Rachuig 2007

'Oh' to be a Senior....no crap...no *****ing... just good ol' fun...and bowling... the way it is meant to be....
Tony Long

My thoughts too Tony.

Way to go ATBSO Seniors - we trained in moderation (only a couple of sessions), We had a few social gatherings (team bonding). We went away to bowl our best with full support of the other teams (Open bowlers supporting the Restricted bowlers and vice versa) and had a good time.

With what results, Gold for restricted, Womens Restricted Champion, Silver for Open Men, Silver to Open Women, runners up in Mens Restricted Champion, Mens Open Masters and Ladies Open Masters. Winners of Champion State trophy.

Enough said.

Hopefully the Rachuig organisers/management can get positive constructive feedback from both present and past bowlers and managers on what was good and what could be improved to get SA back on top.

If they ignore these comments on this site, and expecting to action only if they receive something in the mail the I would be disappointed.

Maybe print all this out and posted to them selves then, because I certainly don't want to waste $0.50 to mail it to them.

Here's what I would like to see happen.

1. Certainly have training sessions prior (not too many) and make them not compulsory if people have other commitments. And certainly none of this medical certificate crap if you cant attend, we are all adults. Lets not have the if you don't attend you are out attitude, you might even find it might even be a little fun if people turn up with out being summoned.

2. Coaches are there only if required by the BOWLERS WHO NEED THEM!

3. While we are there bowlers are treated like kids and can have fun while rachuig is on.....bed times, drinking in moderation...etc , but set RULES on this to make them feel restricted......surely most of the bowlers have common sense.

4. Freedom of speech.... Don't dictate what people can and cannot say before and after a tournament(providing its really not offensive ).

5. Yes and remember it's just a tournament!

6. Certain people train and eat in there own way prior to this event and all there life. Respect that. Making or trying to change people can have a adverse affect.

7. List to bowlers needs and wants and try and see if compromise can happen!

8. No favoritism by Managers or Coaches towards any team members.

9. Where possible to keep costs down make allowances if the Titles are close to the home city (eg Melbourne) the let people take there own cars to not only same on Air fare costs and the size of the bus you will require over there. Providing you walk into the centre as a team this shouldn't be a problem.

I'm others have much to add to this...............

I'm sure I will think of more and will post them later.

Cheers

Tony

Brenton,
From what I was told at rachuig... NSW only met once at State Champs before they met at rachuig.... Like i said i was only told, so i dont fully know (pls dont take this as being bit**y, just thought i would mention that)
Danielle

So did the Victorian Men.............so I was told

and where did they finish?

really no point to those comments.

Unusal for you to post rely on Gossip brenton!

You can argue all you want on how many times team member meet.

Whether it's once or thousands of times it really doesn't matter, We have proved both over the years haven't we.

Cheers

Tony

Stoppel,

I have a meeting with TBA on saturday arvo and would be more then deligthed to print off your post and show it to them, so you dont have to waste your 50 cents.

And if anyone else has any other suggestions but doesnt want to post on here, pm me and your confidentiality remains with me!! I want bowling to be better in this state, not just rachuig but all state teams and tournaments, so please post your ideas because that is the only way it can be changed!!!

thanks,

Danielle

That would be good if you can do that.
Tell them they need to speak to more than just you...............

Cheers

Tony

just in case evry1 thought i that i was talking about a certain bowler im not , wat i meant was had i known 12 yrs ago about the politics that and the old ideas that some ppl have and would like to run this sport a certain bowler would now b playing cricket where they r treated as a sportsperson and again only 1 person complained
end

That's right only one person complained on here!! I was the only person with big enough balls to post, i understand why the others didnt speak up on here, but believe me they have sent their letters to TBA and i am happy they are backing my story, but you wouldn't even know half of the truth would you?? only what you have been told and where is the defense against my comments?? no where to be seen.. so thats 1 complaining 0 defending... you do the maths!!

I could post the threatening emails of action being taken against me on here, but what would that prove... that im right?? It doesn't need to come to that, its simply an open discussion about thoughts and feelings, which i believe is healthy for this topic... and perhaps, something can finally be done about it!!!!

Danielle

and where did they finish?

Brenton,

The last 5 years ("the new era") has seen the mens team finishing:-

2003 4th
2004 10th
2005 6th
2006 9th
2007 5th

Not very flattering results.

Could list result for last 20 years, but cant find them all & didnt bowl in all of them. I didnt bowl 91,93,99,00. So i dont know where we finished those years.

