State Representation 2009

Under normal circumstances I would not respond to this thread, however I felt it unfair for certain individuals to be attacked on this website in defence of VicTenpins.

Let me start by saying, VicTenpins communicates information relating to tenpin bowling under its control via its own website or the TBA website.

I appreciate Totalbowling provides a service to bowlers, of which I am a forum member and regular visitor. However VicTenpins will not use the forum to answer questions or discuss policy.

As a demonstration of our understanding of distance and the engagement of country bowlers, the Victorian State Championships are conducted in a country centre every three years - subject to a country centre accepting our invitation to host. For 2010, we are yet to receive an application.

Yours sincerely
Grant Eadie
TBA State Manager-Victoria

Grant I will understand if you can't reply to this question here but I thought if you or Jason are allowed to it will get viewed by more people than just the ones willing to jump onto the Vic tenpins webiste.

As you don't have a reply from a country centre as yet can you tell us if Vic Tenpins have a minimum amount of lanes requirement for the host centre to meet and also if VIC Tenpins itself have approached any non Melbourne metro centre as a possible host for the 2010 champs as yet. As I assume these things usually need to be planned 12 months in advance.

since I am from Canberra and not from Victoria my post may be dismissed as inconsequential, however I thought I would just add a few things to the discussion. I believe (and I may be corrected on this) that the TBA decided that each state was to have a development squad, however the actual running of it would be up to the individual states, so this is not instigated by VicTenpin. This is the second year we have had one in operation in the ACT and I might just add that one benefit Victorians have over us is that the physical requirement in Victoria is dependant on age and gender, the ACT is NOT. Our physical requirement is dependant solely on gender, meaning that a 50-year old is required to have the same physical pass mark as an 18-year old. Make what you like of that, but it is a fact and we have all had to deal with it. Whilst I agree we do not have the added cost of travel that many country Victorians do, we have reduced our number of entrants based solely on the physical requirements. It appears to me that all states will be in a similar situation before too much longer and the best needs to be made of it.

Maybe once the applicants are decided upon then the training schedule will be announced and will cater to all, so best to apply if you are interested and then see whether or not it suits rather than getting hot under the collar when all the answers are not there to be seen just yet.

sorry if I have upset anyone, but appear to be on a rant-fest today.

at the end of the day, the proof will be in the pudding

if its a success it will be measured by 2 things

** performance of team

** amount of participants

i may not agree with what is happening, but i always want victoria winning rachuig, thats what i grew up to know, i think i was bowling 10 years before we lost one

that was back when we just trialled and it was first 7 past the post and 100+ people turned up to play ;)

Like most NEW things introduced to our sport time will be required to give it a chance to work. You might like the format or you dont. The one simple fact is that you the BOWLER have the right to choose to bowl under the new format or you have the right to refuse to enter........the choice is yours.:rolleyes:

As a proud Victorian,:D bowling, managing or coaching Victorian teams in the past has always been an Honour and that is the Buzz about being involved with any State Reprentative teams.

So if money is an issue dont bowl. :(:(:(

But remember that these people sitting on these committees give up a lot of time and money just to attend these meetings once a month and on top of that they all attend the championships, trials for all the various State teams plus attend most practice sessions etc. These people spend more time and money than anyone trying or making a State team just Bowling.

Maybe Vic Tenpins should charge more for trying out for a State team, that way we would encourage bowlers who are 100% committed to supporting our GREAT State teams.:);):)

Back
Top Bottom