Rachuig Dates

I was in Morwell on the weekend & was told there. Apparently there was a meeting in the country & thats where they found out.
So I dont think anyone knows whats happening at the moment & its pretty frustrating b/c people plan things around these dates & then they change.
Same goes for East Coast Trials. They have been changed too b/c they clashed with Youth tournaments & Senior tournaments.
Wish they would decide about the date & just announce it officially.

Would be nice if on a state basis, there is a calendar that show what events are on which dates so everyone can see what is on. There was one last year on a national level with state events include in the main forum. I guess with the introduction of the Calendar link above no one bother to do one for our beneft.

Vi

Xpense,

That is true that there is a calender in the TBA Website for Victoria, but that is also the same calender that keeps changing its dates.

You would think that all tournaments would be finalised before the year starts. It would make it easy for every to plan around those dates, instead of changing them everyday.

it sounds like someone is nominating themselves for the comittee next year :lol:

put your name forward and make things right Jen

No Buzzer I'm not nominating myself. :oops:

I just thought that they shouldn't put dates on the calender that aren't official. It was more a suggestion than anything else. :D

The problem is though they aren't going to listen to you here.

We need people with strong beliefs such as yourself and dedication to the cause to make a difference and be a voice for us bowlers and join these committees.

May be then all the problems will go away

Its a vicious cycle isn't it. Its gone on for years and it will go on for many more.

Unfortunately all we can do is make a choice. :?:

Hi Guys

I was told tonight that the first trial is at Boronia on the 27th & 28th March and the 2nd trial at Forest Hill on the 1st & 2nd of May.

I have also been told that these are the definite dates.

Hi Bec,

Thanks for that. It's good to know that they are definite dates. I'm sure you got that information from a good source.

Hope to catch up with you Soon.

:D

The dates for the Rachuig & De Veer trails have been set as indicted - March 27-28 & May 1 & 2, 2004.

Just to let you all know all pervious dates were only suggested dates & should not have been published. As for setting tournaments dates 12 months in advance, it is a good idea, however looking at the tournament calendar & trying to aviod tournaments in Victoria, National Ranked event in Youth, Adult & Senior circuits is almost impossible. Also, seeing as the TBA will not set long term dates or venues for the Adult National it means as a committee we have had to wait until January each year to look for dates & venues for the Rachuig trials.

Having said all that I can assure you that VicTenpins is work on a number of ideas that should free up the calendar & allow the dates for Rachuig, De Veer, ECC & President Shield to be set each year. This will take sometime so please be patient.

Buzzer, VicTenpins does take notice of what you guys say on Total Bowling but sometime we don't get the opportunity to response straight away. Having said that as a committee member I am available just about anytime to answer questions - you can contact me direct at [email protected] or on my mobile (0414) 292315 & will happily discuss anything with anybody.

Also, anybody who wants to get involved in the committee is welcome.

I would like to let everybody know that VicTenpins is having an Open Forum on Saturday 20 March at 1pm at AMF Sunshine Bowl. While all are welcome the main focus of this forum is Junior bowling in Victoria, there will be another Open Forum later in the year with it's main focus on Youth & Adult bowling in Victoria. VicTenpins has committeed to 2 Open Forums each year to give the bowlers a chance to help run bowling in Victoria.

Last, the VicTenpins Awards Night will be run again on Saturday 8 May 2004 at a venue to be annouced. There are 2 new awards this year - Sportsperson of the Year & League Executive of the Year. We are sending out nominations forms to all the centres & associations for you the bowlers to nominate people in these categories & also we are asking for nominations for the VicTenpins Gold Award. Please get behind this & nominate people & support the night as we have developed this night for you the bowlers.

Thanks
Simon Calder
Committee Memeber VicTenpins

At last the real dates

Simon

Thanks for the post as it finally stops all the speculation caused by premature posting of interim dates.

I hope the fact that the actual first elimination weekend being one month earlier than first posted does not affect any bowlers ability to enter.

Any idea when entries will be available.

Regards
Terry

Thanks Simon for your Clarification.

In my defense I was not having a go at the Vic committee nor am I Trying to hide behind a rock here but all I was pointing out to a few other forum members was that this is obviously not the place to winge about decisions made or not made by said committee and for people to make a difference may be they should do something about it themselves by giving it a go by nominating themselves as committe members. as I understand it is not an easy job to keep everyone satisfied.

I was not accusing you guys of doing nothing I just don't beleive it is up to you to check forums such as this especially when so many people hide behind a nick name. any body involved in bowling knows that you guys have contact numbers and emails and so on so if there is a real problem that they should be used.

As a result of the dates changing frequently I have had to make a choice and I stick by it, not to try out for rachuig this year as it clashes with a personal engagement I have had planned for 12 months but I am not going to bore the bowlers of Australia with it and I do not hold any grudges against any decisions made from either party. of course i'm upset that I can 't try out but like i said before its my choice. And thats all you can really do is make a choice.

I hope this clears up any confusion caused by my earlier post.

Regards

Mark Dodds (Buzzer)

:( sorry to hear you won't be bowling mark
from my point of view it's a real shame

Greg

Rachuig

Guys

Thanks for your post. Sorry the dates have been a bit of a mess & I also hope it won't cost us entries.

Buzzer, I didn't believe you were having a go at us but you are right just about everybody knows how to contact us but usually doesn't. We are looking at getting our own online forum going so maybe that will help them. Unfortunately while I don't agree with using "nick names" allot of poeple feeling more comfortable speaking their mind under a "nick name".

As for the entries forms - they are being finalised now & I am hoping that we can have them available within 10 days.

Simon Calder
Board Member
VicTenpins

hi everyone i just got the rachuig entry form off the tba website and i dont know about when other people read it but it looks a tad unfair.you bowl 6 games on the forst day for seeding then you bowl 18 games matchplay it doesn't show it cuts to a certain amount of bowlers so if they have 43 entries it looks like you only play 18 of them not real fair i reckon bit of luck of the draw.and a good note men can wear dress shorts if they like about time we were treated equally.you would be better off scrapping matchplay bonus pins if you get more tan 18 entries in each of the divisions.i hope evryone gives it a go anyway and get to experience what we love about this event.

i have just read the entry form and it seems that there is no cut. Like you said chucker, if they get more than 19 entries then you dont get to play everyone. It probably wouldnt be a bad idea to drop the bonus pins if that is the case. Although they havent said how the draw will work. There is seeding after the first 6 games does that mean that if you get seeded 1 you are set to play the last 18 seeds as a bonus for making it to the top spot? Anyway the other side of the coin is that if you are good enough you will make it. It just maybe a little tougher for some.

Do we really want to stay in a motel in our home state?

Firstly, great to see that the entry fee is a low $150.00. Shows that the powers at be are receptive to the views of us bowlers.

Just wondering what you all think of the proposal of spending nights in a motel when the event is being held in Melbourne. There is obvious a need for accomodation for our country members of the state teams, but I personally don't like the idea of spending money I don't really need to spend.

Living within 20 odd minutes drive from Forest Hill and renting the place I live in, I would not want to be doubling up on paying for accomodation when the event is here in Melbourne.

I thought the whole idea of having it in your home state was to utilise this advantage to the maximum. In my opinion this would mean allowing those who wish to stay at home to do so. Why take someone out of there comfort zone?

I don't think this would affect team unity in any way as this is the norm in the East Coast Challenge Cup when the event is held in Melbourne (which is this year at Sunshine).

After last years expensive trip to Townsville I was looking forward to an easier time financially here in Melbourne.

I'll be interested to see what the views are of my fellow Melbourne based bowlers. My fellow country based Victorian bowlers what's your view on whether this would have an affect on team harmony.

Regards
Terry

terry as in 2000 when we won we did in fact stay in our own beds and we subsidised the country bowlers who made it for a motel room i find this acceptable and i for one will be pushing for this to happen again.it is in fact a waste of money and i am sure everyone on the committee would agree that it is much more beneficial to sleep in your own comfortable bed when available.there is enough team bonding each night at team dinner and practice sessions to not need to bond when you are sleeping.

Mac

I wasn't aware of this so thanks for the quick reply. I would be quite happy to help subsidise the costs for our country team members. Makes perfect sense. See you at Boronia.

Regards
Terry

You will find that you will lose entries if you are advetising that team members have to all stay together. Half the reason why people tend to try out when it is there home state is the fact that they can go home at the end of the day and stay with their families. Not to mention the reduction in cost if there was no accomodation fees.

Back
Top Bottom