1986 2nd
1987 1st
1988 1st
1989 2nd
1990 2nd
1992 2nd
1994 3rd
1995 2nd
2002 2nd

Big difference. And they were against much stronger teams in those days.

While we did better this year, with you retiring & Dion not available next year due to being in Japan all year where do you honestly think next years team are likely to finish unless their are some major changes.
In the top 5 or bottom 5 positions.

If Victoria Men as you say didnt have training sessions. And they got the best team on deck because any way.

South Australia could only improve with the quality of bowler that would try out for the team next year if they went down the same track. Because from the looks of some of the posts the only thing stopping some past Rachuig bowlers from bowling is the current training policy.

This had been thrashed out over the last couple years through numerous posts but surely having your best bowlers in the State rolling off gives you the best chance to win in October.

People in this state got there nose out of joint in 2004 when a bowler from another state asked if S.A. had fielded their De Veer team for Rachuig.
Looking at the results the last 3 years since then, what has changed to stop people thinking that.

At the end of the day the only thing people remeber is where you finish.
Their were a couple of us this year sitting at the dinner that do remeber what it was like being the NSW Mens team out their accepting the Gold medals & Rachuig trophy. Ask Brenton Manning what it was like & if he wants to have that feeling again.

A lot of bowlers these days have there own personal coaches, If bowlers are having problems with certain areas of their game they should concerntrate on those areas in private with there coach. Not in an all in training session.
If a bowler has problem sparing 10 pins, its pointless having other bowlers sparing 30-40 10 pins if they havent missed one in 3 months.

For 1 year go back to:-

1. 1st 7 past the post.
2. training sessions. once a month for 3 months before going away.

See what the result is. 1 year isnt going to kill anyone. Because its obvious

2003 4th
2004 10th
2005 6th
2006 9th
2007 5th

aint been working that well. Can we finish any worse

Use the ex-rachuig bowlers while their available that wont bowl because of the current situation.
Its called compromise.

:argue::argue:

[RANT ON]Well, I couldn't give a flying fig anymore.

I've had it with bashing my head against the wall.

Do whatever you like.[RANT OFF]

I just thought professionalism might make a difference, but if "the best" don't want to know, then I no longer do either.

INcidentally results as I recall

91 - 3rd
93 - 5th
99 - 4th or 5th
00 - 4th

Professionalism doesnt amount to a flying fcuk if it dont get the results in October.

"AND THATS THE FACT JACK"

[RANT ON]Well, I couldn't give a flying fig anymore.
I've had it with bashing my head against the wall.
Do whatever you like.[RANT OFF]
I just thought professionalism might make a difference, but if "the best" don't want to know, then I no longer do either.
INcidentally results as I recall
91 - 3rd
93 - 5th
99 - 4th or 5th
00 - 4th

I posted recently about not being able to please everyone all at the same time. Surely with Brentons many years experience his opinion should be worth something. For the record, I'm also from the "Old" Days an dif I've done my research right I can boast having the 2nd highest number of games and years represented SA in the history of Rachuig. This is behind Alice Roser whom most of you wouldn't even know!!!

I too was there in what you are classifying as "The Good Old Days".

I am certainly not for training every weekend either but I just go back to my first post in this topic in that it will be a miracle to please 100% of people 100% of the time, and Brenton's obvious support to the current era and way of doing things is the exact thing I was talking about.

Chin, I think it's hardly for you to comment when it comes to training as when I have been a member of the team I recall through various reasons work or illness that you attended very few, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there were any ramifications to you about your other committments????? Is this not an example of the fact that it may not be as "Bad" as it all appears to those who haven't bothered to even give it a go?? Like I said Chin, correct me if I'm wrong?

I'll sit back now and wait to be bagged for my opinion, but I'll keep going back to the same thing, those of you with your opinions think that is the B all and end all, those of us with differing opinions think ours is the B all and end all, there will never be a situation where you all will want to compromise with other ideas. From what is written in this forum it seems you should all go over your posts and realise you are doing exactly what you are accusing Tenpin SA of - Your way or the highway!

I know this is none of my business as i'm not involved in SA tenpin or rachuig but sounds to me that there is alot of passionate bowlers in SA who would like to take home the trophy again so why don't you stop the chit chat and go to the meeting on Saturday and try to work it out for the future of SA tenpin and rachuig.

I know this is none of my business as i'm not involved in SA tenpin or rachuig but sounds to me that there is alot of passionate bowlers in SA who would like to take home the trophy again so why don't you stop the chit chat and go to the meeting on Saturday and try to work it out for the future of SA tenpin and rachuig.

Agree 100%... Great comment!

Just remember one thing Jo............the Tenpin SA are there representing us !!!!!
Or did you forget that................

You may have have lots of games for the women, but come on.. look at the averages and the depth you had to deal with...not hard!

You all can bag the good old days, but nothing wrong with them days!!!

Not too much experience on the committee at the moment of every bowling or knowing what Rachuig is really about!

No need to sit back and wait to be "Bagged" Jo for your opinion, You will have opposite feelings about the game just be cause of people you hate like us!

How would the current committee feel they way same of the older days people have conducted themselves at official dinners in the past.

Anyway back to the story at hand.........like Rob has said relax the current ideas at the moment, try and get a few of the old bowling again and see how they fair, cant do any worse than we are.

cheers

Tony

P.S. ...TONX and SPEEDSTAR. I thought the meeting on SATURDAY was a closed individual execution!

De ja vu!

Well done Danielle for standing up and saying what you have. It takes such courage! But from personal experience, it doesnt get you anywhere but punished for having an opinion.

I like everyone else who is absolutely dissapointed in TBA SA, Tenpin SA, or whatever its gonna be called next, wish they could be there to support you for your meeting or tribunal hearing :)

Things need to change in this state. The bullsh!t needs to stop here!!

Cheers
Martina

This post is getting confusing now - I think we all want the same thing. :confused::confused:

To the past successful teams what would it take to get you back & bowling ?:surrender: yeh I have read all the posts - but give a clear cut answer - the old days are gone it no use living in the past - the time is here & now.

To the people who run this sport in SA - where's your opinion - you obviously read this site - so why don't you have a say? How about that meeting put a time & date on this forum & and we can all sit down and work out what the real issues are & work through them - at this rate will get nowhere & the result will remain about the same.

Surely there must be a happy medium.

Otherwise Jase you might a well close this thread - because its going nowhere.

Dave Kuhn.

Gee thanks for the expert advice on closing the thread.

I'm sure Jase knows what he is doing.

I posted recently about not being able to please everyone all at the same time. Surely with Brentons many years experience his opinion should be worth something. For the record, I'm also from the "Old" Days an dif I've done my research right I can boast having the 2nd highest number of games and years represented SA in the history of Rachuig. This is behind Alice Roser whom most of you wouldn't even know!!!
I too was there in what you are classifying as "The Good Old Days".
I am certainly not for training every weekend either but I just go back to my first post in this topic in that it will be a miracle to please 100% of people 100% of the time, and Brenton's obvious support to the current era and way of doing things is the exact thing I was talking about.
Chin, I think it's hardly for you to comment when it comes to training as when I have been a member of the team I recall through various reasons work or illness that you attended very few, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there were any ramifications to you about your other committments????? Is this not an example of the fact that it may not be as "Bad" as it all appears to those who haven't bothered to even give it a go?? Like I said Chin, correct me if I'm wrong?
I'll sit back now and wait to be bagged for my opinion, but I'll keep going back to the same thing, those of you with your opinions think that is the B all and end all, those of us with differing opinions think ours is the B all and end all, there will never be a situation where you all will want to compromise with other ideas. From what is written in this forum it seems you should all go over your posts and realise you are doing exactly what you are accusing Tenpin SA of - Your way or the highway!

Yes Jo,

Youre right, I have missed training sessions because of work committments and the occasional injury. I also remember being at training sessions that you were not at. As i work permanent shifts 3pm-11pm Thurs-Sat and 11pm-7am Sun & Mon every week for the last 12-18 months i am unavailable at those times. This year I have attended every Sunday training session because I was available. I am not going to give $200 shifts to attend training sessions on a Thurs night.
Back in the days when you were in the team I was working a lot of Sat & Sun morning shifts and was not available on those days. I am not, nor should anyone else be expected to miss work (which coaches & managers) have agreed with to attend training session.
Rachuig is expensive enough, $1,500-$2,000 each year without losing another $1,000 in shifts to train.

I agree with you also, Brenton experience has been invaluable over the years & like Brenton other people have there opinions also.

Also if i have done my research correctly I have the record for the most number of "years representing SA in the history of Rachuig." 17 I believe.
Might not have made 5 All star teams along the way but enough years to have an opinion to know when there is a problem.

The "our way or the highway" Jo is a little 1 sided as we have been doing it there way for the last 5 years.
Example was briefing at Norwood couple years ago. We were all told if you didnt like the way it was going to be you could leave there & then. I seem to remember 2 bowlers withdrew from matchplay.
The only people doing the compromising & being flexible are the bowlers bowing to the demands set on them.
Dont get common sense confused with compromise & flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom