S.A. Under 23's

milkman

Whats happening with this tournament? Is it still going ahead? Only 2 months until the tournament, and all I know is that it will be held at Elizabeth again.

I rang the Elizabeth Motor Inn, they dont have many bookings there at the moment, and they can get rooms that fit 3 people for $87.50 a night. There is a family room thats fits 6 people, but I want that for the Victorians Im bringing over :^)

So if anyone has any info, can they post it on here, so I can drum up some support and bring over as many people as I can.

Also, I wouldnt mind possibly discussing the lane conditions this year. They were a touch on the dry side last year, and they also didnt re-oil between A and B squad. This saw only 1 or 2 bowlers make the matchplay from b squad, which I found a little unfair for those bowlers.

Feel free to add your input. I wouldnt mind seeing some South Australian male bowlers make the final this year (you going to teach me how to bowl gifford and cole-rix????).

Whats happening with this tournament? Is it still going ahead? Only 2 months until the tournament, and all I know is that it will be held at Elizabeth again.

I rang the Elizabeth Motor Inn, they dont have many bookings there at the moment, and they can get rooms that fit 3 people for $87.50 a night. There is a family room thats fits 6 people, but I want that for the Victorians Im bringing over :^)

So if anyone has any info, can they post it on here, so I can drum up some support and bring over as many people as I can.

Also, I wouldnt mind possibly discussing the lane conditions this year. They were a touch on the dry side last year, and they also didnt re-oil between A and B squad. This saw only 1 or 2 bowlers make the matchplay from b squad, which I found a little unfair for those bowlers.

Feel free to add your input. I wouldnt mind seeing some South Australian male bowlers make the final this year (you going to teach me how to bowl gifford and cole-rix????).

What weekend is the S.A Under 23's on? I haven't seen any entry forms or anything for it yet.

i have no idea of the dates but i know its at elizabeth again, this is no help as u have already mentioned this, i will b able 2 find out on tues. night and i will write it on here then.
milkman we will teach u how 2 bowl in these lanes, and show u how 2 throw some revs instead of palming it
icon_wink.gif

cyas round
icon_cool.gif

Just thought I would let you know that the under 23's is definitely on the 17th and 18th of August at Elizabeth bowl. No entry forms are out yet.

QUESTION: For those who know for sure!!

The age limit for this tournament is under 23 (I know that). What is the cut off date for being under 23??

Most tournaments that have an age limit are usually based on your age as at 31st December. However, I have been told that It may be possible to be 23 and actually bowl in the tournament.

I turned 23 in october last year, therefore I would have thought that I am slightly too old however I need some clarification on this.

THANKS
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

What weekend is the S.A Under 23's on? I haven't seen any entry forms or anything for it yet.

Thanks Cameron

Thats what I thought all along. I think the person who was giving me the information misunderstood when the cut off date for being under 23 was.
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

i have no idea of the dates but i know its at elizabeth again, this is no help as u have already mentioned this, i will b able 2 find out on tues. night and i will write it on here then.
milkman we will teach u how 2 bowl in these lanes, and show u how 2 throw some revs instead of palming it
icon_wink.gif

cyas round
icon_cool.gif

Just thought I would let you know that the under 23's is definitely on the 17th and 18th of August at Elizabeth bowl. No entry forms are out yet.

QUESTION: For those who know for sure!!

The age limit for this tournament is under 23 (I know that). What is the cut off date for being under 23??

Most tournaments that have an age limit are usually based on your age as at 31st December. However, I have been told that It may be possible to be 23 and actually bowl in the tournament.

I turned 23 in october last year, therefore I would have thought that I am slightly too old however I need some clarification on this.

THANKS
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

Sneezy,

Bad news. The S.A. under 23's is a TBA ranked tournament, so the age limit is the same at every other Youth tournament around the country ... under 23 as at 1/1 of the year the tournament is to be run.

Thanks Cameron

Thats what I thought all along. I think the person who was giving me the information misunderstood when the cut off date for being under 23 was.
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

I have some further news on this tournament ...

Tournament is restricted to 80 bowlers. The entry forms are out, and will be available at all centres shortly, and a boxful will be sent to the nationals at bankstown. People who competed last year will have a form sent in the mail.

The entry form states that there will be a drag and short oil before B squad. I approached the committee on this decision, and after a meeting earlier today, they have decided to change it to a wash and re-oil. *THANK YOU* This will now make it fair for both squads .... last year, only one male bowler made it from b squad, as they were bowling on the sahara desert.

Also, they are planning a dinner for people on the sat night at a local pub somewhere ... more details will be posted as they come available.

Elizabeth Motor Inn is filling up fast, if you want to stay there, I would book in now. Bowlers get a 10% discount, so make sure you mention its for the S.A. Under 23's classic.

Back
Top Bottom