just a reminder

chucker

i just thought i would start a post asking for interest for rachuig this year and a note saying that if you want to try out this year dont forget you have to have bowled state championships and that they are on before the trials?
hopefully the trials are conducted better this year as apposed to last years fiasco!
cheers

State Champs will be on at Ballarat this year starting Feb 3rd, 4th,10th,11th & 17th. This centre only has 16 lanes so it would be best to book early to make sure that you can get all your events in on the same day or weekend.
Entry forms have been send to all centres and if you require a copy there should be one on Vic Tenpins site as well as TBA site. Otherwise give Justin a ring at Geelong bowl or Denise Jones at Shepparton who will e-mail you a copy.
Entries close the 1st Feb 2007 :cool:

hopefully the trials are conducted better this year as apposed to last years fiasco!
cheers

What happened last year at the trials?

I'm just thinking about trying this year - it seems a lot of effort, time and money, with firstly competing at State Championships (Ballarat), then trials 21/4 (I don't know where?) and trials again 5-6th May - but would be worth a go!

Your post is the first time that I was aware that the State Championships were a requirement for bowlers wishing to participate in Walter Rachuig, (maybe it is assumed knowledge). I don't believe that it is widely publicised, unless of course you're looking for it. I know that the flyers may be sent to the bowling centres, but sometimes you don't know until it's too late.

I've also checked the Victenpins website (www.victenpins.com.au) and last year there were only 15 participants for the 2006 State Championships open all events. If the State Championships are a pre-requisite for Walter Rachuig, the odds at making the VIC team look pretty good, assuming you bowl well at the trials. (Not taking offence to anyone in last years team, because I know that you are all great bowlers - just a shame that there were a few entries),

Cheers
Michael

Michael,
State Champs are early this year! In the past couple of years State champs have been after Rachuig trials, so many of the people who trialled for Rachuig but didn't make the cut would not do States.

Believe Rachuig Trials are at Altona this year. It is well worth the money and a great experience. I would encourage anybody who is considering "having a go" at Rachuig to do it but don't forget State Champs at Ballarat. The lanes are in good nick and it's only an hour and a bit up the road from Melb.

Graeme

Michael there were quite a few bowlers who tried out for Rachuig last year at Mentone. In fact we nearly had more bowlers than lanes availability. As for championships not all bowlers bowled in Open division some were Classic and or A grade divisions. Rachuig is a great chance to bowl aginst the states best for very little outlay. If my memory serves me well last years 1st trial was only $50.00 for 10 games. Can't get much better value than that.
Cheers :cool:

Michael there were quite a few bowlers who tried out for Rachuig last year at Mentone. In fact we nearly had more bowlers than lanes availability. As for championships not all bowlers bowled in Open division some were Classic and or A grade divisions. Rachuig is a great chance to bowl aginst the states best for very little outlay. If my memory serves me well last years 1st trial was only $50.00 for 10 games. Can't get much better value than that.
Cheers :cool:

Thanks for your reply Joe - very good value.

Back
Top Bottom