days a week. Recently wrote to AMF for them to continue the precendence and to be seen to be fostering bowling in AUstralia.
Practice cards can only be used when centre not booked out by social bowlers. Practice cards bring in income to AMF. Practice cards allow for the elite bowler to continue to practice and hone their skills. I see the Target market for practice cards as those who compete regularly eg Intercentres, events on Junior/Youth / Adult calendar State and Nationals etc.
Practice cards definitely have a target market as TBA Rankings clearly reflect. I feel practice cards need to be reintroduced by AMF in all centres. It brings in immediate income to AMF for no outlay.
Please email me if you think you would buy a card. We need to do something to stop those elite bowlers being priced out of their chosen sport. I feel its time AMF started to look after their bread and butter customers. Social bowlers wax and wane and only bowl when wet etc.

i would like it if tba did something like this and you would be able to use it at any centre, with the profits going to the centre you buy it from, or tba
whichever, as long as you can use it at any centre in australia

I'd look at getting one definately !
Maybe at half of that though, say $250 for 3-4 games per day.....

but i can hardly see it happening....
us AMF league bowlers already get $5 a game......

$5 x 7 games x 7 days x 52 weeks = $12740

I can't see it working to be honest as, with some of the alleys league schedules, to use it you'd have to scab a day off work or school and go during the day.

Having said that, $10 a week would work out to be a good deal.

I am one of the bowlers who has been able to take advantage of a practise card for a few years.
I first got mine in 2003 for approx $300 after I recieved an information and application sheet on them way back in the Pre-Strikezone era. I used it to its full potentual bowling day in day out. I got a new one in 2004 for about $400...and once again used it day in day out, until I busted my arm.
In 2005 when they were advertised, we noticed the price had increased yet again, this time to $500...and I didnt get one because my parents were paying for two (damned sister).
To some people forking out $500 seems like one helluva lot, but if you use it to its full potentual it works out really cheap. I think one time we worked it out to be like 20c a game.

But anyways...if they were re-introduced, id go for another one. Although, I would like to see some stipulations come with them. For instance, bowlers who apply should be at some sort of state representative level. Whether its Shield, Rachuig, De Veer, ECCC or whatever. I believe this was a rule when I went for my first one in 2003 and it stopped all these randoms who want nothing but cheap games having one. In 2004, that rule kinda got forgotten and you had all sorts of people buying them and doing nothing but playing silly buggers.

The theory of only state rep type players being able to buy these means that the best get better, almost like the rich get richer.....

i think leaving these cards to League and higher only would be more of an idea !

I agree with Ice Magik. The AMF Practice Cards would help League players make the transition to the next step.

I for one would love to practice a lot and improve my game but it is expensive, getting a practice card for $500 will be very helpful.

How can we get AMF to introduce the practice card on all centres? :confused:

I'd get one and I believe that it is something that AMF need to really consider introducing to every centre if they are serious about helping bowling and bowlers in this country...just my 2 cents.

I would the first to buy one......Please start making them already.....Bowling is not a cheap sport and is one of the reasons so many people cannot enjoy it as they should....I always invite friends to bowl but the reason the dont come is coz its too expensive.

Why should it be only AMF, maybe all centres could look at this as an option.

Back
Top Bottom