Association Challenge Lane schedule right or wrong?????

Hammer

Last year at Association Challenge, it was decided apon every Association that they were going to follow the new times that were set out at Cabooluture. It ran really well for a small centre. Rumour on the weekend is, that Bundaberg can't use this Lane draw system due to the fact that they have booked several birthday parties. Can someone from Bundaberg say if this is so? I know it wont go down very nice with alot of other Associations having to bowl next to kids on this weekend, I hope this isn't the case.

hammer,it'll be 10 lanes of bowling 2 emergency lanes and 2 practice lanes as far as i know the other two will be booked out for association challenge

So do the Men and Ladies bowl together...Or do they bowl at different times...I hope we all bowl together as there will be some very late nights and early morning starts for a alot of people as they will all mostly travel to the bowl in the same cars or transporters…:(

The good OIL says ,Women early Sat,Sun and late start Mon. Men the opposite.
Have to change the market now!!!!!
hammo

Surely you should have your schedule by now Hammy we got ours a month ago outlining the times etc?

Yes great schedule it is, I mean woman having to be on the lanes at 6:15am oh what joy... Don't expect any team dinner's this year by looking at it I think the only time the teams will see each other is at the dinner.
I just can’t see why they can’t use the Caboolture lane draw that we had a few years ago, that worked fine and at least you actually just didn’t see the men’s team in passing, when you were making a lane change.
Feel for the men too, having there last game at 11:25pm, what does that make it, getting out of the bowl at say 12:30am, that’s if there isn’t any lane break downs, hope none of you guys want to get a bite to eat for dinner, at that hour you wont find anything.
Oh well let’s see how it all pans out, but I can say “NOT HAPPY JAN”:mad:

What happens if were all car pooling?????
Geez what a dissapointment. Is there a reason they can't use the Caboolture Lane Draw??

I see you got your copy too , Robbie. :p
Doesn't really matter Hammer, Bundy Committee have decided already.
Really what i can't understand is why they didn't do it as Caboolture was still able to put social bowlers on after each day at a resonable time ( 7.30pm ) i think.
Now................ Well its up to them what they want to do.:confused:
hamo

Caboolture Lane draw would be alright if bundy had 18 lanes. As there was a few rounds where caboolture used the whole centre.

Even if you take the teams who bowled on 17 & 18 where do you slot in the extra round, with one team having to bowl one game and then sit out. The way cabooltures draw was fair that at least all teams got to bowl a few games in a row when they got to bowl.

Also have to take into consideration that is if they have a lane breakdown and cant fix it, its going to blow the whole schedule for the weekend anyhow.

Anyhow its their call, have to weigh up the pros and cons and decide from there.

I was wondering what happened to this ruling that was adopted in the managers meeting at Caboolture 2005…

Rule 15. VENUE FOR NEXT YEAR

(a) The vote for next Host Association will be taken at a meeting to be held the Monday of the Tournament.
(b) Three voting delegates from each Area/Association are eligible to vote on decisions made at this meeting concerning venue, amendments to rules etc.
(c) Each Area/Association will have the right to tender to host the Challenge; however, the maximum acceptable price per game increase per year will be 10c per game.
(d) Every Association will be scheduled to host the Challenge on a rotational basis.
(e) The Challenge will alternate between small & large centres.
e.g. 2002 (large centre), 2003 (small centre), 2004 (large centre) etc.
Large centre meaning 20 lanes or more. Small centres meaning 18 lanes or less.
For small centres, the format set at Caboolture in 1999 will be adopted.
(f) Alternating between small & large centres can only occur if an acceptable quote is submitted from e.g. a small centre in the year that small centres are eligible to host.
This could cause a change in this proposed rotation but the Tournament should continue with alternating the next year.
(g) At the presentation of trophies ceremony on the final day, the Host Area/Association for next year will be announced.

I think that the lane draw that I have seen is unacceptable in my opinion, and should be looked at so the Association Challenge can be played in the spirit that Association has been know for since day 1, and that is a FUN TEAM environment…

How on earth can Associations go away AS A TEAM when we have start and finish times that have as it stands?

To expect Team Managers and Coaches of whom is some cases in other Association Team’s is the same Person for both Men and Ladies, to be in a bowling centre for a total of 19+ hours straight, is both silly and unhealthy and then be expected to be back in a bowl at 6.45am the next day with approximately 3-4 hours sleep… And that’s only if everything runs on time…Everyone Traveling home on the Monday with minimal sleep after the weekend is also unhealthy and dangerous…

A meeting should be held between Associations representatives in a telephone hook up so that we can get something better arranged…

I know they only have 16 lanes to use, but to use an excuse of worrying about lane brake downs is not good enough, as it’s a risk we take when we hold it in a 20 lane centre as well, with no spare lanes if they have a pair brake down…I know that the Caboolture lane draw was on 18 lanes but there has to be some other way even if it only saves us 2-3 hours…

A late Finnish on the Monday is fine so long as people are given an opportunity to get some decent sleep on both the Saturday and Sunday night…

Emma, if you’re the Bundaberg Association Sectary could you please explain a few things to the Gold Coast and other Associations please…

What does everyone else think…

Lane draw attached for all to see…

Attachments

• Ass Chall.pdf
    290.2 KB · Views: 56
We got the schedules last Friday night and I can't believe the times we're bowling. It makes it hard for those going with families ( not that it's a family weekend ). I won't get to see much of my little girl and husband, not to mention spend much time together as a whole team.
But I guess these sacrafices must be made if we want to bowl. We just have to grin and bear it.
Also the late finish on Monday is going to make it a exceptionally long day for those who have a fair distance to travel home. It's going to make things very hard if the only people driving are those who have been bowling all weekend and having the late nights. Talk about travelling death traps!!!!!! I know I'm a first timer at this tournament, but maybe something could be done about it for the future of it.

