State Representation 2009

OMG! I've just rung the Bowling Police and they should be knocking on her door soon. They will throw away the key for sure.

(Sorry for boring any readers here but this is fun! Sort of fun you have when you go to the zoo.)

Dozza

For those who dont know who I am ..... Mick Carlsson is my name .....
I seem to have alot of visitors to my profile for some reason.
Some I know but some I thought would never need to see.

So much for having an opinon..... !!!!!!

For those who dont know who I am ..... Mick Carlsson is my name .....
I seem to have alot of visitors to my profile for some reason.
Some I know but some I thought would never need to see.

So much for having an opinon..... !!!!!!

Cool. Well done

Wayne can you please explain what rule 812 has to do with the State Training Squad?

Absolutely nothing Grant...
But it does have something to do with the way the TBA disregards its own written rules and chooses to ignore blatant rule violations...
The point I'm trying to make is this....what is the point of even having a governing/ruling body if they can't even follow or enforce their own rules.

I can't understand why so many 'highly placed' people within the industry are opposed to me voicing my opinion....what's your take on the State training Squad and the new parameters for Rachuig representation?
Can you enlighten us all and tell us whether or not there is any possibility of a training session or two being held in country Victoria this year?

OMG! I've just rung the Bowling Police and they should be knocking on her door soon. They will throw away the key for sure.

(Sorry for boring any readers here but this is fun! Sort of fun you have when you go to the zoo.)

Dozza

in regards to Rule 812,

RULE 812 FEES AND PRIZES
a. DESIGNATION OF FEES
The management of any accredited tournament must in all cases designate fees separately on the entry form and poster as follows:
Prize Fee
Bowling Fee
Tournament Expense Fee
Total, per man, per event

The “tournament expense fee” will be used to help defray the operating costs.
Additional collections such as those for All Events, special feature or membership dues will conform to Rules 813 and 814. Also other collections to qualify for participation in the tournament such as donations to charity, subscriptions or banquet fees may be authorised providing these fees are
designated separately on the entry form and poster.

Does Werribee Bowl publish the entry fee breakdown on their accredited tournament entry forms/flyers/posters? I can't recall seeing it on your entry forms.

Thanks Ian I was just about to say the same thing. Seems like one colorful and eloquent post was for nothing.
Lets wait and see what the next retort could be.
What better way to start the day than with a little giggle.

Dozza :whistling:

OK..I was wrong about rule 812. That little notation escaped my gaze and since it wasn't shown along with, or even on the same page as rule 812, I didn't see it. Please accept my apology Doriana and let's move on to another debate on another subject. I'm sure I'll come up with something soon enough. :)

in regards to people travelling there was a quote a few posts back imagine living in queensland ? when i bowled in deveer the one thing that impressed me was there was two qld sides queensland and south queensland now thats an association that knew how to capatalise on there bowlers giving them what they needed an oppertunity to represent there state!! having a melb metro team and a melb country team would be the best way to solve this situation in every other sport i have played football soccer netball [Thats mixed no jokes]and cricket there has always been a metro side and country side for there national championships i have been apart of both country and metro as for the state squad its a great idea for bowlers who want to learn about there sport i know i enjoyed my time in deveer thanks to chris messagno he helped me understand my game and made me enjoy the game winning or losing !!!!!!
just my two cents

.......Grant

I can't understand why so many 'highly placed' people within the industry are opposed to me voicing my opinion....what's your take on the State training Squad and the new parameters for Rachuig representation?
Can you enlighten us all and tell us whether or not there is any possibility of a training session or two being held in country Victoria this year?

I know Grant read this forum about an hour ago....why he chose not to post an answer is anyone's guess. Maybe he needs permission from the TBA first.

in regards to people travelling there was a quote a few posts back imagine living in queensland ? when i bowled in deveer the one thing that impressed me was there was two qld sides queensland and south queensland now thats an association that knew how to capatalise on there bowlers giving them what they needed an oppertunity to represent there state!! having a melb metro team and a melb country team would be the best way to solve this situation in every other sport i have played football soccer netball [Thats mixed no jokes]and cricket there has always been a metro side and country side for there national championships i have been apart of both country and metro as for the state squad its a great idea for bowlers who want to learn about there sport i know i enjoyed my time in deveer thanks to chris messagno he helped me understand my game and made me enjoy the game winning or losing !!!!!!
just my two cents

Cam

That was when the presiding body had at least a little common sense but sure enough they grew out of it pretty quickly! Any one who has been to North QLD knows it is a different country to BrisVegas so I thought it was a smart and fair way of managing the QLD representative situation as after all it is 2000 odd km's distance between the two.

However as I have said before they lost that common sense due to their relentlessly blind efforts to cater to the Australian Sports Commission that may I point out do absolutely jack**** for bowling in this country. Now go figure! I always thought like 99% of the rest of the population that if it is not broken then don't fix it but of course the TBA are in that 1% it seems that must after all be right, NOT!

However I don't think they can validly do this for Victoria as you can drive around the whole state in a day. It is a real catch 22 here the whole City vs Country venue situation. Now if not many country bowlers enter then their is little justification for holidng the event in a country centre then again it is unfair to expect the country bowlers to always travel to Melbourne. Let's hope that a fair and equitable balance can be found that encourages all to want to enter.

However I don't think they can validly do this for Victoria as you can drive around the whole state in a day. It is a real catch 22 here the whole City vs Country venue situation. Now if not many country bowlers enter then their is little justification for holidng the event in a country centre then again it is unfair to expect the country bowlers to always travel to Melbourne. Let's hope that a fair and equitable balance can be found that encourages all to want to enter.

Terry
I'm going to assume you mean drive to Melbourne from anywhere in the state in a day. But that is one way, if you try Mildura or Sale or Warrnambool to Melbourne, be expected to bowl to the best of your ability for a sustained time frame, then drive home - you're asking for an accident.

On the subject of we'll see how many enter then decide where we'll go, isnt that a bit of a chicken and egg theory. If you don't give people a fair chance of expecting a training session 'fair to everyone', they wont enter. If not enough enter, there's no hope of getting a training session 'fair to everyone'.

Its not an easy answer, even having a Country team still poses logistical problems.
Just hope a fair and reasonable decision is made that gives those who want to represent their state the opportunity to try.

As usual, it will all come down to choices.
The objective is to send the best team possible.

As i havent been apart of a state team in awhile and have only just returned to the sport its a shame to see what has happened. I have alot of friends and contacts in adminastration of many other sports who deal with this with this whole city vs country problem state rep problems travelling logistics trying to keep everyone happy is an impossible thing someone will always get there nose out of joint maybe its time too look at other sports and see how they manage these situations

last Year i was apart of the VCSA(victorian churches soccer association) we in the past had the same problems getting people involed trying to please everyone making sure we had the best people representing the state at our national carnival. In the past it was who could ever come up with the money to go if we couldnt fill the team last year we for the first time i could remember did not send a male seniors team i had tried out with nine others at the time but the association decided not to send a undermanned team which would have got slaughtered they did what was best for the association as upset with the decision as we where we understood the reasoning behind it but it will always be in the back of my mind WHY SHOULD I BOTHER GOING FOR THE TRIALS NEXT YEAR AFTER THIS DEBACLE and im not the only one . i love my bowling i enjoy it a hell of a lot i was hoping to tryout for a state rep positon this year but it seems like who ever has the money to attended all of the pre requiments (which is not bad thing ) are the ones that will be the front runners be they the best bowlers in the state or not
Terry when you look at it other sports seem to cope with the logistics these days but it wasnt easier to start with they have a leg up on bowling because they dealt with this problem before it got out of control as much as i have respect for jan and denece and the rest of the organisiation its time for heads to be pulled out of the sand and deal with this problem as much as i hate saying it this sport is dying in this state and country which is a shame

But anyone trying for the state teams this good luck enjoy i found it to a great time and i will give it another go but not this year

Under normal circumstances I would not respond to this thread, however I felt it unfair for certain individuals to be attacked on this website in defence of VicTenpins.

Let me start by saying, VicTenpins communicates information relating to tenpin bowling under its control via its own website or the TBA website.

I appreciate Totalbowling provides a service to bowlers, of which I am a forum member and regular visitor. However VicTenpins will not use the forum to answer questions or discuss policy.

Bowlers wishing to discuss any matter are welcome to contact VicTenpins via email or telephone. Alternatively, you are welcome to attend a branch meeting where we allocate time to answer questions from the bowlers of Victoria. Dates, times and venues for these meeting will shortly be available on the website.

Since the restructure of the State Board in December 2008, we have been working extremely hard on formulating a new operational plan which includes better program delivery to country Victoria.

Anyone who believes the VicTenpins Board does not have an understanding of distance let me assure you this is not the case. Three of our Board members travel from Shepparton, Morwell and Albury.

As a demonstration of our understanding of distance and the engagement of country bowlers, the Victorian State Championships are conducted in a country centre every three years - subject to a country centre accepting our invitation to host. For 2010, we are yet to receive an application.

Additional, Board members of the VicTenpins and the State Training Squad will be at the Country Cup and Country Championships to answer questions about the State Training Squad, Pathways, Coaching Opportunities, and questions relating to bowling in Victoria.

The State Training Squad Policy and application form has been posted on the VicTenpins website since January 2008 and will provide a clear pathway for athlete’s wishing to participate in the State team roll offs at all levels.

Applications are still open for those athletes who have not previously completed a nomination form. Any adult or senior athlete wishing to compete in team roll offs for this year’s Rachuig and Seniors Challenge or considering nominating should do so before the start of this State Championships.

Additional information on the squad is available from Jason Taafe, State Coaching Director. Jason can be contacted at Werribee SuperBowl.

Details of training sessions, dates and venues will be given to State Training Squad members during the State Championships in February.

The perception of Tenpin Bowling in some circles is slowly changing from a recreation activity to a Sport. Along with change comes a new responsibility to the athlete and our Principal Partner, Department of Sport and Recreation.

VicTenpins always considers the cost of participation to the athlete. However with limited funding, training, program delivery and education often comes at a premium.

Special thanks should go to the dedicated volunteers around the State who devote their own time and money in the interests of Tenpin Bowling in Victoria.

Yours sincerely
Grant Eadie
TBA State Manager-Victoria

My apololgies grant but i only named two people that i knew back when i was a state rep
there was no attack on these people in my post i have the upmost respect for denece and jan and the rest of the organisation as being a adminastrator in my two sports at this present moment i can relate to the pressures that the association must be feeling from it members but as i said in my post people will get there noses out of joint but it comes with making the tough decisions as i have found out recently

so once again there was no personal attack on the committee members or the association on my behalf

Thanks Grant for responding ....
I never attacked anyone or individuals during this thread.
I did however did say something about managers & coaches & was corrected on the issue.Mind you I stood corrected.

I did receive an attack on myself about what I posted.This was sorted quite quickly between myself & the person involved...

I think that many things could be sorted out faster if VicTenpins did get involved on this site.
As with other organizations.

Again its my opinon & my alone.

Regards Mick.

I looked at your profile a few times mick, only because the redtube website was down and i needed something to get me over the edge

Back
Top Bottom