Rachuig S.A.

Hi Strop,
nope my parents dont know im up this late,I also dont bowl,but I do enjoy watching good bowlers,who knows maybe Im just a figment of my own imagination.it was just my own opion.

Just one question Tony, Why dont you bowl Rachuig anymore?

Not that anyone wants to see too many Lefties in the players area, but just curious.

I havent tried out since 97 and I have my reasons in my State just would like to hear yours

Tony,
I have stopped myself from replying to any of your posts so far, but this time i need to say something.....
All these things that you have said maybe true, (about the contract etc..) but hang on a minute, I don't see you trying to get on to the TBA SA divsion Board to do something about it. It's all the people that keep bitching like you are on this gutless forum that are keeping the sport in this state from proceeding forward! So instead of bagging the way things are being done, how about YOU try and do something about it. If you start the ball rolling, who knows, maybe people who feel the same might follow in the same direction. No dout alot of people feel the same way you do but don't have the balls to do something about it either!!!

Martina
P.S - When was your last Rachuig? You may have posted it, but hey, this bulls*&t topic has gone on for too long who can remember what the original topic was!!

Agro has read the contract yet again tonight and is still unsure as to whether it really is worth going through all the heartache again this year with Rachuig trials.
Like Tony I have some questions regarding certain areas. Firstly, I would ask why the
State board has the right to distribute any
fundraising amounts / sponsorships as they
see fit.
Surely this would remain the right of the initial sponsor or does this rule in fact mean sponsorship will be refused if it is made available to one team and not the other.
I am not against Rachuig and have supported
it for many years. Please wake up South Australia and dare to be different.
Over the past weeks we have seen 2 of this States best bowlers (Hunt and Spencer) overlooked for National selection. My guess is that some of the reason is our State has
never really been taken seriously. Perhaps its time to take a good long look at bowling
in Australia. This is our chance to be a leader in the recovery. Bowling requires balls. So does pulling this State out of the
doldrums.

Keep em rolling
Agro.

Well As you can see I have deleted most of my post...but will stand by my original post. Unfortunatley we have a lot of pathetic people in this state that don't make much of a contribution to this sport.....we have bowlers who live for this game but are unwilling to comment on this subject....why...you tell me!!
There is those select few guy's who are still left in trying, and will keep making the rachuig team..not making much comment here..so your either happy with the way things are or don't want any repercussion on what they say. For those brave enough to speak I salute you...since this the land of free speech (I think). I will say this much for those that are happy with the way things are going...then good luck...I don't see the way things are going here getting any better yet, but still on the way down.......
Good luck to ya! I see the first rachuig trial is at my little weekend workplace down south....I have requested not to work the day shift but work that night...so I can come down earlier to watch the elite of this state do what they do best....
Have a good one...!
strop

Strop
If u were still enjoying bowling Rachuig would u be able to justify the $2000 cost

I think u have just answered the question as to why the numbers are dropping off in the sport. Its not the bitchyness or the fact that some can break rules and others not, or weather theres a contract or not to be signed. Its the cost and the change in peoples priorities going from bowling being number one in their life to way down the list its just that it happens at different ages, for some its 19 or 20 others much later and some never.

WELL, ITS GOOD 2 C THAT SOME PEOPLE IN THIS STATE HAVE SOME PRETTY THOUGHTS ON WHAT IS GOING ON HERE. (AND THAT THEY LIVE 4 BOWLING). I GUESS SOMTHINGS NEVER CHANGE. I MEAN WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF U COULD JUST ALL ROCK UP AT RACHUIG AND BOWL, NOT BITCH, COMPLAIN, MOAN, ETC, WHAT THE OTHER PERSON/PEOPLES R DOING. AS 4 THIS CONTRACT THING THATS STUPID! I THINK (& HOPE) THAT WE ARE ALL OLD ENOUGH 2 KNOW HOW TO PERFORM AWAY (AND DURING QUALIFYING). I REALISE THAT (DONT TAKE OFFENSE) THE R 2 (MAYBE MORE) "ELDER" PEOPLE RUNNING THIS SHOW (AND R DOING A GREAT JOB I MUST SAY), BUT IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT THE "YOUNGER" PEOPLE GOT UP OFF THE BACKSIDES AND "GET THEIR HANDS DIRTY"

Please!!

As I say you've got to be kidding...
Just a few quotes that are, well........

QUOTE AGRO:

I prefer fact and what I have written is ALL fact. It is probably irking some people that I have so many of the facts. I make that my job.

Well AGRO, if you were doing your JOB as you call it, you would know about the following and be a little embarrassed at your obvious lack of FACTS!!!!

QUOTE AGRO:

I struggle to find anywhere in the history of S.A. Rachuig any person who turned up for actual Rachuig blind drunk or in fact degraded the teams whilst away. That sort of carry on is usually done BEFORE the teams even get out of S.A.

AGRO, it may not have been at Rachuig, but as soon as the team has rolled off you are a part of the Elite Team (so they say).

Which means that any comp or tournament you are representing your Team in should be done with respect and dignity etc.

You obviously were not at the State Team Challenge last year to witness our Elite Mens Rachuig Team turn up half cut from the night before..... (Great example of Elite Bowlers wouldn't you say).....

Degrading your Team, you must have been walking around with your head in the sandpit to have not heard the antics of one Martina Smith whilst away representing her State Team.... Degrading isn't the word most people used.....

QUOTE STROP:

The Athelete....(haha obviously the slimmer ones) must wear uniforms at all times and conduct yourself in a manner that will not lower the standing of the uniform..... Mmmmmmmm

Well STROP, this rule is not only laughable but just down right unobtainable by some team members....

QUOTE AGRO:

Stand back and look at why you are doing it. If you cant find the desire and passion to want to be a PART of a TEAM then why waste your time and that of those who do.

Unfortunately AGRO, from what I have seen this state has bowlers that think they deserve to be there and don't really give a S*&t about being a PART OF A TEAM!

QUOTE MATT_DA_BRATT:

i agreed with him because Brad happens to be in my wed night team as anchor and he has let the team down by being at "other places".

To MATT_DA_BRATT, I think whatever this Brad and you have going on need not be involved in the discussions of Rachiug SA. I am sure by the time you are old enough for Rachiug this S(*& will still be happening so don't grow up too quick...

QUOTE IT’S A MYSTERY:

I think u have just answered the question as to why the numbers are dropping off in the sport. Its not the bitchyness or the fact that some can break rules and others not.

IT's A Mystery, you don't think so hey, take a closer look at this state and you may be a little surprised who ever you are.... For most of the bowlers that go out and try out every year it has little to do with the cost or they wouldn't turn up every year!!!!!!!

QUOTE MS:

It's all the people that keep bitching like you are on this gutless forum that are keeping the sport in this state from proceeding forward! So instead of bagging the way things are being done, how about YOU try and do something about it.

Good advise MS, shame you can't do as you say!! Around the traps you are the one with the most opinions and biggest mouth (but don't actually do any good with your thoughts, just hang back like the rest of them and watch it crumble)......

Some thoughts for those of you who are once again going to try out for the illustrious pleasure of representing your state.

Goodluck to all.

icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_confused.gif

hey tony,
winning for your state in rachuig is important as is presidents shield. on our shelf we have both a rachuig and a presidents shield medalion from 1988. They are in the centre of all of our other medals and ones we value the most.

Well folks I have sat back and read all the responses to Tony's first post. Whilst I have never been, or for that matter never will be a Rachuig bowler, I think the bottom line is that we have to accept change. People are different and run things differently. As for signing a Contract, well I haven't seen the Contract but no matter, you have three choices, you either disagree and refuse to bowl, disagree, but accept the conditions and adhere to them, or just plain accept the conditions of the Contract.

The Rachuig teams are people representing their State, what an honour, and if rules and regulations have to be followed, then so be it. The adults are the role models for the up and coming juniors. Bowling Rachuig might be as far as you will ever go in bowling, but for those good enough, it could lead to bowling for your country. None of us like being told what we should or should not be doing, but the fact of life is that every day we have to adhere to rules and regulations. Every time we hop into the car, we have to drive according to the road rules, otherwise we suffer the consequences. Every day we have to adhere to what our boss tells us to do, whether we agree or not and unless you are the boss, it is a fact of life that rules are made to be followed. Rachuig should be no different. The thing that comes to the fore more than anything else is the drinking or rather non drinking of alcohol during the tournament. So what if you can't have a drink for three days, and if you find that hard, then maybe you are trying out for Rachuig for all the wrong reasons. The Rachuig dinner is the place maybe to let your hair down, all over red rover, drown your sorrows, or celebrate a victory. I have been to three Rachuig dinners, and it seems no-one really cares who gets inebriated there, because everyone knows the tournament is over, time to party and why not.

I look at Rachuig as a stepping stone to bigger things. Sure most bowlers will never make FIQ, but without the hardening of match play between you and your peers from other States, you won't gain the necessary experience to be noticed by selectors.

As for the expense of Rachuig to SA bowlers, yeah I agree, it is a pity they don't get help from sponsors etc., but the positive side of it is that at least you know the bowlers trying out and who can afford to pay their way, are doing it for the right reasons. Gone are the days when you would hear that he or she is only trying out for a "free holiday". Haven't you heard of fund raising???? Last year Jo and Ally had a fundraising evening - a quiz night. It was a great evening and those two gals really worked hard to get the evening under way and make it a huge success. They made almost enough money to cover their expenses and had fun doing it. Anyway, that's my piece, whether you agree with me or not is up to you, but the bottom line is, you are part of a team, you adhere to the rules.

Oh just one more thing I would like to say. The two ladies who run the organisation are doing it because they love bowling, everyone is forgetting that they do this because they love the sport of ten-pin bowling and do not get any payment for it, so if anyone out there thinks they can do a better job - "Go For It".

Heather S

Well Well Well, "You've got to be kidding"
Doesn't everyone deserve a second chance.
You might bag Martina but she has put the runs on the Boards lately.
She is doing SA proud at the moment.
Sometimes you have to put up with so much crap that you say things you may not mean and I am sure we are all guilty of that.
I am glad she has another chance to prove to everyone that she can do what is expected.

Well Youve got to be Kidding
That was the point i was trying to make while bowling is No 1 in their lives they will keep turning up no matter what the cost or the rules.
Its when other things take over the No 1 placing in their lives the cost and the rules become a factor

To all readers and people who post to this Site........

The only way we are going to take the spotlight off of this state and be better thought of by our interstate peers is to start with some positivity.

I WOULD LIKE TO APPEAL TO ALL.....IGNORE STROP, let him have his whinge, but, DO NOT REPLY. Tony is enjoying stirring the pot at the moment....let him do it but without any response soon enough he might just GO AWAY.

We are already under the spotlight, let's slowly turn this around by staying AWAY from controversial posts on this WORLD WIDE website.

What's done is done, but progression is about moving forward.........It all starts here.......It's up to you all to contribute.

And as for you Tony, if you can't stay away then please don't post under other alias names such as Agro!

Jo

Lets all just get on with the bowling and leave the politics to Canberra.

Good luck to all those trying out for Rachuig
this year.

Back
Top Bottom