CANBERRA SENIORS CUP 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
however if your patterns are not up to a minimum standard of say 6:1 or 7:1 and edge to edge the tournament should have no rankings points applied nor should TBA honor any 300's etc.

Somehow I think TBA want the biggest and best organisation in Australia to be part of them, and I think they are trying hard to accomodate us. Honor any 300's .???? Do they now?? Maybe the rules have just changed or something, don't we still have to pay?

I agree with Mr. Longy, when we spend lots of Dollars for little return, I think it not too hard to expect a little amount of enjoyment.

Try fixing the adult scene first, where it's suppose to count the most!!!

Cheers

Tony

Or simply put - If you cater for the Elite bowlers you will lose the average bowlers and if you lose your average bowlers then you lose your competition then the Elite bowlers can have what ever pattern they wish... dont think the prize money would be very good but....that is all.... cheers

Anthony L .. you are absolutely correct .. stuff around with what is the one real success in Australian bowling and the 'Seniors' will go the way of the majority of the 'Regular' events.

Entries of around forty or fifty, enrty fees up, number of qualifying games way down to accomodate the prize fund etc etc ..

Like it or not the majority of players involved in the Senior events couldnt give a rat's about the conditions, prize fund etc. They just want to have fun bowling and mixing with friends they have known for decades.

Just like they did all those years ago when tournaments like the Sydney and Melbourne cups were worth bowling in.

Hi Bowlers,
Well it now just 2 weeks away before we start the CSC.T he oiling pattern has certainly created a talking point to say the least.We are trying to give you all a chance to walk away from here happy with the way you have bowled.Not be disgruntled as on previous occassions.
Attached is the squad lists as at 10-15am 12/3/11
Cheers,
Ian S

Attachments

• CSC 2011 Squad List.doc
    149 KB · Views: 71
Hi All, For those one or two who dont know me I am Paul Terry, welcome to all those bowlers who are interested in the oil pattern laid down at Canberra and then try to incorporate that as being our "standard" pattern we have had to endure with over the last 4 years or so, firstly I have purposely kept quiet till now as everyone on the seniors tour (thats the one where we seem to have reserves and all of our tournys get filled up), know my thoughts and I have been an advocate for the seniors and a challenging but not extremely difficult pattern where not only enjoyment and comradary is a focus but utilising the techniques we have to make adjustments relative to our different abilities and capabilites some have confused that in the past with "easy" but not so and am glad that strop, me ol' mate understands what I have meant all this time.
Funding for the sport of tenpin in Australia has more to do with volume of participation, than someone laying down a condition, for others to try to bowl, the seniors are doing their bit by increasing their ranks of participation, so we must be doing something right, so the rest of you learn from us instead of bagging us and increase your ranks.
For those who are questioning the ranking system on say "easy" lanes, the ranking system is designed to award poiints to those based on their standings, and that is on the SAME condition so whoever wins has bowled the best on THAT particular condition, where everyone in that tournament has had the same opportunity, so deservingly so they win the points, and so on down the line.
As a member of the seniors committee, and the committte is made up of reps from each state with a reasonable understanding of what is required, we are working, at present, on a seniors policy for oil patterns pertaining to our needs and the capabilities of the bowling centres, in time that will become evident and announced at the appropriate juncture and not by me or influenced by anyone NOT involved in our great organisation.
I also compete in probably 99% of these tournys ( two I have missed through ill health) and I would welcome anyone to come down to these torunaments and actually immerse yourselves in what goes on and discuss with me, as I would always sit and discuss things bowling with any of you, so that a better understanding of what the needs of senior bowling is all about. Those who are not invloved or dont want to bowl on the tour, I, as most seniors, wish you keep your opinions out of the politics of our bowling, as negative, adhoc and uninformed comments only detracts from what our seniors has built over the last few years or so.
On the point of National representation, making tournaments "harder" for seniors so they can represent Australia better, is a total falicy, we are getting more medals simply due to the competition we are giving each other in these tournaments, unlike the other Asian countries, we are not supported with camps, or subsidisation from Government bodies, we do all this off our own back, we are self funded guys, we do it for the love of the sport and the love of our fellow competitior, and until the mentality of make it hard, win at all costs, the rest are losers, goes from your minds you will never understand us.
Challenges and priorites become different as you progress through life, bowling is the same, non seniors are making comments based on THEIR beliefs, some are happy waking up and jogging 10 kms, Im just happy waking up!!
I now look forward to those of you who commented and are seniors but not competing, to now compete with us and see how well you fare on our "easy" conditions..good luck with that.
I also agree that a pattern of 6 or 7 to 1 is a challenge( and not the Kegel stated ratio but the real maths one) any less and it becomes too hard for the senior bowler, any more and we have lots of fun... so what if we have lots of fun isnt that what life's about??

well said paul bowling and life is meant to be fun winning is not everything i agree with you what you said i have been a senior now nearly 3 years and like i said if you like to bowl on a good condition not a hard one just dont bowl and let someone else have a go and have fun
cheers matthew smith

Hi Ian,

If an opportunity does arise can I please change to B squad, not a biggy just would like to get way a little earlier.

Terry

Bowlers,
I have just had a phone call from Liz at Country Comfort advising that she has only 6 twin rooms left for CSC bowlers .Should any of you still require accom please phone LIZ on 02 62933666.If another staff happens to answer make sure you mention SENIORS CUP GROUP.
Cheers
Ian Swan

Hello Ian,
as per my email earlier today, i will be unable to attend.

best of Luck to you and all bowlers competing

cheers

Phil Sachs

Good morning bowlers ,
Just a few days to go bow so just wanted to keep up to date.

STARTING TIMES FOR SATURDAY 26TH as follows,
"A' squad 8-15am CHECK IN for 8-30am START
"B' squad 12-45pm CHECK IN for 1-00pm START

SUNDAY27TH
"B" squad 7-15am CHECK IN for 7-30am START
"A" squad 11-45 am CHECK IN for 12-00 o,clock START
Latest squad list attached.

Look forward to seeing all on Saturday Morning
Cheers,
Ian Swan

Attachments

149 KB · Views: 60
Hi Ian
Thanks for the latest update. Can you check Terry Wenban and myself. We should have swapped squads, with Terry now in B and me in A.

Thanks
Graham Parkins

what lovey bowling im definately coming i cant wait to see a real lefty in action , what am i saying god! im coming anyway ,otty.:surrender:

Hey! Otty, shame I can't come and see a real lefty either......

Plus I don't think George is old enough....He! He!...:)

Very funny Strop. I want what Otty's on, I'm not in the field. Shame we can't catch up.
Cheers Lovey

Hi bowlers,
There have been a couple of changes to the squads so here is the latest list
Ian S

Attachments

149 KB · Views: 45
Hi Bowlers,

Just minor changes to the squads.Hopefully this the last.
Cheers
Ian S

Attachments

148.5 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom