Rachuig Dates

K

Kerry C

Thought I would just let the Vic bowlers out there know the Rachiug dates which were set out after yesterdays meeting.

First Trial will be on 24-25 April
Second trial to be held the following weekend on May 1-2.
Then we will have State Champs to be bowled on the 15 May with Masters on the 16 May.

Also if someones knows if they have decided on selection processes this year for Rachuig I would really like to now as with the trials being held so late this year I may be unable to bowl that well being 34 weeks pregnant.

ok so we have dates, does anyone know when we will see an entry form, price details and the format for selections?

as far as i am aware i was told that the meeting went a bit long and they are not infact the offical dates as they still have to check with foresthill,they are just the dates they want.i am sure everything will be out very soon and they are trying to include some of our ideas in the format including a reoil during the day like rachuig and some money on offer for people who dont make the team or cut.hopefully this info is useful for you brett. :D

thanks chucker.

trials on 2 consecutive weekends, in the past havent they been a month or so apart? anyway im sure the committee will come up with something that will make it interesting, whether its ideas from here or their own.

kezza, the trails and the event this year will be held at Forest Hill.

hey lindz you should be more concerned with it clashing with blacktown youth i would think that if these dates go ahead we wouldn't have our best youth trying out this year which means no
lindz,mickey,matto,joel and this would be a shame because for this state to be a force again we need the youth to step up.lets all hope a date change is a possibilty.

true true...

im sure either way the boys will be trying out for rachuig.

catchya soon chief!

The dates for Werribee Marathon are April 24th and 25th and have been displayed on the TBA calendar for some time.
It is always a very succesful tournament and attracted 33 teams (maximum capacity) last year, this year we intend to open to 44 teams with increased prize money.

Bowlers will have to make a choice,

Edi

sorry guys bad news just got phone call from trotts and those dates are now confirmed apparently it is due to lack of weekends available at forest hill where we wanted all the trials.hopefully everyone will be making the choice more important to them.i for one am dissapopinted i cannot bowl the marathon as rachuig is my number one priority and hopefully we can still muster together the best team this state can produce :wink:

its a pitty that things have to clash like this. You would think that there would have to be a solution so that no-one misses out.

Well it looks like i will miss the marathon this year as i really want to get into the rachuig team again. Its a shame that the youth bowlers are going to have to pick between 2 major tournys for the year. good luck to them which ever way they go.

ok so if the dates are confirmed to be bowled over 2 weekends then someone must have an idea of what the format will be, any thoughts, anyone??

i had planned rachuig, but will make a decision over the next month, i enjoyed the marathon last year

Yes, unfortunately state representation comes before a tournament

I did put my name down for Werribee Marathon, but if either tournament isnt moved, it looks like I'll have to pull out

Pretty disappointing though, as Edi said, theyve had the marathon planned for a very long time

unfortunately people i have just been informed that the first weekend that clashes with the werribee marathon will not be at forrest hill as they can not give us the lanes,not sure where they are looking at but should know by the end of the week but you never know.still no news on format hopefully that information will be out soon as well but the second weekend will be at forrest hill.

I actually heard that they had changed the dates again. That it wasn't going to be on the same weekend as The Werribbe Marathorn.
I heard that the first weekend would be the 1-2 May then the 2nd weekend wouldn't be till August. I think that is a long wait & too close to the Nationals.
Have you heard any of this Chucker?
Just when people start planning dates, things change again.

i have not heard any of this tweety is it a rumour from a reliable source.i only know what trotts has told me.

Back
Top Bottom