Association Challenge Lane schedule right or wrong?????

Get out the tissues, all the gun teams are gone soft. :surrender: next you will want a KEGEL.

well Jase as the secretary, it is my job to do up letters, organise invoices, type up lane draws after I have been advised on what it will be from the commity. As someone who has not been involved in an association challenge before other than helping with team roll offs, the main things i voted on during meetings was ways to fundraise, organise letters to be sent to the secretaries of other centres etc. you may like to note also that the Tournament Director for this event is Peter McElligott, not myself. Please feel free to contact the centre tommorrow on 07 4152 4334 to discuss further if you wish.:confused:

Actually Emma I rang and left two messages with the bowl before I posted…Haven’t had anyone return the calls…Funny though Brisbane and another associations said the same thing…No biggie I am sure it will get sorted…

You know me Quaily I have always been soft… ;)

In spite of everyone thoughts and opinions i'm not fussed either way, as long as we bowl and have a good time.

To those that are concerned with the scheduling though I have been worlking on a draw myself to satisfy eveyone.

Mine inovles 8 associations at a time with 2 sitting out each game (so 16 lanes being used (8 men 8 women))

When the next game commences the 2 associations that have sat out (had a bye) play each other. This is fair to everyone, both teams come in cold, there is no unfairness to teams that have sat out, or if a team just came off a huge game to continue the momentum to a completely cold team who might need a frame or 2 to get some rythem.

In my draw it would take 11 or 12 games to pay a complete round of 9.

Jase if you like give me a buzz and i'll send it.

Thanks for having a read, hope you like the idea??

As for me i'm a lte nite person so a 12:30 finish is fine, lol and i get a sleep in, lol. But thats just me not everyone else, feel sorry fopr the women though.

Regards
Nathan Hay

Peter at Bundaberg Bowl has decided to run with a 16 Lane draw…

Peter asks that all bowlers in the Association Challenge please accept that fact his concerns were based around lane brake downs and would ask that all bowlers involved in the challenge please be patient and not become angry and upset if you experience any machine or lane trouble over the weekend…

Hello Everyone,

Peter McElligott, Managing Partner of Bundy Bowl & Leisure and Joint Tournament Director with Josie Sommer for the 2007 Challenge.
To set all the rumours straight, our Club decided on the 10 Lane draw only because going with the 16 Lane draw meant there was no warm-up Lanes or spare Lanes in case of breakdowns and absolutely no other reason.

It was then brought to our attention that at a previous meeting of the Association teams, that the same format used at Caboolture was to be used which had 18 Lanes at the time and after discussions with an event organizer, he understood there would be difficulty keeping to that format with only 16 lanes, which may have not been anticipated so the decision was left to us to decide upon.

We then had our Wide Bay Easter Challenge in April and a pair of lanes broke down at this Event which strengthened our resolve to only use 10 lanes. I personally have yet to be contacted by any team Manager or anyone else other than one message left by a Brisbane bowler with regards to the draw, until Wednesday 2nd May. A good friend, Brian Bates from Caboolture Bowl called expressing that many people had contacted him opposed to the current draw. After discussions with our committee we decided in the best interests of the Challenge that we revert to the 16 Lane draw with the understanding that should problems arise, people will be prepared to wait and a suitable draw be drafted as fair to all.

So it’s official – 16 Lane draw it is for Bundy. Everyone will bowl at the same time. Details out soon. Bundaberg will be one of the best challenges ever and we look forward to a great challenge in June.
Regards,
Peter McElligott
Managing Partner – Joint Tournament Director
Association Challenge 2007

Peter McElligott, thanks for responding to all our concerns. I am sure with this new lane draw Association Challenge this year will be bigger than ever, can't wait for it.

Thanx for evrything you've done Peter. I'm sure it will be much appreciated by all bowlers participating in the challenge. Especially those travelling quite a distance.

thats good to hear that the times have changed. im sure that people will understand if there is a break down it does happen and noone can help that.

i will ask somebody at the bowl that knows for sure to let you all know when the lane schedule will be provided.

new schedule as sent to associations today.

Friday 8th June - 9.30pm - Managers Meeting.

DAY 1 SATURDAY 9TH JUNE

6.00am Centre open for Breakfast
7.00am Check in + Team Photos
7.45am Lanes on for Practice
8.00am Game 1
9.00am Game 2
10.00am Game 3
11.00am Game 4
12.00pm Game 5
1.00pm Lunch & Lanes Re-conditioned
Opening Ceremony
2.30pm Game 6
3.30pm Game 7
4.30pm Game 8
5.30pm Game 9
6.30pm Game 10

DAY 2 SUNDAY 10TH JUNE

6.30am Centre open for Breakfast
8.00am Game 11
9.00am Game 12
10.00am Game 13
11.00am Game 14
12.00pm Lunch & Lanes Re-conditioned
12.45pm Game 15
1.45pm Game 16
2.45pm Game 17
3.45pm Game 18
4.45pm Game 19
6.30pm Pre-dinner Drinks at
Bundaberg RSL
7.00pm Dinner Commences
8.30pm Presentations
DAY 3 MONDAY 11TH JUNE

7.00am Centre open for Breakfast
8.15am Lanes on for Practice
8.30am Game 20
9.30am Game 21
10.30am Game 22
11.30am Game 23
12.30pm Managers & Coaches Game
1.00pm Presentations
Tournament Closes

Thanks very much for that Emma. That should keep us bowlers happy. Well i think so anyway.

I know this may differ from centre to centre but, can anyone please give me a rough costing from previous years......

new schedule as sent to associations today.
Friday 8th June - 9.30pm - Managers Meeting.
DAY 1 SATURDAY 9TH JUNE
6.00am Centre open for Breakfast
7.00am Check in + Team Photos
8.00am Game 1
9.00am Game 2
10.00am Game 3
11.00am Game 4
12.00pm Game 5
1.00pm Lunch & Lanes Re-conditioned
Opening Ceremony
2.30pm Game 6
3.30pm Game 7
4.30pm Game 8
5.30pm Game 9
6.30pm Game 10
DAY 2 SUNDAY 10TH JUNE
6.30am Centre open for Breakfast
8.00am Game 11
9.00am Game 12
10.00am Game 13
11.00am Game 14
12.00pm Lunch & Lanes Re-conditioned
12.45pm Game 15
1.45pm Game 16
2.45pm Game 17
3.45pm Game 18
4.45pm Game 19
6.30pm Pre-dinner Drinks at
Bundaberg RSL
7.00pm Dinner Commences
8.30pm Presentations
DAY 3 MONDAY 11TH JUNE
7.00am Centre open for Breakfast
8.15am Lanes on for Practice
8.30am Game 20
9.30am Game 21
10.30am Game 22
11.30am Game 23
12.30pm Managers & Coaches Game
1.00pm Presentations
Tournament Closes

The changes look great, thanks Bundaberg
A quick question, the opening ceramony could it be done at the start and not in the middle??

Hey all bowlers competing in the Association Challenge next weekend, Bundy Bowl has allocated time for anyone wishing to practice before the tournament on the Friday night.

There is a league bowling early in the evening(6-730) and then having the usual lights out bowling from 7:30-9:00. Prices for practice at this time is $5.50 per game. However, at 9:00 the lights are going back to normal, and from that time onward games will be $4.50 per game.

See you next week,
Adam

Back
Top Bottom