Rachuig Dates

I would hope that the committee does take into consideration, the fact of people staying in thier own beds, and the extra costs involved. I am sure that the city bowlers would be more than happy to subsidise the country bowlers who make the team, to ensure that costs are kept to a minimum for all. It might even be possible for some country bowlers to crash with the city bowlers, if they have room to spare.

I know of a couple of bolwers that always have people staying at thier place when events are on in melbourne, and this is all for the good of the sport, to ensure that those competing, are able to keep costs down, and keep coming year after year.

I hope to see you all at Boronia for the first week of trials, but still need to decide if l am going to try out this year, but the lure of competing at home is stong.

link for the entry form below

http://www.tenpin.org.au/vic/forms/2004_Rachuig_WDV_Entry_Form.pdf

Rachuig & De Veer Trails

I would like to explain how the draw & seedings will work. First everybody bowls 6 games & will then be ranked in order of high to low pinfall, this gives them their seeding for the matchplay. The draw for the matchplay will be divided into groups of 18 so everybody in that group will play each other. The draw for the groups will be similar to tennis in that if we only get 36 entries then all odd numbers will be each other & even numbers will play each other. If we get 54 entries then group one would be 1, 4, 7, 10, etc (every 3rd place), group two 2, 5, 8, 11, etc & group three 3, 6, 9, 12, etc.

While we understand that the bowlers in different groups will not play each other there is no other way to work the draw. As the matchplay section is pinfall plus bonus points the bowlers who score at a consistently high level will have the advantage. Also, the pinfall from the 1st 6 games is carried over so if anybody try's to manipulate their position in the draw they may well bowl themselves out of the team.

Last, we felt it was important that there was no cut this year for a number of reason, trying to control costs, giving bowlers value for money & more experience in all parts of the trials & most importantly because the first part of the trails couldn't be a Forest Hills it would be very unfair to the bowlers who were cut after 6 games at another centre.

I hope that this helps you understand the format better.

For all bowlers who are concerned about staying at a motel during the Rachuig &/or De Veer, please go back & read the entry form. The cost of $700 dose included 4 night accommodation but the entry form also states that accommodation may or may not be required depending on the make up & wishes of the team.

Thanks
Simon Calder
Board Member
VicTenpins

Simon,

Thanks for the explanation of the format, however what will happen if there is say 27 bowlers. How will the draw be done then?

Dont get me wrong i dont mind the format if we could be sure that we will have enough numbers to do it. With the uncertainity of entries would it not be better to just have a straight shoot out. Then no-one is disadvantaged by having to play certain people more than once which may happen if we dont get the right numbers.

Look i hope it all works well and no matter what the format and how its worked out people still have to preform to make it so either way, i say, bring it on :D

Rachuig & De Veer Trails

If there are un eneven numbers then there will be equal buys in each group. While I agree that on the surface it appears better to scrap the matchplay, we feel that it should be kept as points in Rachuig & De Veer are only decided by wins as scores don't count.

Thanks
Simon Calder
Board Member
VicTenpins

as you say it is decided on points and not pinfall in rachuig but as a rachuig bowler i would think that it would be more of a benifit to bowl in 5 man teams and that this should be a priority considering that there isn't many 5 man team leagues around and people have more exposure to matchplay more than they do 5 man team bowling.personally there is only 1 STATE team to worry about anyway.

Yes i agree it is better to have it there but in the actual event it is even. you play each team the same amount of times. ok lets say for example there is 26 entries, we then have 2 divisions of 13 each. now that causes bowlers to play some people once and others twice. now as far as im concerned i dont mind it but it could be very unfair for someone who has to play maybe the top 5 guys twice when someone else gets to play 5 players that are struggling twice. Personaly if i make the side i want to know that i made it because i earned it.

Anyway it doesnt matter now, the entry forms are out, thats the way its going to be and i hope that we get alot of people there trying out this year. As i said in an earlier post if we get to 50+ entries my company will put in $500 towards the teams costs. So come on everybody, get behind this new era in Vic bowling and show the rest of the country we are still a force.

Can i also say good luck to the committee for trying something new i hope it works the way you want it. I will say this though im glad its not me having to work out the rotation of matches for the trials, it could turn into a real headache.

Good luck to all and i'll see you there.

Regards
Brett

Rachuig & De Veer Trails

Chucker

We are going to try & have the format in 5 man teams, however, that will depend on entries (regardless of what format we use).

Regardless of how many State Teams people believe we have VicTenpins is responsible for running The Victoria Rachuig & De Veer team trials & therefore most take the requirements of all the bowlers into account.

Thanks
Simon Calder
Board Member
VicTenpins

with the entries closing on the 19th does this mean you will be able to post on here how many entries you have and how the relevent seedings will work?i also think it is great the comitte doing something different this year and hoppe that maybe next year we can get in a bit earlier so we dont get restricted with bowling at centres that are more useful.and before you say it i know boronia is the back up centre but in talking to a different state coach on the weekend he couldn't comprehend how we were not bowling where it is being held,considering we find out at rachuig where the event is the following year it is a little weak to organise it so late it should be finalised back in december not the middle of feb.
alls said and done we will have a great year and am very excited at the prospects knowing who has told me thay are definate it should be the toughest to make since the late 80's early 90's.

I'm gonna be there.

I was fortunate enough to organise other arrangements for rachuig trials weekend and I will now be there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats great to hear buzz the team just keeps getting better all the time i cant wait. :D could be abit of a family affair this year with the 2 dodds boys + father inlaw trying out and the stewarts spewing crazzed couldn't get his family on board :roll:

ok thats it, im not going to be left out. as of now im starting work on them again. mark my words we will be there :D

The dates getting moved back to between Werribee and AO make it 50/50 at best for me, would have preferred a fortnight after AO but you can't please everyone i guess. Plus 2 weeks visiting family in October in QLD might get in the road, better fatten my wallet up at Werribee and at easter to try and fit it all in!

ok i told you i was going to work on them, well i think i have got my sister and her better half to say yes. they should be there aswell. I also believe nodz sponsor has come to the party so he should be there aswell.

Chucker, my sister is going to be there :D

I will update the trial list this after noon so if there are more people out there that are going to give it a go this year please email me and i'll add you to the list. Numbers are growing so its going to be a great year to tryout.

See you all at Boronia and good luck to all

Back
Top Bottom