2009 Perth Tenpin Cup - Expressions of Interest

Untrue - the private "benefactor" contributed $500k - they needed twice that to keep going [as confirmed by the head of the station on ABC radio this morning] and of course the much boasted about [by the ALP] digital technology change is in reality some 2-3 years away - thus no Government support forthcoming until then [well - if at all]. By the way - the state Government in WA sits on a record surplus [thanks to excessive taxes, massive stamp duty charges and the resources boom]- so it's clear where their interest in community television is in the scheme of things.

Sorry Steve, was purely feeding back what was said on commerical radio and the West Online.

Are there stats on how popular Channel 31 was with the public?

No worries RD - you can only quote what you hear or see unless you know otherwise. Sadly in this situation there will always be people doing all they can to fix blame onto someone else - the nature of things I'm sorry to say as C31 has become a political football of sorts and the muck starts flying and truth goes out the door, the minute politics rears it's ugly head. Clearly my point above indicates where I think the blame should be placed well and truely - others will not agree - and that of course is their right. I don't know specifics of program rating stats or even overall audience numbers - and I don't know if C31 was covered [or even included] in and or by standard rating performance measures - maybe Brenton D has some data?

No worries RD - you can only quote what you hear or see unless you know otherwise. Sadly in this situation there will always be people doing all they can to fix blame onto someone else - the nature of things I'm sorry to say as C31 has become a political football of sorts and the muck starts flying and truth goes out the door, the minute politics rears it's ugly head. Clearly my point above indicates where I think the blame should be placed well and truely - others will not agree - and that of course is their right. I don't know specifics of program rating stats or even overall audience numbers - and I don't know if C31 was covered [or even included] in and or by standard rating performance measures - maybe Brenton D has some data?

I'll see what I can dig up.

If I went would that be a good enough excuse for ya? :p
lol.

LOL! It would definitely be an added reason to make the trip, on one condition - remember to pack an extra alarm for me though... ;)

Fingers crossed it gets the needed female support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strop View Post
brenton , they still hace c31 in perth?
Yes Tony, the station has a benefactor and is still operating.

So as I thought brenton.............I didn't think it was still running

Thanks Steve for your kind comments, I see you haven't changed all these years..........

But mate - I always thought you'd be a prefect fit for a Front Bench - [where did that "r" come from]..glad you're well and obviously still involved..well done.

S

Back
Top Bottom