Country Cup 2007 - Sale

Congrats to Albury men and Shep Ladies and everyone who made allstars thanks liz for the encouragement it means a lot.

also congrats to 11 yr old tori wilkins (83 avg) tonight beating one of the all stars david farquarson (204 avg) off scratch!!! tori had a wonderfull game of 179 (highest game she's ever bowled) and david bowling 178.....

and yes tori is daughter of kevin wilkins, 11 yr old daughter

and once again congrats to all country cup bowlers!!!!

4am..... yawn.... just got home

Overall -
Shepp 187
Lat V 182.5
Ben 166
colac 165.5

Men

Albury - 89
Lat V 88.5
W'bool 87.5
Colac 86
Shep 81
Geelong 75
Bendigo 71
Ball 52.5
Sunraysia 48
Sale 47.5
Ovens & Murr 44

Women

Shep 106
Bend 95
Lat V 94
Colac 79.5
Geelong 70.5
Ball 67.5
W'Bool 6
Sunraysia 62.5
Albury 54
Sale 43
O & M 32

High Games

Andrew Carmichael 289
Denece Jones 245

All Stars

Jason Way 200 (plus OTB ball winner 16pts/19)
Kevin Wilkins 198
Tim Treloar 198
Neil Webb 197

Tracey Woza 185
Denece Jones 184 (OTB Ball winner -- 17.5pts/20)
Michelle Hodge 184
Kelly Jones 184
Nicole Bree 183

will post more when i wake up
Thanks for staying up to post results, I waited until about 1.30am, that was after I heard the bowling didn't finish until about 10pm.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BOWLERS, HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND.

Big congrats to all the winners, it was a really tough weekend that sorted out the men from the boys! A special congrats to my hubby dave who made all stars he always puts in 110% and was justly rewarded for his dedication to a sport he loves (if I would let those damn balls in the bed I reckon they would be there). A special mention to Kevin Wilkins who finally made it as well, it was a great result. Lastly to all the Bendigo ladies who tried so hard to bridge the gap but never stopped having fun, you guys are the best. Way to go Dave, Tori is NEVER going to let you forget her win; WELL DONE TORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

sorry guyz, i was also meant to put up that in david's last game he bowled a 254 of scratch, to beat lil ms legend on handicap...(just)...lol

Just to say congrats to albury men and Shepp well done and thanks Bary for reminding everyone of the 4 9 hahaha

I would like to congratulate Albury for winning the Mens and Shepparton for winning the Womens and Overall.

It was a demanding tough hard fought weekend by all who were there. The condition that was down had you thinking the whole time and you earned everything that came your way over the weekend. You could not relax for a minute.

I would like to thank the staff at Sale Supabowl for what is always a great tournament.

To the staff at the Cafe, thanks for replacing my $5 coffee cup at least once or twice a day. The amount of times I threw that damn thing in the bin..... Lol.

congrats to those who made allstars, great bowling on lanes that were not easy (BLOODY 10 PINS :bad-word::bad-word: :bad-word: )

I hope no one has taken this the wrong way. I believe the lane conditions should make you think and have to work at your game, that is when the really good bowlers do step up and accept the challenge and that is what ccup is about.

Hello out there,

Just wanted to say congrats to the Albury men's team on their win. It's a fantastic result with the fresh young blood in the team. Well Done Guys. And Ash don't forget to just lift that shirt up a little bit. I was told it was quite a view!!

To my fellow ladies team, congrats and thankyou. We went away with only six bowlers and no official manager (she was covering the mechanics shifts at the bowl all weekend). We were able to get the points on the board and hold the lead through the final game which for us was the bye. Congrats to Denece and Kelly for making the all stars, and a special thanks to Denece for her support all weekend. To Danni, Skye and Amanda, whom along with me this was our first taste of victory. I hope you enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. Apart from finishing bowling at 2.30am then winding down only to be woken up by our own men the next morning at 7.30am!!

To our men..... what can I say. Probably not what I want to say so we'll go with congrats and thanks. There was the block that you struggled and we had to pull it together for the overall, which was at a close point. You were able to get some points on the board when it mattered and help pull us over the line. It was a tough weekend on and off the lanes. Although you had every opportunity for the mens division and had to watch it slip away you kept your heads up and bowled for the overall. So well done.

To Tracey, Denece, Kel, Michelle, Nicole, Jason, Dave, Tim and Neil congrats and well done. It was a tough condition and you all bowled well and deserved to be all stars.

To Big Kev, congrats on making your first all star team. It has taken a long time but you found a shot on the weekend that worked and used it well.

Congrats to Andrew and Denece for their high game awards, and to Jason and Denece on the OTB awards.

To all the staff at the Sale bowl, you put in some very long hours over the weekend so a huge thank you for that.

To all the teams from around the state thanks for making it a fun and enjoyable weekend. With the sportsmanship and friendships shining through once again.

Amanda work on your cowboy dance for me!! lol.

I hope everyone got home safely (we got home about 3.30am). I know I will be looking forward to next year and bowling earlies!! Lol

And I must also mention a huge WELL DONE to Tori Wilkins for beating the All Star Mr Farky. I'll organise that 175 pin for you Tors!!

I'm sure Dave must have cheated in the last game to shoot the 250!! Lol

I've told everybody I know Dave!! lmao.

Well done to albury mens and shep ladies for there victorys on the weekend and would also like to say a big thankyou to Woza,Millsy,Webby,Bosma, Smithy, Walshy and our manager Paul Stanton for a awesome weekend as it was my first ccup i didnt know what to expect for a tourny as big as this. The experience of these bowlers guided me through the weekend and i will be greatful for this from these bowlers. I would also like to thank warranambool for showin me what its all about, even if i was sittin out but to lose after bowlin a thousand and not takin to hard just shows me what is required at this level of bowling from great teams. Thanks to all teams and hope to see you all next year.

Just a quick congrats to Andrew and team Chettleberg! Commiserations to woz and latrobe, well done to Shep and BIG Kev(not a virgin any more).
Of what i saw when i quickly snuck in on saturday it looked tough but interesting so well done to Ross and staff, always better to see a close event rather than a blow out.
And yes hegs Warrnabool know what its about,drinking beer and havin a good time!
Cheers Jason Motta

We are not talking about the 107 game Gatsby. Lol.
I was just answering Mr Chandlers questions about "special" games. I have a feeling he already knew the answers but i was just obliging. We will concentrate on the 289 from now on. 396 for two - 198 average -- if you had done that all weekend you would have made the allstars Carmers :p :p .

Congratulations to Albury Men and the Shep Women for their wins and to Shep for the overall. Congrats to all that made Allstars for a great effort on a tough condition.

Congraulations to Shepparton Overall to take the title. Special Congrats to the Shep girls for makin look so easy. And also to the Albury Blokes for pulling their weight in the tough conditions.

Congrats to all the allstar winners especially Big Kev and Denece.

Hope the form continues next year where ever that may be.

gary, i am interested to know about any games under 100, was there any???

i am also interested to know about shepps 16 point turn around, 8 in front on sunday lunch to 8 behind at the end.

this is 2 years in a row the sunday night session has been disasterous for them, maybe its a disease they should be reminded about quite regularly.

gary, i am interested to know about any games under 100, was there any???
i am also interested to know about shepps 16 point turn around, 8 in front on sunday lunch to 8 behind at the end.
this is 2 years in a row the sunday night session has been disasterous for them, maybe its a disease they should be reminded about quite regularly.

The bye accounts for 7 points which they had after lunch.Which would account for a possible 14 point change because for one Albury already had there bye.
I think that may explain most of the points Craig.
Maybe:rolleyes:

Firstly for the positives. Congrats to Albury Men, Shepp Ladies, and Shepp Overall winners. Big Congrats to the OTB Award winners, a great award to win! Congrats to the Allstars no matter where ur from, well bowled on tough conditions! Congrats 95% of bowlers on the sportsmanship shown and fun chats and muck around ****, apart from winning, the best thing about CC is the social catch up every year! & also thank-you to Latrobe Valley Men on the round 20 match, its the way CC used to be and should happen more often, a great competetive match win a high energy feeling!

Mattie

I almost forgot 1 more positive, COLACs Shirts! Noice!

Back
Top Bottom