Country Cup 2007 - Sale

The teams yet to have the bye today Monday are

Geelong, Warrnambool, Sunraysia,
Bendigo, Latrobe Valley, and Shepparton, in that order.

This could make the mens Divsion very close

mws

4am..... yawn.... just got home

Overall -
Shepp 187
Lat V 182.5
Ben 166
colac 165.5

Men

Albury - 89
Lat V 88.5
W'bool 87.5
Colac 86
Shep 81
Geelong 75
Bendigo 71
Ball 52.5
Sunraysia 48
Sale 47.5
Ovens & Murr 44

Women

Shep 106
Bend 95
Lat V 94
Colac 79.5
Geelong 70.5
Ball 67.5
W'Bool 6
Sunraysia 62.5
Albury 54
Sale 43
O & M 32

High Games

Andrew Carmichael 289
Denece Jones 245

All Stars

Jason Way 200 (plus OTB ball winner 16pts/19)
Kevin Wilkins 198
Tim Treloar 198
Neil Webb 197

Tracey Woza 185
Denece Jones 184 (OTB Ball winner -- 17.5pts/20)
Michelle Hodge 184
Kelly Jones 184
Nicole Bree 183

will post more when i wake up

Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to post the results. I look forward to your more detailed analysis when you wake up! :)

Congratulations to Shepparton, and the Albury men. Well done Andrew on your 289.

Jennie

Apologies for not posting any more results. It seems that unless you had "Manager" written on your back, you could not get any results. Glad some of the bowlers had the energy to post results.
Congratulations to the men from Albury. It was a great result as the LV guys always put up a great fight right until the very end.
Also congratulations to Andrew Carmichael on his 289 game. It was a great game to watch. I would also like to mention the 275 game by Graeme Green from O&M. He had to bowl that to beat the 256 (I think) bowl against him by his opponent from Shep.
Congratulations to the Shep ladies for winning their division also. Didn't get to see too much of the ladies games unfortunately. Not that it would mean anything as much of the weekend is now a blur to me. The only things I remember vividly is the earthquake that hit Sale late yesterday arvo. It measured around 9.8 on the richter scale, with the epicentre located in the vicinity of the portable toilet. It was a real shaker judging by the look of the LV bowler who emerged from the toilet once it was over. 8-[
To those of you who were at the track Saturday evening, I hope your hearing has returned back to normal but you were warned previously that if my dog wins a race, EVERYBODY knows about it.
Just one more congrats to Michelle Hodge for making the all stars. :D
Liz

Must have been tired -- i missed out on one of the all stars so he will get his own special post

The other member of the all stars was David Farquharson. He lead the field all weekend and was over the card from game one until game 19 when he dropped to 198 average. Great job Mr Farky - well deserved!

Congratulations to the Albury men on winning the mens division.. and Congratulation to the Shepp women on winning the womens division...

Congratulation to everyone who made allstars in both divisions

Cheers Matt

i thought you must have forgotten to include WOZA on the all stars list :D:D:D

well done kevvy on losing your viriginity, seems ironic to when you left the mrs at home, but she was in good hands ;)

where's old mate from albury??? tell me he didn't know something, have to be the call of all the country cup / emerson shield forums at 49/1 thats a supreme effort, always great to see the underdog have a win. did andrew have time to hold the trophy, or was he still buried in the comic section of the herald sun???

gary, i'm interested in all the terrible games bowled, is there any chance of a recap of "special" games by old mates kevvy, woza, carmers, woody and maybe a super special one off tim thompson??? did anyone else hit the super special mark?

woza, it is compulsory that you must stay active in the forum, all year round, so don't be sitting in a corner sulking that your team lost by half a point, and you obviously didn't contribute much to help their cause

I would like to know who won the "WOZA Vs GRIFFO" heavy weight title bout?:D :D sounds like it was interesting to say the least.

Good to see young Tim make Allstars along with Jason & the OLD brigade.

Well done to the ladies, must have been a bit of a tough gig looking at the averages.

Congratulations to the Albury men and Shepparton Ladies on your respective wins.

I can't wait for next year, hopefully the Shep men have their Super Coach contracted for 1 more year.;) I recieved his messages and we have already started planning.:rolleyes:

Rob

well done to the shep women and very well done to the albury men who had several 1st timers. congrats to those who made allstars, great bowling on lanes that were not easy (BLOODY 10 PINS :bad-word::bad-word: :bad-word: )

Finally managed to get some final results.
Liz

PS Obviously I don't know how to attach docs. Gatby you're good with this stuff - HELP....

Attachments

• Ladies averages007.jpg
    Ladies averages007.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Ladies standing006.jpg
    Ladies standing006.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Mens averages005.jpg
    Mens averages005.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Mens standing004.jpg
    Mens standing004.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 48
Congrats to Albury men and Shepp women.

Once again the women from shep were to strong.
Congrats to everyone who made all stars.. a few suprises there i thought..

Kev, you still owe me 5 bucks. i beat warren in that fight... ill be waiting for it...lol

I would like to thank my team mates for bowling with me over the weekend. thank you to hannah for coming into the team at the last minute.

See you all at emerson.

Cheerio
Amanda de Lange

Liz – the attachments are fine – just click on them and everything is very readable – well done!

Many questions to answer for those unable to make the trip.

“Special” games
Woza followed up a 235 with a less than impressive 111.
Carmers bowled a sensational high game of 289 just a day after bowling 107 against Colac.
Not sure what Kev’s low game was – I know he had a 150 late Saturday so that would probably have been his worst
As for Woody’s low game – not really sure – he spent all weekend on lanes 1 and 2 (that’s a bit of a sore point actually) – so other than when we played them (on lanes 1 and 2) I hardly saw his scores. He finished the tournament with a nice pocket hit that left a big 4 – I think that probably best summed up his experience – not sure if he will be seen at the Sale Cup this year.
Even the maestro Jason Way struggled late Saturday – at one stage he was 80 something in the 8th before recovering slightly to finish with a 135
Low game for the weekend was a 94 (and it took a spare in the last frame to get that!) – I know it made Woza feel a lot better when he heard that.
(In the interests of equality my low game was 148 )

I don’t think I have ever seen so many people bowl out over 15 board to around 5 board only to have the ball keep going and take out the 10 pin. I reckon I saw it happen at least a dozen times

No heavyweight title bout between Griffo and Woza - Griffo bowled all weekend on the bottom while Woza had Timmy Treloar right in his face at the top of the order. Priceless moment for me was when Timmy was playing Kevin Wilkins and needed to double the 10th to win his point (after Kevin had left a pocket 10 pin). Timmy rode the ball into the pocket raced across about 4 lanes on his knees only to leave a 4-9.

“Tim Thompson special” - 257 game against Ovens and Murray and lost! (Graeme Green bowled 275). Not to be outdone Timmy changed lanes and headed into combat with Geelong the next game only to strike Carmers white hot 289 - think that may have been a “one hundred club” match. Kev took pity on Timmy and moved him off the top for the next game against Albury and put him at 4 against Shaun Chettleburgh bowling in his first Country Cup – Shaun bowled 244. That is three consecutive games against Timmy with a total of 808! – he was not quite the same after that. Those scores might have been expected last year but when the tournament average for men was only 177, I think Timmy would feel a bit hard done by.

Fantastic win by Albury, all the better when you consider that Andrew was unable to bowl any games on the last day (and I think he missed the last couple on Sunday as well) because of injury. This basically meant that they only had 6 players – three on whom were in their first Country Cup and one is still a junior.

Shepparton got off to an early lead and by the half way mark were on 49 points with Albury second on 42.5, Colac 41.5, Warrnambool and Latrobe Valley 40.5. They extended that lead to 9 points before the two horror games in rounds 14 and 15 against Geelong and Albury where they got 1 and zero. It seemed to take the wind out of their sails and they were never the same threat after that. It eventually came down to the final game with Albury leading on 85, half a point ahead of Latrobe Valley and Warrnambool a further 1 point behind. Whilst Albury only got 4 points in the last against Ovens and Murray, it was enough because Warrnambool only got three against Bendigo and Latrobe Valley got five against Sale giving Albury a 0.5pt win. Colac finished with a seven to finish 4th – just behind Warrnambool.

I am sure that as others finally arrive home they will have their own view on things but for me it was another loooonnnng weekend. The girls didn’t finish until about 2am and the final presentation was not completed until around 10.30pm Monday night.

The scores were lower than last year but it meant that a lot more teams were in the hunt for a lot longer than previous years, so I think from a competition point of view it was quite exciting. Albury thoroughly deserved their win but I am sure the teams that finished close behind will have hard luck stories about the one that got away – that is what happens when the scores are so close.

Didn’t really get to see much of the womens division – it seemed that Shep pretty much lead from start to finish, but one of the girls may be able to give a summary on what happened.

Well done to Albury and Shepp on their wins
Well done to Ross and his staff at the bowl who had obviously spent alot of cash and time in the last month to run the tournament. Alot of people were not happy with the lanes (spoilt by synthetics) but it was tough and hard - There was a shot there and you were rewarded for good shots and punished for bad shots. You knew what to expect before you turned up

i thought you must have forgotten to include WOZA on the all stars list :D:D:D
WOZA did make the All Stars - Well done Tracey
woza, it is compulsory that you must stay active in the forum, all year round, so don't be sitting in a corner sulking that your team lost by half a point, and you obviously didn't contribute much to help their cause
Sitting in the corner sulking wasnt high on my list of priorities after the last game. Alot of other things went through my mind but that definetly was not one of them.

Hardest thing about the weekend was having to get up this morning and go to work

A lot of people were not happy with the lanes (spoilt by synthetics) but it was tough and hard - There was a shot there and you were rewarded for good shots and punished for bad shots. You knew what to expect before you turned up
I could not agree more. With the exception of the night block on Saturday where everyone struggled, i think the scores showed that if you bowled well you were rewarded. There was a 289, 275, 267, a few 250's, and a heap of 240's -- lanes can't have been that bad.
Funny how two people in the all stars team got to Sale early, practiced Thursday evening and Friday morning - worked out a line and what ball they needed to use. Whilst it's not practical for everyone to do this it shows that hard work is often rewarded. Similarly Lat Valley had a couple of practice sessions in the month or so before hand. I personally wish we had this type of condition every year.
Hardest thing about the weekend was having to get up this morning and go to work
Yeah - especially when you don't get home until after 4.00am in the morning - think i should have taken a rostered day off!

Back
Top Bottom