AMF and TBA align forces in 2011

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
AMF and Tenpin Bowling Australia Align Forces in 2011

AMF Bowling and Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited are proud to announce a significant partnership to bolster support for the sport of tenpin bowling in Australia in 2011. In an effort to assist TBA to significantly increase membership participation, AMF is offering all league bowlers who take out 2011 TBA membership the following benefits:

 4 free practice games
 One free coaching session

The retail value of this additional benefit of TBA membership is, in itself, greater than the already low price of the annual membership fee of $29.50. Jordan Rodgers, CEO of AMF Bowling made the announcement at the TBA Rachuig Dinner following the completion of the AMF Australian Masters at AMF Rooty Hill RSL. Rodgers commented, “If the sport is to thrive in the long term, it simply must have a professional, financially viable National Sporting Organisation that will work collaboratively with the industry to grow the sport. We hope that AMF’s contribution to membership will have a significant long term impact on the health of the sport. Through this offer, league bowlers will get significant value for money, the opportunity to improve their skills and greater enjoyment of the sport through the assistance of coaching and free practice games. Additionally AMF look forward to partnering with TBA to assist in attracting newcomers to a sport that is truly for a lifetime”.

Following on from the success of the AMF Australian Masters the two organisations are again keen to see what can be achieved through the sports National Sporting Organisation working together with the country’s largest and most well known bowling centre chain.

TBA CEO Cara Honeychurch commented, “If the sport is to grow we appreciate that Tenpin Bowling Australia must lead the way in developing coaching programs, creating national schools programs, developing a marketing and media profile, creating world class coaches and assisting bowling centres in attracting and retaining competitors to the sport. However because registration to the national sporting body is one of the few sports in Australia that is optional, dwindling membership numbers have forced us largely into survival mode. AMF’s initiative for 2011 is a significant breakthrough for the sport of tenpin bowling in this country. I expect a doubling of our membership base in 2011 and this will allow us the opportunity to focus on what we should be and that is growing and promoting the sport”.

In July 2010, Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited announced the subsidy of 300 level one coaching positions in an attempt to drastically increase the number of accredited coaches within Australia. One hundred coaching subsidies were provided to AMF centres, 100 to independent proprietors and 100 allocated amongst the 8 State Associations to assist with development programs. Honeychurch commented, “It hasn’t been easy for people who either just want to a get few tips right through to those who seek regular coaching to get help. If people don’t improve when they play a sport, they get frustrated and leave the sport altogether. AMF will now have at least one qualified level one coach in all 47 AMF centres around Australia and all TBA members will have access to one free coaching lesson. That is a huge step in the right direction”.

AMF’s impressive commitment to the sport sends a clear message regarding the importance of focusing on the sport as well as the recreational aspect to the industry. Honeychurch further added “I sincerely hope that the rest of the industry follow AMF’s lead and offer incentives for league bowlers to become a member of Tenpin Bowling Australia.

Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited
Phone: (07) 32624455
[email protected] www.tenpin.org.au
TENPIN BOWLING AUSTRALIA LIMITED
FOR RELEASE NOVEMBER 1ST, 2010
If TBA had full membership of the 65,000 or so league bowlers, our ability to provide a greater diversity of programs and services to our members would be substantially boosted”.

TBA’s membership fees relative to other sports is more than reasonable. When you consider the numerous features and benefits of the TBA membership program including personal accident insurance, discounted practice games, significant discounts on hotel accommodation and rental cars and regular newsletters the membership represents great value for money.

The future of the SPORT is for the first time in a long time starting to look much brighter.

Thats a great step in the right direction...Congrats to both parties on making this happen...A lot of hard work i am guessing between both Jordan Rodgers and TBA CEO Cara Honeychurch has help this happen...Congrats to you both, this is a huge step forward...

Now if we could just get the arm chairs critics start looking at the positives of our great sport and posting them and start congratulating people that make the positives happen, then maybe we might be able to get AMF back supporting the forum and promoting the sport...Wouldn't it be good if we could all work together to promote TBA, AMF and Bowling in Australia...

We can only hope...

Well said Jase. It is fantastic to see this happening and congrats to both parties. Proof was displayed exactly how well this relationship will work from the last couple of weeks! Again great news.

PS - And yes Jase more positives and less arm chair critics please!!!

Grant

Looks like a good step forward. Will be interesting to see how many of the country centres like ours get free lessons.

As for AMF, they do it for the money. It is in their interest to have a thriving sport. They are a business and that is how they survive.

Looks like a good step forward. Will be interesting to see how many of the country centres like ours get free lessons.

As for AMF, they do it for the money. It is in their interest to have a thriving sport. They are a business and that is how they survive.

sorry gary, when was the last time you paid for any advice???

sorry gary, when was the last time you paid for any advice???

Never have Craig but I fail to see how that relates to AMF/TBA running coaching sessions for me. I am just saying it will be interesting to see how many centres in the more remote areas get the free coaching session.

This sounds like great news and it goes without saying that if AMF is strong and profitable, then being a key stakeholder, our sport will be strong and in combining in an initiative together, this can only be positive in going forward.

I think the key is that league bowling needs a mass rejuvenation, and this will help a lot to assist with that. If your average league bowler can get free access in any way to an accredited coach, and gain improvement from such it will do 2 things.

1. Continue bowling and be more keen and may even recommend friends to participate.
2. Get to a stage where a pathway becomes open to tournament bowling and then the top end as well as the core of the sport sees growth also.

Good initiative. I hope it gets a strong implementation and follow through on the plan.

what is the difference between the league and silver memberships?

AMF Rooty Hill isn't on the list (Though Mt Druitt is, and Penrith)

Sure it is good news.

Still an AMF commercial decision non-the-less.
While independent centres outnumber AMF centres 2 to 1 - of course they need to form "alliances" like this, to attempt to keep a nose in front.

This was a great announcement at the Dinner
It was all a bit hard to hear clearly and was met with
some scepticism but we all look forward to it happening

I just hope AMF take up the option of having the Nationals
again next year and I hope it is at Rooty Hill, fantastic facilities all round

Let us all now get behind it and help promote rather than bag the TBA and AMF..
It will never be perfect but we must work together for the good of the sport

I have been as guilty as everyone else for bagging AMF for thier lack of support towards the traditional league bowler in recent times, If this is now
the reality of this joint initiative they have my support and i hope they have yours

yes I agree, and now maybe a good time to get The Tenpin Bowling Show back on board as well........................

Cheers

tony

Never have Craig but I fail to see how that relates to AMF/TBA running coaching sessions for me. I am just saying it will be interesting to see how many centres in the more remote areas get the free coaching session.

You won't get any free games unless your center is an AMF center. Why would Jordan provide 4 free games & coaching to bowlers bowling in private centers? Unless I have miss read the original post? :S

Back
Top Bottom