Rachuig 2007

Never my intention to crank it up Chinner, infact the complete opposite. I've said what I wanted to say on here now I will get the chance just like everyone else who attends the meeting to have their say!! I was just putting out maybe the approach taken in the first place was not the current method to get a meeting started, but what is done is done and we shall all leave it at that!!!

Dion

The intention of this thread which I started was to get a open discussion and feed back to this Rachuig.
It was the only way to get out there to most people who bowled and those who did not for future thoughts.

As far as getting a meeting started, I had all the intention of sending a email to get a meeting organised.

This was my approach and I wouldn't have it any other way!

I think dion we all can be blamed for the way we do things! Especially personal messages, threats etc blah blah .........

See you at the meeting!!!

As soon as I find out when it is!

Cheers

Tony

Never my intention to crank it up Chinner, infact the complete opposite. I've said what I wanted to say on here now I will get the chance just like everyone else who attends the meeting to have their say!! I was just putting out maybe the approach taken in the first place was not the current method to get a meeting started, but what is done is done and we shall all leave it at that!!!

Dion

Well Alexander,

As I had already said in an earlier post:-

"Whether posting on here & thrashing it out for all to see is the why to go, who knows."

It seems everybody else had "left it at that" except you. Nobody had posted in nearly a week.
The rest of us are happy waiting for Lyn to organize something.
If it was the "complete opposite" why drag it all up again.

Hi
Just had to join up and write something here. It won't be anything constructive, I've been out of Rachuig too long and have no desire to go back to bowling. Just wanted to let you know that I am finding this all really interesting and it is a great way to keep me awake during my 12 hour nightshift.
I asked Tony Long the other day how Rachuig went this year. He directed me to this forum so that I could make up my own mind. What can I say. I remember Rachuig as great people, great bowling, good fun and heaps of laughs. Maybe that's just looking at it through rose coloured glasses now that I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Anyway, hope you can all work it out. Remember it is just a game, have fun. Or, do what I did. Give up and buy a motorbike.

Cheers
Cheryl Morris

PS: I think my mum rocks.

Cheryl Morris.

There only about 3 bowlers left bowling in Adelaide that would remeber a name from that long ago.

Some of us remember you from your Maiden name years...........................

Where have all those years gone!

Yes, I think I have the record for bowling Rachuig using the most surnames (or does Jeanette Baker have that honour).
Just on a serious note. I did make mention quite a few years ago that the team coach was just that. The 'team' coach. They should be used as a resource for the individual bowlers' coaches. Ultimately they are there to assist the bowlers bowl together successfully (another pair of eyes on the lanes during the comp). How each bowler gets to their peak at the right time is something that the bowler needs to work out and it is trial and error. There is no substitute for experience. Needless to say I was shot down in flames. I would challenge any coach that said they could personally coach an entire team (for one thing there is a certain amount of trust required - you need to 'click' with the person you are coaching).
How's that - 6 years along and I can still crap on.
Cheers

A lot of bowlers have been busy with Under 25's for the last couple of weeks. Then there is the Brunswick Adult & youth tournaments the first 2 weekends in December then your getting into Christmas.
So there arent a lot of weekends left this year especially if bowlers want 3-4 weeks notice of a meeting.
I wouldnt expect a meeting to early in the new year at the earliest when most people are free from bowling committments.

There is also an Association delegates meeting next Saturday and a Team Managers training course on 8th December. Info on these have been sent to all Centres/Associations. There was also a Bowlers Proficiency course a couple of weeks ago. All of which Lyn was involved in organising. Will bring this up at the Delegates meeting on Saturday to see if a definite date can be arranged.

No problem, even if it is early next year, providing it's before it's time to try out and bowl the state championships. So people can make up their mind to enter everthing.

I agree with you there Tony, needs to be before State Champs!!

And i also I understand that there are a lot of events on the calendar around this time but aren't there things on the calendar all year round? If im not mistaken... I do feel that next year will be the most appropriate time to hold this meeting but i think it should be announced as soon as possible because it doesnt look good from TBA's point of view with little or no correpondence on the issue!! It has been nearly a month now since Rachuig, but still no date??

There are 10080 minutes in a week can 10 of those be spent on choosing a date??

Danielle

Yes, thanks Lyn.

I knew there were a couple other thinks Lyn was involved in before christmas. Wasnt sure of the exact dates though.

Maybe so Roby,
Still doesn't excuse the fact of them emailing me to say we are a bit busy this year, will get back to you early in the new year.
They call it communication, take about 5 minutes to email.
I just love hanging at the end of the line.
Lets not make too many excuses for them.

Back
Top Bottom