Canberra Seniors Cup 2013

Hi David,
I have two more Seniors from Qld preferring to go with the 8 games Sat and 8 games on Sunday, Thanks Barb

Well said Paul, I had been thinking lately that a long pattern hasn't been put down yet and they are generally harder than the short. A roll-off could easily have been organised but as usual the TBA didn't want to go that way as they have their own agenda, it has always been that way over the 50 years or so and will always be that way. I wish the ATBSO would create a ranking system using the same events and their own nationals as this would be a better option as the ATBSO knows what seniors needs are and the TBA is trying to grow adult bowling when the seniors are the growth of the game.
Hi Terry, This is what I believe happened regarding the Selection of the World Seniors Team, TBA is getting the blame for having the roll off for the World Seniors Team Selection, as the first 3 Tournaments with a WTBA oiling pattern, centers given an option of 4 patterns to choose from and could "tweek" it to suit their center...... The Seniors , as far as I am aware were asked to give their opinion via their State Reps, unfortunately some of the Seniors did not receive the email and some decided NOT to answer the email, so my belief is that the vote went the way of the majority answers received from those interested Seniors, not ordered by TBA, I believe NSW voted for roll off. However, we have complied with the majority of the votes received, as for the next roll off for the World Seniors, am sure it will be handled differently... As I am a Grand Senior, perhaps I have misunderstood that the Seniors voted for a committee to take care of Senior Matters and report to Cara on the out come of each issue.

HI Folks,

Thank you all so far for all your feedback it's been great, all is helpful.
Brenda, I always like to be prepared as best I can and always expect the unexpected LOL..I have bowled here since the centre opened in 1997 I'm only concerned for anybody that may be in A squad that may be flying out still. I know not all city destinations have late flights out of Canberra. If we stay with 8 & 8 which seems to be the consensus so far Saturday is not an issue starting at 8.00am as advertised we will have B squad finishing at 5.30pm. But we would need to start at bowling at 7am on Sunday to be finished by 4.30pm then you have the presentations. Now I don't mind what time we finish but I also don't want anyone to miss their flights..
If we go with Chin's idea of 55 per squad we will use the 22 lanes available and have 5 per pair both squads, but we still need 5 people to change to A squad and I still have 1 spot open in A as well for this to happen...

If there are any A squad bowlers out there that are flying home on Sunday or anyone that can get in contact with them it would be a huge relief if I knew when the earliest flights are that would make me far more relaxed !! I certainly have no phone numbers for anybody and I'm quite sure TBA wouldn't hand over personal phone numbers either due to privacy laws. So any help would be appreciated once again.
Thank you. :)

Cheers,
Hollywood.

Hi Terry, This is what I believe happened regarding the Selection of the World Seniors Team, TBA is getting the blame for having the roll off for the World Seniors Team Selection, as the first 3 Tournaments with a WTBA oiling pattern, centers given an option of 4 patterns to choose from and could "tweek" it to suit their center...... The Seniors , as far as I am aware were asked to give their opinion via their State Reps, unfortunately some of the Seniors did not receive the email and some decided NOT to answer the email, so my belief is that the vote went the way of the majority answers received from those interested Seniors, not ordered by TBA, I believe NSW voted for roll off. However, we have complied with the majority of the votes received, as for the next roll off for the World Seniors, am sure it will be handled differently... As I am a Grand Senior, perhaps I have misunderstood that the Seniors voted for a committee to take care of Senior Matters and report to Cara on the out come of each issue.

Hey Barb

I would be interested in seeing who did vote for the selection to be via the first 3 events because I cannot find one bowler who thought it was a good idea and in some states the representatives didn't bother to send it out to their members or give an opinion.

Susanne

As paul Terry Said.....

Yes I find that hard to believe too...................I thought TBA could have done better with this................

Bit of a joke................Next thing you know they will be trying to run the ATBSO Nationals..............better still take over ATBSO..................It will be a sad day if that ever happens, when Seniors have built something up to be something good...........................They then probably want to run everything out of Sydney..................

looks like you retirement is good timing.

Perhaps Robbie.........But I'm going to keep going a bit more..........too many bowlers much older than me....inspire me.......and thats the truth!! (I don't mean you Belly....lol)

See how I go......I have alway put family first and still will!

Hey Barb

I would be interested in seeing who did vote for the selection to be via the first 3 events because I cannot find one bowler who thought it was a good idea and in some states the representatives didn't bother to send it out to their members or give an opinion.

Susanne
Hey Susan, below part of my post , perhaps you missed
"unfortunately some of the Seniors did not receive the email" And I am one of the bowlers honest enough to admit - after all the keffuffel - who voted for roll off during the first three tournaments. I know NSW voted for separate roll off.

David,

My preference is to bowl 8 + 8 games, 10 games on Saturday is to long and 6 on Sunday is to short

Belly

Hi Bowlers,

Last spot in A squad has been taken up with Neale Hinsley. Both squads now currently full.

I have had an offer from Annie K & Kevin B to swap to A squad to help even the numbers to 55 each. We will still be after 3 more to even it up if anyone out there would like to help out. Maybe some Sydney sider's who are a bit closer and coming by car? rather than those travelling longer distances.

Kind Regards,
Hollywood.

Hi David...Peter Gallagher(Vic) would be willing to swap to "A" squad if that will help, would like to know asap if this is happening as we will be on holidays and not always able to be online....

Maybe some locals could offer to move before asking other bowlers to tackle 3 and 4 hour drives after finishing a squad in the late afternoon.

Hi Hollywood,
Just to let you know that I have just transferred the final amount into the ATBSO ACT account.
I would like to keep the tournament at 16 games playing 8 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday. Any money should be refunded as my donation to the prize fund is already enough.... LOL!!! (In my opinion)
Jo xox

Maybe some locals could offer to move before asking other bowlers to tackle 3 and 4 hour drives after finishing a squad in the late afternoon.

Now that I see I have made it up into the starters list, I am happy to move to Squad A if it helps the travellers out.
I would also prefer 8 and 8. Not sure I would be able to back up the next day after 10 games! Hell, I'm not sure I can back up after 8!
:) It's been a while for me!
Cheers
Jan Nordin

Now that I see I have made it up into the starters list, I am happy to move to Squad A if it helps the travellers out.
I would also prefer 8 and 8. Not sure I would be able to back up the next day after 10 games! Hell, I'm not sure I can back up after 8!
Cheers
Jan Nordin

IF I CAN YOU CAN

Cheers
Jan Nordin

Thanks Jan ( Local ) that would be good. Consider yourself in A squad. I will see if I can get 1 more local.

Cheers,
Hollywood.

Back
Top Bottom