Rachuig 2007

I know ive had people who want me/have asked me to try out, i can never go through with it. The 'annual event' of this thread keeps reminding me why. Grown adults just wont cop being treated like that for long(goodonya Danielle!!). Ah well hopefully Qld awaits next yr for me in any case(maybe i'll try out for East Coast...).

The problem Jo is that these so called compulsory training sessions are only compulsory to some...i recall two instances

the first.. a thursday night i believe there were only 3 people that attended and only 1 management of 4.. so from a possible 15 there were 5

the second... the tournament held at woodville to win a ball....for a compulsory tournament the team wasn't all there.. (8 from 12 i believe)... i sure as hell didnt want to bowl but as i was working in the arvo, i was informed it was compulsory for me to bowl in it.

And to finish, we were told that we would be required to bowl in tournaments, the playford i believe was recommended.. i was the only girl to bowl!!!

The problem is when i questioned these issues when they occured a number of excuses covered everyone's absence, but when i had bronchitis and pneumonia for the berri trip a sick certificate was required, wheres the consistency!!!!

Danielle

compulsory tournament

What does that mean!!

Here is the Rachuig entry form and the grand prize you have won!!!!

Making the team!!!

It doesn't say anything about bowling all these compulsory tournaments or anything else for that matter!! except you must bowl ALL EVENTS in the state titles!!!

Is there anyone capable on the TBA SA to explain this, or is it you give us all your money to try out, all your money to go to the nationals as a state rep!(which really is your prize) , but now that you have made it.......oh Yeah you have to pay out all this extra money to bowl the so called practice sessions, compulsory tournament, dictated to , gagged.............

Sounds like fun where do I sign up!!!!!!!!

Really...........

Unfortunately the young really don't have much anything to look forward to , but hey! they don't know any better.

It's sad.

cheers

Tony

P.S. The young ones might think I'm picking on them but I'm not, They don't know any different because this is how there treated in juniors...........and expect it to be the same in adults, and you know what, that's how it is at the moment!

Attachments

• 2007 Rachuig Trials.pdf
    178.7 KB · Views: 46
For the record, I'm also from the "Old" Days and if I've done my research right I can boast having the 2nd highest number of games and years represented SA in the history of Rachuig. This is behind Alice Roser whom most of you wouldn't even know!!!

Last time I bowled Rachuig was a team sport. Obviously you are more than happy with your personal glory you have gotten from Rachuig. No "I" in team Jo. Others im sure, myself included would prefer the team doing well.

Yes, I'm very interested to hear all about it.

I figure I can't comment because I'm not nor have I ever been (possibly never be) a Rachuig bowler, but this thread has really opened my eyes. I'm quite young on the bowling scene (about 5 years) and by the sounds of it, the 'old days' seem to be the way to go.

Michael,

This is all DeJarVu to me.

In 1984 a special meeting was called to bring the committee to there senses and make Rachuig 7 past the post instead of top 2 auto making the team and selecting then next 5.

It was successful by the unanimous vote and the then committee had no choice. I only hope it will never come to that again and that action will happen based on discussion here followed by perhaps a gathering of information by TBAL to see what people want and come to some sort of common sense.

For those that were around then will remember those times.

cheers

Tony

i remember when (back in the old days - 1991) when i made shield, we had to attend compulsory practice 14 wkends in a row. go 4 runs in the morning. do te kwundo. supa curcuits twice weekly. change our eating habits.

hmmmm the memories...................................:D:D:D

Wow full on.......having to drive all that way 14 weekend in a row.

In shield starting fresh maybe these sorts of training isn't so bad.

And even in adults, but still think different rules should apply.

Do you still bowl, I see that was your only year, were you too old after that or you didn't try out any more.

cheers

Tony

when we tried out, the change the format for making the team. 7 post the post, top 2 + 5 selected, top 2 points + top 2 ave + 3 selected. anyhow unfortunatley didnt make it 1992 cause i was a backup bowler lol. just wasnt selected............................... this is carls

Lyn & Bob Alexander are both very approachable. More so than other State Managers before Lyn.
As the Mens coach Bob was great & would enjoy possibly bowling Rachuig again if Bob was coach.

Obviously there have been issues the last year or 2 in Rachuig. Whether posting on here & thrashing it out for all to see is the why to go, who knows.
One positive is that with some of the heated posts on here there is still quiet a bit of passion in bowlers (Old & New) when it comes to Rachuig.

Hopefully everybody can sit down and discuss the issues/problems/concerns people have rationally and some good can come of it.

Unfortunately Chin who said
Lyn & Bob Alexander are both very approachable. More so than other State Managers before Lyn.
As the Mens coach Bob was great & would enjoy possibly bowling Rachuig again if Bob was coach.

Obviously there have been issues the last year or 2 in Rachuig. Whether posting on here & thrashing it out for all to see is the why to go, who knows.
One positive is that with some of the heated posts on here there is still quiet a bit of passion in bowlers (Old & New) when it comes to Rachuig.

Hopefully everybody can sit down and discuss the issues/problems/concerns people have rationally and some good can come of it.

most of the the new don't like the old or the old ways unless your a yes man like some people who they simply adore.

Some believe people like me are here just to stir the pot. And most probably there right because too many others wont say anything against the little click because of retribution against them.

That's nice rob that your coach Bob was great, but really since it was your 17th year in rachuig, I don't think any text book coach could have taught you any more new tricks!

I ask the TBA of SA to call a meeting to all bowlers who have a concern with rachuig that it might just bring a little bit back to this state.
Let them (the committee) bring their years of experience to show the rest of us what and why the Adult rachuig should be just another over 18 sheild team.

cheers

Tony

I know for a fact other states are now listing to the bowlers as they now start to understand that they aren’t dealing with children for one and the fact that these Adults are giving up their time and money for the sport so they need to be listened to and not dictated to…

Looks like other States are moving with the times. Seems like S.A. is caught in a time warp & in the minority.

most of the the new don't like the old or the old ways unless your a yes man like some people who they simply adore.

The problem is Tony the new people that have only been around for 5-6 years dont know any different. This is the way "they" have always done it & expect everybody else to follow like sheep. They werent around when it was done any different (succesfully I might add).

Believe me 17 years of Rachuig doesnt mean Jack Sh!t when it comes to having an opinion. You have to have made All Star teams or be 2nd in history behind Alice Roser for your opinion to carry any weight in this State.

Just because it was done differently 10, 15, 20 years ago doesnt make it wrong. Check the records. The competition in the 80's & 90's was far tougher than todays opposition.

We have had 5 years to get it right. How long are we going to put up with mediocre performances before something new is tried (OR OLD).

Who are you and what have you done with Rob Chinner?

Way back when I was a half OK bowler (don't laugh, I had my moments), I would never have dreamed of even trying out for Rachuig with my 178ish average, I would have been creamed and didn't want to look like a fool.
I haven't bowled for over 18 months now but it is a little sad that I could join a league, bowl state champs or whatever, roll off, bowl whatever I would shoot now and probably make the women's Rachuig team. Quite sad really.
There are so many good quality bowlers in SA, some still bowl Rachuig, some have decided it is not for them any more for whatever reason, but they are still out there. It is great for the guys of "a certain age", but not everyone is eligible for seniors yet (isn't that right dear?) and this is a situation which needs to be amended so hopefully those people will want to come back and represent our state as a proud Rachuig team. Where has the prestige gone? I used to be in awe of those people.
I will never be a Rachuig standard bowler, and don't aspire to be, but think everyone giving it a go or thinking about giving it a go deserves to be given all appropriate information, schedules, and agendas up front and be given the chance to discuss any issues or concerns at a group meeting with all interested parties BEFORE any money changes hands or any contracts are signed.
Surely the people involved are organized enough to do this and they know damn well what they are going to ask of (demand of?) the bowlers, why wait until after the fact and have all this dissent and heated discussion when it could easily be avoided with careful planning, consultation and decision making based on level headed feedback from both bowlers and the committee.
You cannot make everyone happy but there has to be a quorum, then those still not happy are probably never going to be and they would be welcome to leave at that point, AFTER they know everything and BEFORE they have signed on the dotted line.

If you refer back to my first sentence, only a couple of years ago I was bowling in the opening night squad of the State Championships at Cross Road and my team from Bowland Salisbury bowled on the same pair of lanes as the then current Men's Rachuig team. I had the lowest average on the pair of lanes and one game I beat everybody else on the pair, and I only bowled a low 200 game. It is a very rare thing for me to beat Tony in any single game, but to also defeat 5 of the fellas representing out state! Must have been the sticky approaches. It was very funny to me, the ladies Seniors team next door found it pretty amusing too!!!
Thanks for listening. Stacey.:D

PS... I raise a glass to Danielle for having the ghoulies to stand up and be heard, regardless of the feedback. I just hope that in the end we get positive results from this "discussion".

Back
Top Bottom