2003 North Queensland Rachuig Team

F

Funky Chicken

I was just reading the post regarding the South Queensland team, and that they are having their roll-off over 36 games on two different weekends in two different centres. There is also heaps of information regarding requirements for nominations, how to apply for a position as a manager, coach and or selector. This is great for all concerned and portrays their association in a very professional light.

Now to North Queensland where rumour has it that the association wanted to have a five (yes five) game roll off on one day to decide the team. If this was the case they may as well just put everybody's name into a hat and pick 7 out.

There has been no information put out regarding the roll off dates, format (ie number of games), how to nominate as a bowler, manager, coach or selector. This is very important, especially to the bowlers as they have to organise time off work, accomodation etc to attend the roll offs.

To the people responsible for organising the North Queensland team, THIS IS SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!! and in stark contrast to South Queensland portrays you in a very poor light.

Now if the rumours are true that a 16 game roll off is to be conducted on the 8&9th March 2003 (a mere 8 weeks away), don't you think it 's about time to get the information out to all interested parties.

The bowlers and other interested persons should not have to rely on rumours to obtain information, it should be made readily available to them in a timely manner. I'm sure the Australian Tennis Association don't leave it till 8 weeks out to inform players and administrative staff about how to apply for the Davis Cup Team.

So come on North Queensland (Association Members) get off your behinds and serve the people your were elected to represent!!!!

Steve Hunt

PS: To anyone on the NQ Rachuig committee that takes offence at my comments, I make no apologies as it is always the bowlers who seem to get the short end of the stick.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hey there Steve. I got a really interesting email the other day from Kelly. She sent me the South Queensland Rachiug nomination form. Must think i am going to change areas. but i doubt that very much. Have fun in Cairns Open and hope you bowl well. See you in March at the NQ Rachuig rolloffs. :)

Back
Top Bottom