SPORT SERIES S.A.

Would you bowl in a Sport Series Event in SA

• Total voters

cruzer

So there seems to be a lot of to and throw between bowlers on this subject, so i propose that bowlers who would be interested please post on here to see what interest there actually is.

From a coaches point of view,I believe it would be VERY beneficial for all bowlers young and old to bowl as any competition that we can create here in S.A. at a low cost will benefit all.

Cheers

Paul K.

p.s......Please respond!

Unfortunately, from experience over the years, people saying they will bowl & actually getting them on the lanes are 2 totally different things. Polls can be a little misleading. Some people are quite supportive until they have to put there money where there mouth is.
And looking at some of the other post lately, it looks like people prefer bowling on ditches rather than turning up & bowling on tuff conditions.

It'd be something different, although a sport condition and a 'fair' condition aint always one and the same.

personally i think even 1 every 2 months would be enough just for something different that isn't going to put a massive drain on the wallet

Hey guys,

I was thinking maybe 4-5 per year with a 6th as a final?

What do you think?

Cheers

Paul K.

What's the difference having 4-5 of these a year, than having the tournaments we did have recently that were not supported. Is it the name?. Please tell me it's not all about the conditions, because if it is, half the guys had trouble coping with the ones we had let alone new you beaut sports conditions?

Robby, totally agree with you, while it would be fantastic to see something start up again like ATBA, just not sure in todays economic climate.

cheers

Tony

I think it would be a great idea. Its difficult to obtain tournament experience without tournaments. Its also a concern that bowlers these days are very negative to bowling in tournaments, I know money is tight but its also important to bowl against better bowlers to improve one's self.

There's a good reason why these elite bowlers are so much better than us.

Paul, I'm right behind the idea. If there any assistance you require please let me know.

Brenton.

probarly strop it's the fact that entry will only be around the $60 - $70 mark not $150 - thats the only reason i don't bowl the big events is cost you can't spend money twice and $150 is a lot for a days bowling

Looking at February 2008.

All the ground work is almost done, I'm having trouble with the lack of Kegels in Adelaide..... can't get them from one centre to the other without causing some trouble to a centre's schedule.

In any case, highly competitive patterns will be laid out....Meetings will be taking place with all centres involved within the next month or two.

Cheers

Hey there Paul / Michael

Like I said in a previous post I will support such an event where possible.

count me in as being interested.

thanks

david

I think it's a great idea and i hope you can find a way to entice more people back into tournamnet bowling.

Are the numbers and people genuinely interest still there?

Cam

Looking at February 2008.

All the ground work is almost done, I'm having trouble with the lack of Kegels in Adelaide..... can't get them from one centre to the other without causing some trouble to a centre's schedule.

Just wondering what a Kegal is Emmtee83.... :confused:

Although with enough patience you can do the same thing with a century 100(just have to send it up the lane 2 or 3 times!!)

Back
Top Bottom