2009 Perth Tenpin Cup - Expressions of Interest

ratty133

The Brow
Hi Everyone

I am looking to bring back the Perth Tenpin Cup next year with a slight format change to previous years.

The dates we have planned are March 21st and 22nd, and will be held at the new AMF Joondalup. The format planned is as follows:

Day 1

All bowlers bowl 10 games in their allocated squad, 3 squads available.
Cut to the top 24 for stage 2

Day 2

Top 24 bowl a 6 game sprint, the field will be cut to the top 12 after the sprint.

Top 12 bowl 12 games of round robin matchplay (including positional).

Winner will be the highest 30 game pinfall including bonus pins.

At this stage, 1st place will be $3500 which i am trying to GUARANTEE.

What i am looking for in this thread is expressions of interest from locals and eastern states bowlers who would be interested in competing in this event.

I would like to have the tender to TBA soon so i can have this on the ranked calendar. If you could please leave interest in this thread it would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Watson

PS. For any youth bowlers interested, the Perth Youth Cup will be held the weekend prior to this tournament, a good chance for a week long holiday in Perth :)

Matto thats not a bad format maybe drop the 6 games sprint have just another 10 games with total pin fall winning
i think the sprints are getting a bit over used

Tonx - Some bowlers, like myself and my brother will be wanting to bowl both events. As im sure some of the youth from the east will as well. Thanks for the comment though, it will be taken on board.

Matt - Just pitching ideas man, no ideas a bad one, but 20 games straight pinfall could be good but could also be bad, if someone gets a massive lead. But again, comment taken on board and im willing to work with the bowlers on a format.

Matt,

If you can add a stepladder to the format, I can almost guarantee Tenpin Bowling Show attendance. We have not yet filmed anything in Perth and wish to do so to reward our loyal Western Australian viewers. However, without a stepladder, the production can not be of a sufficient standard to put to air. Please let me know by response or PM, what you can do.

Thanks
Brenton Davy
Filming Manager
The Tenpin Bowling Show
"It's A Hit!"

Hi Brenton

I am also looking at the original format of perth cup, but cutting back on qualifying games to make it a 2 day event.

So im sure we could look at a stepladder with that format. Keep an eye on this space.

Would you be looking at any female division/incentive? Would love to have an excuse to make the trip over if the tournament gets up and running.

There will be a high female award, the value, i am unsure of as yet. But tournament numbers in female divisions have been falling recently to a level where it almost unfinancial to run a division. However, that said, i never say never, but there would have to be substantial support from the females to warrant a female division.

I have based the perth youth cup female division on 15 bowlers and still is a reasonable payout, but nowhere near as much lineage.

So i guess in answer to your question, the tournament would certainly be willing to support a female divison, if the female bowlers are willing to support the tournament......

Ill look into some figures for lineage costs etc and see what sort of sponsorship would be required to run it :)

Would you be looking at any female division/incentive? Would love to have an excuse to make the trip over if the tournament gets up and running.

If I went would that be a good enough excuse for ya? :p
lol.

Great ideas Matt.
See what you can come up with, Id definatly try to make the trip to Perth for another event.

Been to Perth once and absolutely loved it. Any excuse to visit again. If I can afford it if/ when the time comes, I would definitely be there.

HI Matty, give females their own division, and make it a ranked event and I am sure you would get the ladies in. I'd be in it then. Brenda

Hi Everyone

The response so far has been great. I have had several bowlers suggest running the "classic" format of the perth cup with reduced qualifying games.

So i put forward this format as an alternative for bowlers to consider:

10-12 games qualifying, cut to top 16

top 16 bowl 15 games of matchplay, cut to top 4 for stepladder finals (to be filmed by the TBS)

I am filling out TBA paperwork as we speak so all going well, this will be on the ranked calendar next year.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom