Rachuig 2007

strop

Elite Athlete
Well, Been and gone,

Everyone happy with the results and performances?

I assume Brenton D. should be over the moon with his result?

Everyone happy with the coaches and the training side of the event?

Any thoughts on improvement for next year?

Maybe warm down of 1 kilometre walk instead of a half a kilometre could help?

Maybe an extra bus driver or two so people don't have to leave earlier than they want to?

???????????????????

cheers

Tony

Tony,

I'm assuming you are wanting the team to answer these questions? Well as captain of the girls team I would like to think that if the team did have a problem with anything or the way it was done or would like to see improvements they would contact either myself, Brenton D or the Management Team to discuss it. I don't feel it would be appropriate for these topics to be discussed on this website.

Regards
Kerry-Ann

No problem with that Kerry, however since this is a open forum, and you all did represent Our glorious state, and all us that didn't go but are all members of that special group called TBA of SA, would be interested as to how things went, and is there room for improvement?

I no doubt will hear from our 10 year plan man Mr. B.D. , ashame he has (as far as I know) has announced his retirement from Rachuig temporary, so he might be watching from the side lines on how his plan is working out!

Some of us are still curious what happens in this state, and please all don't give me the "Negative Post Crap" what I write, some should really look at the main Forum how many negative post are on there Re the TBA.

Just remember one thing kerry, it's not suppose to be a secret society being in the team. The teams are there to represent us all, and as paying customers have the right to anything including feedback!
Just in case some of us might even think and I use the word think of maybe trying out next year! Without the crap that goes with it. Warm downs etc!!! etc!! But in saying that, I still agree if anyone who want to do it they can........make it optional, not compulsory by coaches who know thinks they know best for the bowlers!
While bowlers work on there fitness, and you can be there forever getting really fit for a event, sometimes it just comes back to "Brains" on what to do.

Plus one thing, I didn't mention the team having a problem.........You did!!!

Well did they!!!

You have a nice day!

Cheers

Tony

Well, Been and gone,

Everyone happy with the results and performances?

I assume Brenton D. should be over the moon with his result?

Everyone happy with the coaches and the training side of the event?

Any thoughts on improvement for next year?

Maybe warm down of 1 kilometre walk instead of a half a kilometre could help?

Maybe an extra bus driver or two so people don't have to leave earlier than they want to?

???????????????????

cheers

Tony

Well, well Tony, didn't take you long to stick the knives in did it?

Just can't seem to help yourself can you? OK (and this will be my one and only post on this matter) I will answer your questions.

1. Yes, I am reasonably satisfied with what I achieved in this Rachuig from a personal point of view. I would give that performance and all my other all-star team finishes back for one more Rachuig win and the fact we were not able to win is extremely disappointing. A couple of stats that may interest you tho'.

1. SA men had the 2nd highest team average
2. SA men had the fewest errors

I know these do (and did) not translate into a winning performance, but the improvement over the recent past was marked and noticed by other teams and I believe that with more experience, the team will convert these type of statistics into even more improved performances.

2. I had never worked with Bob Alexander prior to this year and I found him easy to work and communicate with. It was nice to be treated with respect (unlike as in this post) but when a rocket was required, it was meted out in the appropriate manner. Bob does not profess to know everything and does not set out to make wholesale changes to bowlers techniques. His role was valuable to the team and was well received.

3. In a perfect world everyone would be able to come and go as they please, but Mick did a fine job as driver. I do not consider your comments re the "warm down walk" worthy of comment as it is frivolous.

4. Re your later post in this thread, my retirement from Rachuig is PERMANENT! End of story!. My family deserves my attention now and the time has come to hand over the baton to another generation. At some later stage I may try out for the ATBSO Challenge team, but my decision on Rachuig is final.

5. (and lastly) I find your snide comments offensive to not only myself, but to the other members of the team who at least put their butts on the line to represent their state and did so in a fine manner. This team has regained respect from the wider Rachuig community. If you can't accept that, then I am sorry for you

Get with the times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your comments Brenton, Hope to see you in Seniors.....again.

Cheers

Tony

As I said, sometime in the future, maybe next year, maybe the year after, but when I do, it will be with the same passion I have always shown in representative competition, should I be fortunate enough to make the team.

Does that mean you (and other elite bowlers in this state that won't bowl Rachuig for assorted reasons) MAY consider bowling Rachuig based on this feedback? Lord knows we have the bowlers to be on top of the country!

Stoppel,

To answer some of your questions from someone from the female team... being my first year... and having bowled youth twice... (In my opinion) i hated it. I found it difficult to express issues from fear of sitting on the bench, didn't feel i could communicate with my captain nor coach due to their relationship. And to be quite blunt, i know a couple of the girls didn't feel apart of the team at all.

Some of the girls weren't a fan of walking but it didnt matter to me as i smacked my ankle in nationals and couldn't walk anyway!! but from what i've noticed and heard.. some girls wont express their opinions due to what has happened in previous year's when they did.

When i asked about a ball change i wasn't helped simply told there was no room for error and it would be my fault if i stuffed up.

Improvements for next year.... listen to what the bowlers want not just one or two!!

What is the meaning of team.... some of us missed out on lunch because we chose to not go to the bowl for the desperado squad... and they didnt want to pick us up, rather told to walk down to the shops ourselves

I expect criticism for my comments, but that's life!!

Danielle

Elliott,

Did I get that right this time.........

I see where your coming from, well actually no I don't because we didn't have this problem or problems around when I bowled rachuig.

As far as the walking warm down bit I don't agree it should be compulsory, I say it now anyone who feels they need to do this to help them then go for it, I , who have never down this my entire life shouldn't be expected to comply with this......Was this compulsory or not! You tell me.
I certainly didn't do it all year round so why should I be expected to do it there!
But I , as I said before each to there own.

Some coaches sure are a little bias to there own, and shouldn't show it to the rest. No favoritism!
As far as the bus goes.........everyone paid what $150 ???? everyone should be given the chance to stay longer to watch bowling or mingle with other people if they want and not rushed out when they think it's right. Discuss it, thats all it takes.
As quoted
When i asked about a ball change i wasn't helped simply told there was no room for error and it would be my fault if i stuffed up.
Well that's what I call support right !!!
Shouldn't be like that.

It's ashame that Brenton D. is retiring from rachuig, because while Brenton is Brenton, he can bowl, and the depth just keeps getting smaller!

Just thinking about all the bylaws that everyone has to abide by while there, for a short moment there I thought we were talking about President shield not Rachuig.

The local TBA should be starting to rethink there stance on the Rafferty Rules they apply to the "ADULTS" (kids) and try to get some bowlers back to the game, I mean they do want to win right!!!

cheers

Tony

I may cop flack for this but here goes…This thread was moved by one of the sites moderators, and has messaged me to say that this may get out of hand…That Moderator may be right but I am hoping you can all prove me wrong just once…;)

At this stage questions asked have been answered and have had no personal attacks on anyone in particular…The sport won’t survive if people don’t speak up and help with change, and quite frankly people in the higher places, Captains, Coaches, Managers and also the Board do need to listen and understand what the bowlers want as they are the ones paying the money to represent there states…

I know for a fact other states are now listing to the bowlers as they now start to understand that they aren’t dealing with children for one and the fact that these Adults are giving up their time and money for the sport so they need to be listened to and not dictated to…I am not trying to tell you what to do or how to run your state down there as every state has their own problems, just suggesting that this thread could be used wisely to come up with some great suggestions…

Here is a suggestion…Why don’t you set up a separate Rachuig committee consisting of a player representative from each current Men’s and Ladies team, someone from the board and perhaps the managers who can help VOTE on grey areas and this may help everyone understand the satiations…

Either way, try to use this thread wisely and try not let it get out of hand and personal so I have to remove it…

Stoppel,

As far as the walking goes there was a compulsory walk at 6:30 am on the sunday morning of our nationals squads.. the day after it had taken an hour and a half to get from the airport to the bowl and then two hours waiting for dinner that night.. we got home around 11ish (I believe) and were expected to get up at 6:30 the next morning!! Everyone walked, some futher then others, as myself and some others fell off after we had enough. And there was one other walk we were asked to do, i couldn't parttake due to my ankle and some others had done some shoppping or were wearing inapprpriate shoes and didnt walk.. but trust me they heard about it.

just a few more comments.. for those people reading this post and wondering why i didnt talk to a manager about my issues.. the answer is well I DID!! but nothing was done, so what more can i do??

I just want rachuig to be as enjoyable as possible for all those people who are considering to bowl it, I would that for them to spend their money like i did and feel as though they had wasted it.

Danielle

As someone who is aspiring to Rachuig in a couple more years how do you find out the team/managers/coaches requirements so that an informed decision can be made whether to try out or pull out of the team before investing too much money or time into something that is not suitable for me.

Danielle

I think this the exact reason they don't get alot of bowler trying out for Rachuig anymore. Why spend all that money & don't even get a say what happens. Some people will always get treated better then others - this is a Fact. The only people say this it not true are the people that get treated right. (aka the privilege ones)

I am sure most of the bowlers just want to go away have alot of fun & let their hair down & Bowl there guts for the State. All this warm down & stupid exercise is wrong. As long as you can get on the lane & do your thing & do it to the best of your abilty thats all that should matter.

A Little off the subject - I have a friend who is an olympic class fitness in cycling (he also study's fitness at uni) & he would put most people in Bowling to shame, he would proablly ride about 100 km each day - that's light work some days 150 km. I Took him & a few others bowling the other day - by the end of 3 games he was stuffed - I was just warming up. He was not suprised by this as he is aware of fitness for the sport you are in. It is already been proven the stretching has no benifit to injury. rant rant - you get my drift.

We are not kids & until we are treated like Adult's then best will not return.

Dave Kuhn

Mannah wrote....
As someone who is aspiring to Rachuig in a couple more years how do you find out the team/managers/coaches requirements so that an informed decision can be made whether to try out or pull out of the team before investing too much money or time into something that is not suitable for me.

Totally agree more info should re stated upfront of what's required, but I also believe a bit of flexibility should exist.

Xballs wrote...
All this warm down & stupid exercise is wrong. As long as you can get on the lane & do your thing & do it to the best of your abilty thats all that should matter.

I believe as I have said if the individual feels comfortable doing what ever exercise they need to achieve there result then so be it, all great, but the ones that have gone through there life not wanting to do this and still being able to acheive results should have the right not to participate in them.

We are not kids & until we are treated like Adult's then best will not return.

Agreed.............

cheers

Tony

Lyn,

Before i went away for rachuig i had heard many bad things about it, many comments included the fact that i would hate it and never bowl again... nevertheless i went in with an open mind and attitude and treated it like any other state team i had bowled.... the problem is you dont know what to expect from rachuig, team mates and managers until you get there. Hopefully next year (2008) the management team will be decided before the roll off's and their expectations of the bowlers known as well. Unfortunatly i dont think this will be the case... as a result i think many people (males and females alike) will be deterred from rolling off.

Danielle

I would hate to think there are other top level bowlers out there are not even bother trying out because of certain management position are held by unliked people.

Is this the case, and are the local TBA even interested into what people think or is it all there way or the highway

cheers

Tony

Just a quick question Tony/Jase/ anyone with knowledge on the issue.. has anything i said breached the code of conduct because I am continually being threatened with it. I dont feel I have breached it, in fact havent mentioned any names or slandered TBA or haven't brought TBA into disrepute..... does the code of conduct override Australia's free speech policy??

And thanks to those who have sent me emails (you know who you are), whom have told me to expect punishment from TBA but as mentioned above have i actually said anything or named anyone?... you make your own presumtions, all i have done is tell the truth which obviously doesnt sit well with some! If i dont voice an opinion then who will!!! It needs to be changed for the future and i see no point doing it behind closed doors. why put on a brave face when everything is clearly NOT peachy.

And once again the meaning of this site is to discuss issues and improve bowling in our state, but i ask how will that get done if we cant first confront the issues??

thanks,

Danielle

Back
Top Bottom