Anyhow its their call, have to weigh up the pros and cons and decide from there.
Is it their call though?
Does that mean we have to accept any Lane Draw that is put up by a small Centre?
Some of us on the Gold Coast have 5 and 10 year certificates and none of us can remember a draw that is so restrictive.
Jason and Hammer are quite right and we should be following the accepted procedure that was adopted and agreed by all Associations.
I have to wonder why is it being done this way, its taking a lot of the fun out of the Competition.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this draw similar to the small centre draw we had before the changes that were done in Caboolture.

i also have some concerns about the upcoming association weekend.

(a) starting and finishing times can,t get any worse with breakdowns if using the caboolture system.

(b) ladies having to bowl 6 games without lanes being conditioned is wrong. the pattern what ever it might be will not last. you could cause injury.

(c) we don't go away to bowl as two separate teams or be in the bowl for 18 or so hours to be a united team.

(d) there are 20 teams - 5 bowlers per team and 18 team games, the associations are the paying customers for this event let alone the fund raising the bowlers and supporters have done. we do a say the scheduling of this weekend and this needs to be looked at urgently other wise we will be having the problems in two years time. WE ARE THE CUSTOMER

Totaly Agree Drewy....

You forgot a small thing like…The healths of some team members…Some have had heart By-Passes, some are Diabetics, just to name a few…

If I am correct the Lane draw that Caboolture had in 2005 could easily be used…There was only a total of 4 Matches through out the weekend that were played on Lanes 17 and 18…With this in mind we could go with that Draw and slot those extra 4 Games in between the 4 Associations and 8 Teams on the Saturday night or start a an hour earlier on the Saturday Morning…

At Caboolture we had…
A start time of 8.30 am on the Saturday and a finish Time of approximately 6.00pm…
Sunday we had a start time of 8.00am and a finish time of approximately 5.15pm…
Monday we had a start time of 8.00am and a finish time of approximately Lunch Time + presentations and so on…

With the existing lane draw as it stands we would be in a bowl approximately 19 hours on the Saturday, 11 Hours one the Sunday and 7 hours on the Monday…

As the Caboolture draw stood this is how it worked…

Men
Team 1 Brisbane…8 Games in…2 out…3 in…2 out…7 in
Team 2 Bundy …9 Games in…2 out…2 in…2 out…7 in
Team 3 Caboolture …6 Games in…1 out…3 in…1 out…4 in…2 out…5 in
Team 4 Gold Coast …8 Games in…2 out…3 in…2 out…7 in
Team 5 Hervey Bay …7 Games in…1 out…2 in…1 out…4 in…2 out…5 in
Team 6 Ipswich…8 Games in…2 out…3 in…2 out…7 in
Team 7 Kingaroy…6 Games in…2 out…3 in…2 out…9 in
Team 8 Rockhampton…6 Games in…1 out…1 in…3 out…9 in
Team 9 Sunshine Coast…6 Games in…2 out…3in…2 out…9 in
Team 10 Toowoomba…6 Games in…2 out…3in…2 out…9 in

Ladies
Team 11 Brisbane…2 Games in…2 out…15 in…2 out…1 in
Team 12 Bundy …2 Games in…2 out…16 in…2 out
Team 13 Caboolture …4 Games in…2 out…11 in…1 out…3 in…1 out
Team 14 Gold Coast …2 Games in…2 out…15 in…2 out…1 in
Team 15 Hervey Bay …4 Games in…2 out…12 in…1 out…2 in…1 out
Team 16 Ipswich…2 Games in…2 out…15 in…2 out…1 in
Team 17 Kingaroy…3 Games out…15 in…2 out…3 in
Team 18 Rockhampton…2 Games out…17 in…1 out…1 in
Team 19 Sunshine Coast…2 Games out…15 in…2 out…3 in
Team 20 Toowoomba…2 Games out…15 in…2 out…3 in

Even though you come in cold sometimes that’s just how it is…Better than getting out at 2am I recon…
The down side is that the Men and Ladies Associations weren’t on the pairs side by side…E.g. Brisbane Men and Ladies could at some stages be at opposite ends of the house…

Small price to pay for a better lane draw, sleep and a social aspect of the weekend...

Jase, sounds like you have nutted out a solution, I hope Bundy see the problems at hand and address them with each Association. This has to be better than the current lane proposal

.Emma, if you’re the Bundaberg Association Sectary could you please explain a few things to the Gold Coast and other Associations please…
What does everyone else think…
Lane draw attached for all to see…
well Jase as the secretary, it is my job to do up letters, organise invoices, type up lane draws after I have been advised on what it will be from the commity. As someone who has not been involved in an association challenge before other than helping with team roll offs, the main things i voted on during meetings was ways to fundraise, organise letters to be sent to the secretaries of other centres etc. you may like to note also that the Tournament Director for this event is Peter McElligott, not myself. Please feel free to contact the centre tommorrow on 07 4152 4334 to discuss further if you wish.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom