State Representation 2009

Everyone is angry and it still isn't clear what a training squad is, nor where. It may very well be that once they know where squad members are located they send a coach to different areas to assess groups or for those that already have coaches that a reporting system would be put into place. Keep an open mind and if you are interested register for the training squads and see what happens. TBA and States are trying to keep processes transparent and in line with other sports. We have all made sacrifices of time, money and lifestyles for this sport but if what I know about these plans comes good well we will all have a sport with a higher profile. Keep an open mind and you'll see it won't ever be about who they like or dislike anymore. There are alot of people bitter about the past but this is about the future. For many years we have been slowed down and hopefully it won't take to long to lift our game but it won't happen overnight.
Just don't sit in the back row and throw stones.

Dozza:coolthumb:

Glad to see every one has an interest in this but I hope it generates what I put it here for: that is more bowlers trying out for representative teams.

Craig: I think you should attempt to contact Jan Solomon or Vic Tenpins with regards to entering the squad.

For the others who enquired about if they have to be a member of the squad to try out for state teams, don't take my word for gospel but I expect the answer is: YES!

Also on another note I recall the final trial for Rachuig in 2003 was held at Bendigo so all Melbournites had to travel away for the weekend. Now we probably need to get a lot more Regional Victorian bowlers to enter the state training squad and attempt to roll off for the state teams before it will be viable to farm around the trials and / or training squad sessions around the state.

I don't know myself if this will be the final solution but let's all give it a go. Good luck to all who decide to take the plunge an don't forget the State Championships.

Everyone is angry

I'm not angry, just concerned

it still isn't clear what a training squad is, nor where. TBA and States are trying to keep processes transparent

Keeping the training squad locations and details from us is NOT being very transparent now is it. Maybe they're waiting to see how many bowlers pony up the $50.00 before confirming details.

...if what I know about these plans comes good well we will all have a sport with a higher profile.

Why don't you let the cat out of the bag and give us a reason to hope?

Dozza:coolthumb:

I love this sport and because of that I refuse to sit still while others are given the runaround. Everything i do or say is for the good of ALL bowlers, not just a chosen few.

Also on another note I recall the final trial for Rachuig in 2003 was held at Bendigo so all Melbournites had to travel away for the weekend.

Thats a hours travel. Travel an hour from Mildura and you are still 3 hours away from the closest bowl and still 5 hours away from Melbourne. Please.

Deano

They all seem to think Vicoria stops at Bendigo Deano. Until they wake up to themselves we will always have to put up with this sort of ****.

Damn .... I should have put money on that happening!

This is why I should learn to read this forum and not post and then
I wouldn't cop a rock in the back of the head.

I will remain optimistic and positive and help where I can.

Love to All from Dozza :smiley.php:

Oh do you feel the love.

2003 Deveer team travelled to Sale super bowl for a weekend of practice and bonding. (bonding not bondage) More than an hour travelled there.

Phil

Craig its a pity that you dont really understand about the travel situation. Try doin it before being sarcastic. This is why us country people dont try out for these things. Im quite sure we could put a team together that would be equal to what the city could.

Dean

does anyone know when these applications were posted? this is the first I've heard that you had to be part of this to be eligible for a state team.

Both sides got merit to their argument but I think Rob's post made lots of sense. It won't be easy to have a "perfect venue" to keep both parties happy. How about we have one roll off for the country bowlers and one roll off for the city bowlers. Both the top qualifiers bowl against each other to make the state team. If a country bowler makes the team, the state should subsidies some of the country bowlers travel expenses since we now know the state body is getting some percentage of our sanctioning fees. I am sure most city bowlers wouldn't mind the state helping these country bowlers with their travel expenses for training and bonding. It will no longer be poor vs rich or country vs city.
It will be our STATE TEAM :)
Just my five cents worth.
Alex

Craig its a pity that you dont really understand about the travel situation. Try doin it before being sarcastic. This is why us country people dont try out for these things. Im quite sure we could put a team together that would be equal to what the city could.

Dean

I do understand the travel situation and continually feel for the country bowlers. I do see where you guys are coming from. To continually need to ask for time off work to travel to Melbourne (or elsewhere) to bowl in things would be quite difficult and frustrating for both yourself and your employer.
I know that I feel a little guilty about knocking off in an hour to ensure I get enough rest to bowl in S.A. tomorrow (as I'm driving).

I look at the quality of bowlers in the country and would like to see a city v country challenge within this state at some point.

Sorry for the little dig, there was no harm intended.

I hope Mildura marathon is on at a suitable time for me this year so I can travel up and take part.

Craig

It seems there is alot of knockers to the whole training squad idea and i am not sure if many of the people on here who have posted have the states best intentions at heart.
I for one am not a massive fan of the training idea as i am a strong believer that we are in a sport where to get the best out of everyone they need different types of training some less some more,i for one am for the less training is better for my game which is proven over the last few years where i have trained less and achieved more?
Also i think that to get the best team possible for this state we need the best country bowlers bowling and would have no problem with lets say the all star teams from country cup having their application fee wavered and giving them a personal invite to compete and try out and would also have no problems helping them out with a room at my place if the training session was held in melbourne.
we have a strong history of some great team performances at state level and i am sure this can continue!!!!
To all who are giving it a go enjoy the experience i know i have and have enjoyed every minute of rachuig the good and the bad
cheers

....Still waiting to hear what Dozza knows about the plans....

Love you too Doriana :)

Wayne,
Why would Dozza know anything about the plans for the training squad? Nominations for this squad has only just closed.

Once Victenpins know how many people are interested then they can organise where the training sessions are to be held.

Most of February will be taken up with the State Championships so you can assume it won't be during February.

They will probably have the training sessions after the President Shield which is in early April.

If you are so concerned about the interests of all bowlers why don't you contact Victenpins and ask the question rather than posting what you think is going to happen.

Wayne,
Why would Dozza know anything about the plans for the training squad? Nominations for this squad has only just closed.

In an earlier post #61 in this thread Dozza said she knew of the plans

Once Victenpins know how many people are interested then they can organise where the training sessions are to be held.

Most of February will be taken up with the State Championships so you can assume it won't be during February.
They will probably have the training sessions after the President Shield which is in early April.

If you are so concerned about the interests of all bowlers why don't you contact Victenpins and ask the question rather than posting what you think is going to happen.

Which is exactly what you just did!

Wayne there are no secrets. I have just asked questions. Simple. In case you would like to be better informed and put a stop to your rambling here are the links to the contacts if you can be bothered. Picking on me is not very flattering, its laughable.

http://hosting3.sportingpulse.com/www.tenpin.org.au/index.php?id=17
http://victenpins.com.au/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

Dozza

once again..instead of wasting time typing that, why can't you make your fingers hit the keys which will spell out what you know. To quote what Gillian said to me 5 or 6 times over the phone the other day..."wayne, it's not your responsibility to look after the other bowlers", so I don't think a phone call from me would be appreciated.

If the TBA and VicTenpins have no secrets, shouldn't this information be on their websites or in their press releases?

There is no conspiracy to delude anyone here. There are no secret plans. And just maybe you should listen to Gillian because she is a very intelligent woman. My knowledge of anything at all is through personal discussions with many people. Generally about visions and hopes of where things should go. To repeat anything here would be an opportunity to quote each line and take them out of content and I won't provide you with the pleasure.

Glenn it's obvious that what you said will be right so time will tell the outcome.

Good luck to those that have registered for the State Training Squads.

Doriana

Ding Ding - Round over :rolleyes:

...And just maybe you should listen to Gillian because she is a very intelligent woman. :

Perhaps Gillian should familiarise herself with the TBA rulebook before making decisions which contravene the written rules. Rule 812 would be a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom